MSuper V2 differences

I just received my second MSuper18 V2 (yes V2).

Both are MS speed (so written on the carton-box).

Now I have a litte problem, because they to not beep at the same speed.

The first is two years old and start beeping with 20kmh (GPS) and the second I received today start beeping at 16 or 17 kmh (GPS).

Any ideas why?

I still use the over two years old app, so at the V2 I can not adjust the start of the beeping.

I also have another question......the second will overheat faster then the old one....same route, same outside tmp.....

Anything I can do?

Thanks

58 minutes ago, ^tom^ said:

I just received my second MSuper18 V2 (yes V2).

Both are MS speed (so written on the carton-box).

Now I have a litte problem, because they to not beep at the same speed.

The first is two years old and start beeping with 20kmh (GPS) and the second I received today start beeping at 16 or 17 kmh (GPS).

Any ideas why?

I still use the over two years old app, so at the V2 I can not adjust the start of the beeping.

I also have another question......the second will overheat faster then the old one....same route, same outside tmp.....

Anything I can do?

Thanks

Probably just tolerance stack up,  especially if one is two years newer than the other, there could be slight differences in soldering and components.  I don't know what you could do to make them more similar.

You must really like the V2 to get a second one.  Why not get a V3 instead?  Or even a completely different brand?  The reason I ask is that I had a chance to buy a used V2 but didn't.  I just like to read other peoples opinions on their wheels.

1 minute ago, steve454 said:

Probably just tolerance stack up,  especially if one is two years newer than the other, there could be slight differences in soldering and components.  I don't know what you could do to make them more similar.

You must really like the V2 to get a second one.  Why not get a V3 instead?  Or even a completely different brand?

Will see, I got a new board for the first one this year....so it mujst be something else.

I also have a spare board I could use.

Why a second same one:

I like it and it is fast enough for me at all. 20kmh is more then enough to hurt yourself!

It can drive uphill fast (on paved or similar roads) and runs like on tracks. Do I need more?

And the best: If I can buy a new wheel for a good price (the two year old was twice as much) and I never emptied the battery within one tour.

It is still not legal in Switzerland, so I do not drive it often and only where almost nobody can see me.

16 minutes ago, ^tom^ said:

I like it and it is fast enough for me at all. 20kmh is more then enough to hurt yourself!

It can drive uphill fast (on paved or similar roads) and runs like on tracks. Do I need more?

And the best: If I can buy a new wheel for a good price (the two year old was twice as much) and I never emptied the battery within one tour.

Good reasons, now I wish I had bought that used one.  Especially for the bigger tire and battery and power.

Today I was able to learn to fly on concrete.

My new mSuper18 turned off at the time 4 beep in a row was coming.

I did not spend attention to it, because it was beeping all the time.

So it was at around 25kmh (GPS) (maybe 30kmh at the app).

What is wrong? I have a MS version.

It does not seams like it is the LS version, because I can not feel a better torque.

Does anyone know if it possbile to build a LS board in a MS wheel (by accident)?

The carton was never open after it left the factory and the carton says MS.

3 minutes ago, ^tom^ said:

Today I was able to learn to fly on concrete.

My new mSuper18 turned off at the time 4 beep in a row was coming.

I did not spend attention to it, because it was beeping all the time.

So it was at around 25kmh (GPS) (maybe 30kmh at the app).

What is wrong? I have a MS version.

It does not seams like it is the LS version, because I can not feel a better torque.

Does anyone know if it possbile to build a LS board in a MS wheel (by accident)?

The carton was never open after it left the factory and the carton says MS.

Hmmh, that can be nearly everything...

First: its an old wheel..even when it is new..it was produced some days ago, perhaps batteries are weak/old/defect?

what was your batterie charge? the old V2 are known to shut off earlier on empty batteries.

Also: Motors are "handmade" ...they can have some "range", what they are able to....for example my old Ks18a, which should have a speed of 48-49 on lifting...never was faster than 43-44..."handmade weak motor" was the explaining from KS (that was long ago!!!)

Dont take that as offense: i dont get how to buy a V2 nowadays...even if 20 kmh are ok for you (which is not true, as you drove minimum 25kmh on the fall)...the newer wheels which can drive 40 kmh easily have much more saftey on driving 20-25kmh!

Let's say it the other way: My speed was maximum 25kmh and not minimum.

It's start beeping with 20kmh (GPS) 3 times.

It was not low battery it was charged to around 90% and also not week, because there are moments just befor it was using higher current for sure.

Do you know when there where build? They have a lot of sticker on it and this is only at the new one, the old one has not one of them. So ist must be produced later and not 2 years ago.

Even if the motor is build by hand...has it something to do with the shut down (the board does it not the wheel)?

Tilt pedal defintiv better, but so GW does not do it....

(maybe I am a little wrong but) If the battery is week or overloaded.....the wheel is shutting down slowly by rising the pedals and not a shut down.

It definitiv does not shut down the wheel from on moment to the other (also not if it is overheatet)

12 minutes ago, ^tom^ said:

(maybe I am a little wrong but) If the battery is week or overloaded.....the wheel is shutting down slowly by rising the pedals and not a shut down.

It definitiv does not shut down the wheel from on moment to the other (also not if it is overheatet)

If one or more of the cells are defect, you can have a spontaneous shut-down. (i did not mean just "low voltage/charge")

Also on Overloaded batterie, there might be some warnings before...but after some more time a overload leads to a shut off also.

Hmm, hard to find out whats the problem...

I personally would try to find out, what the wheel is  i capable off.

To get an idea i would test the "maximum lift off speed" by hand on different batterie charges and subtract a good bit for safety.

Having a cutoff is reallybad...it is hard to get "trust" in the wheel if it is doing that.

My other thoughts above ( wheel old/handmade) are not supposed to be Gotway bashing, just ideas, why this V2 behave other than your old one.

Did the stamp on the motor rim also say :MS?

21 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Did the stamp on the motor rim also say :MS?

Thanks; Yes it does

The spare board says MS (I got it in June 2016), the build in does not show it (no sticker), but some looks like a date "16 16"

I have to correction my self:

The EU did not shut down; it did not acceleration any more.

I checked a old u-tube videdo from Austin (even if it is not the same EU, it is what happen):

This was exactly what happen....pedals went forward down and I was not be able to run fast enough.

GotWay also refuse most the time any direct customer support to solve the problem, so also this time.

15 minutes ago, ^tom^ said:

The EU did not shut down; it did not acceleration any more.

I checked a old u-tube videdo from Austin (even if it is not the same EU, it is what happen):

This was exactly what happen....pedals went forward down and I was not be able to run fast enough.

GotWay also refuse most the time any direct customer support to solve the problem, so also this time.

This is no solvable problem - just the way it is with every motor. Just if one invents (electric) motors that give the same torque without speed limitations this could be "solved". Leaves just the question what happens if one reaches the speed of light - if one still overleans then or stays upright by relativistic effects?...:ph34r:

The main difference from GW to other wheels is, that they don't tiltback/tiltback can be disabled before going to fast. But still this tiltbacks and beeping does not warn one, if one accelerates too fast to the limit...

Like here logged for a KS16B 

I know this is how it is and can not be solved!

BUT and only this is my problem: This new MS Version (maybe 25kmh) does not drive as fast as the other MS version (maybe 30kmh) I do have.

Archived