Gotway Prototype- Not the Telsa- Super Fast!

Someone is testing a new Gotway prototype. Not the Telsa.  They state it is the most powerful electric unicycle in the world- hands down! 

I don't really see the need for a faster wheel at this stage.  30+ mph is way more than enough.  These companies should be working on quality control and safety.  Bragging rights is cool and all but beyond testing or just to say "I did it", I'm sure 90+% of the people here would rather have a high quality wheel that is safe and goes slightly slower rather than having a wheel that is capable of more but has questionable build quality and reliability.  Travelling at 35mph is a death wish.  Anyone that has fallen at any speed 15 mph or higher I'm sure will tell you that's plenty scary without travelling double that speed.  

Also, I would need a ton of money to be a Gotway crash test dummy.................................

Please, no Gotway haters need join this topic. We all know the weaknesses of the Gotway brand. For those of us who love the power and joy of the Gotway riding experience, the Gotway foibles are  bearable.

Whatever this new machine is I can't wait to see it. Looks like fall is going to be a good time for Gotway fanboys :clap3:

Looks to me like the next MSuper or a new 18-inch wheel based on proportion and speed. Doesn't look to me big enough to be the next Monster. The 18 inch would be due next for an update... It's currently the oldest wheel in Gotway's lineup, which is itself remarkable.

I could definltely see an MSuper with active cooling and beefier axles/wiring be able to cruise pretty easily at speeds like this. 

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Please, no Gotway haters need join this topic. We all know the weaknesses of the Gotway brand. For those of us who love the power and joy of the Gotway riding experience, the Gotway foibles are  bearable.

Whatever this new machine is I can't wait to see it. Looks like fall is going to be a good time for Gotway fanboys :clap3:

Once upon a time I was a newbie and did not know pros&cons of any wheel, but the various "remainders" on this forum within the brand topics help me choose my wheel according to my tastes.

So while you push the pros let the others push the cons so that others can decide with a wider view, I think this is a main pros of this forum otherwise it will be just a brand marketing of positive news ..... and the sh....t under the carpet ?! :huh:

1 minute ago, EricGhost said:

Once upon a time I was a newbie and did not know pros&cons of any wheel, but the various "remainders" on this forum within the brand topics help me choose my wheel according to my tastes.

So while you push the pros let the others push the cons so that others can decide with a wider view, I think this is a main pros of this forum otherwise it will be just a brand marketing of positive news ..... and the sh....t under the carpet ?! :huh:

Pros and cons are great. I try and be fair and balanced (mostly) myself. But sometimes I get tired of cheap shots, which I don't think adds much to the discussion.

What value does 'Probably easier than them claiming "the most robust unicycle in the world" ...' contribute to the knowledge sharing of the Forum? I'd argue, "not much".

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

What value does 'Probably easier than them claiming "the most robust unicycle in the world" ...' contribute to the knowledge sharing of the Forum? I'd argue, "not much".

Want to delete all the posts that don't contribute to the knowledge sharing of the forum? Good luck with that. 

2 hours ago, EricGhost said:

Same here. I bought my Inmotion after some research on internet (started out with thinking about the Segway euc, came a long way before buying, it was all Chinese (pun intended) to me :D ). Now I am a daily visitor here and I read up on all the models, and also check out some reviews / disassembly videos, and IMHO you need to be a real fanboy to still buy Gotway wheels after all you read about them. Everyone does what he or she wants of course, and everywhere there are fanboys and nothing wrong with that, that's how it works with luxury toys and personal preference. 

With the knowledge I gained here I would probably opt for KingSong next time or would have bought a KingSong wheel instead of the Inmotion. Gotway? Lower build quality combined with higher speed? Thanks but no thanks. 

My 2 cents ;) 

34 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

Want to delete all the posts that don't contribute to the knowledge sharing of the forum? Good luck with that. 

Nowhere did I say that I wanted to delete posts :confused1: I'm suggesting that we all minimize ad hominem attacks on any wheel or manufacturer.

I'm not going to discharge one brand because the same guy attacks it again and again on general issues, while the whole others talk about small or great defined issues such as firmware,app,reliability,battery quality, case quality, burn out controllers, bad safety systems, shut out, speed, range...... and so on and so on....

when GW working on faster one, I hope they work on reliability and safety of the product. I absolutly love speed and how it feels, but would like to have a piece of mind as well. 

Im really hoping to see MSuper v3s special edition or what ever they will call it, seriously this machine is a beast..... and I like it :D

He said it was a 100V 22" Monster prototype.  He didn't look like he had enough protection for 55 MPH even if he did know every dip in the road.  Pretty impressive though. Sounds like they will release a few prototypes for serious enthusiasts.  Sounds like they will just be custom modified boards, not an official product at this point.

On 8/22/2017 at 9:22 PM, who_the said:

Looks to me like the next MSuper or a new 18-inch wheel based on proportion and speed. Doesn't look to me big enough to be the next Monster. 

Wrong, as usual. ;)

Archived