Feel free to contact me if you have some enquiries in using INMOTION products

King Ma - INMOTION

PLEASE NOTE: emails to King Ma are being rejected and he hasn’t been on this forum since 4th September 2017 so you are very unlikely to get any answers to Inmotion questions from him.

However, if you do have a question other forum members will do their best to help.

Hi everyone :)

Recent days I receive some emails from the forum members about enquiries in using the INMOTION products, after- sales service, spare part. I am really grateful that you support our products, if you have any questions & issues, or business relationship questions, pls do not hesitate to contact me : king.ma@imscv.com or @me in the forum, I will try my best to help you, and solve problems.

001.png.cb329c452d544551b4b76f4cca060848.png

thanks a lot,

Best regards,

King Ma
Overseas Sales Rep
Cell:+86 1848 997 1033
Email:
king.ma@imscv.com

Inmotion Technologies Co., Ltd
Add: 18F, B1, Nanshan i Park,
No. 1001 Xueyuan Ave., Nanshan District,
Shenzhen, China. 518000

Good to see you on the Forum, King Ma!

Here's something for you to think about -

I am a 66 year old, lightly-built male and I have had an Airwheel for 2 years now.

I was almost ready to buy a V8 as an upgrade from the Airwheel when I began to realise I was getting lower-back pain from the bumps and vibrations of the the rough surfaces I have to ride on.

I am now very reluctant to invest more money in this mode of transport if it is going to cause pain to my spine.

Has your company considered adding some type of shock absorber or suspension to a wheel?

My age, and the fact that I have a history of lower back strains may mean that I am suffering where a younger, fitter person would not have a problem.

Nevertheless, I have been reducing the number of rides I have on my wheel to avoid discomfort.  

I am very disappointed about this because I love the experience of 'Wheeling' and I really thought it might be my future transport around my city.

What do you think about the idea of shock absorbers on an Electric Wheel?

The currently available solutions are (i) a fat tire run with comparatively low pressure. That rules out the V8, on which even the 2.125 only barely fits. (ii) soften the knees, which is exhausting (muscles will build up) but adds comfort to the back and safety in general.

• 2 weeks later...

There are top milage people who have hacked the app to make themselves the leaders. This week's top leader even brags about cheating the milage on his Time line, and other social media. It is very discouraging for the users and is possibly the reason why people use other apps and forums instead of the Inmotion one.

But a guy having 22,000 miles on a L6 is just not possible in real life driving. He was using a dremmel to fool the wheel, but now has hacked into the app. I want no part in that sort of Tom foolery! Why does Inmotion sanction this behavior by allowing it so stridently to take place?

• 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, Ubeogesh said:

@King Ma - INMOTIONhey, i tried to send you an email but it got rejected!

Thank you for letting us know. I must say that I’m not at all surprised, we had one flurry of activity from him for about two weeks and then he hasn’t been back to the forum since September 4th. I don’t think he lasted very long in the job and he certainly squirmed about and became uncommunicative when challenged on the Inmotion / Solowheel deal.

A real pity as good representation by Inmotion on this forum would be a huge asset.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2017 at 5:46 PM, Barone Cornadure said:

Hello friend, when will a faster and more powerful Inmotion come out?

Yup!

Loving my V8, but always having to ride deep into tiltback just to get the extra couple of kph to go a bit faster than the limiting 30 kph; its no fun.

Have been waiting for a year for a possible "V10" with 18 inches and 50 kph capability.

Well, tired of waiting already, so just bought myself a Gotway Tesla. Other than being obviously heavier and bulkier (and more effort is needed to control it due to the fact that I'm a scrawny 127 pound guy), surprisingly, the Tesla and the V8 ride characteristics seems pretty similar - responsive and fast (53 kph tested)!

Hi,  could I ask a question about the SCV correction?   What is the correct procedure?

Does tilt have to be set to 0.0 first?     Does it need to be on and resting on either front or rear bumper,  or on its side (and if on the side is there any consideration if I've got lots of padding preventing it from the same horizontal it would have been without it)?

My understanding of the SCV Correction procedure is:

1. Power ON wheel
  2. Disregard tilt value
  3. Hold power-cut button below handlebar
  4. Guild wheel forward to rest on front bumper while holding power-cut button
  5. Press SCV Correction button on phone app
  6. See "Correction succeed" message displayed on phone app
  7. Guild wheel to upright position again while still holding power-cut button
  8. Release power-cut button
  9. Set tilt value - be it default or some other values

• 2 weeks later...

Hi King Ma et. al., 

I basically signed up to the forum to get an answer to one question - but it's a bit urgent.  I'm riding my inmotion v8 in a parade (of about 4 or 5 km. - 2 or 3 miles) this Saturday evening. It's supposed to rain all day Saturday. How bad is riding an inmotion v8 in the rain? What if it's fairly light rain? Temperature will be about 8 degrees celsius, maybe 45 or 50 degrees fahrenheit. Is there any way of protecting it from damage (wrapping it in plastic foil?) Will there be damage? Could it survive just fine? Thank you.

There's definitely a rubber gasket near the handle which helps avoid ingress.  Also the control panel appears to be well isolated from water in general.  The battery pack is also encased in a plastic shell so I would say short of total water immersion, the V8 looks to be fairly well water resistant as far as I can see.

3 hours ago, Johnny Toronto said:

Welcome to the forum!

Hi King Ma et. al., 

King ma seems to not be on the forum anymore... But here are some riders with innotion v8 experience.

I basically signed up to the forum to get an answer to one question - but it's a bit urgent.  I'm riding my inmotion v8 in a parade (of about 4 or 5 km. - 2 or 3 miles) this Saturday evening. It's supposed to rain all day Saturday. How bad is riding an inmotion v8 in the rain? What if it's fairly light rain? 

As @Hunka Hunka Burning Love wrote it should go fine, inmotion is known for quite well build wheels. Also quite no EUC is really waterproof. There where imho quite some success reports of all kinds of wheels driven in (espessially ligjt) rain... Some reports were imho with smaller malfunctions (power button?) once in a while.

To be on the safe side you could tinker yourself some rain suit for the V8!?

Temperaturewill be about 8 degrees celsius, maybe 45 or 50 degrees fahrenheit.

Try to get the wheel well temperated to the parade! Batteries loose quite some capacitance and current delivering abilities at cold temps! 

Also you're going to drive well above sub zero temps, be prepared of possible "wobbly" behaviour, unexpected tiltbacks. Maybe make a testride at such temps before?

@Johnny Toronto

There is often tightness issues between external radiator and controller box (rubber edge installed bad), if you're familiar with tech i would recommend to disassemble and check it.
also, battery container is not waterproof, it has sticker on the top but its almost useless and not long enough to cover "ceiling". Also water gets into container from the bottom, while wheel driving over puddles.

Personally i would strongly recommend to not to use V8 in the rain at all!

IMG_20171102_163845_HDR.thumb.jpg.7b0e93 IMG_20171102_164114_HDR.thumb.jpg.675c52

IMG_20171102_202307_HDR.jpg.c6d8d1142f21

Archived