Tire of new MS3s+ scraping the shell

11 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Ugh.  @Marty Backe...didn't we just purchase our GW Mtens from the Green Tea travel and rip off shop? It's the last time I listen to you!  ;)

HA - that's the last time I listen to YOU.

BTW, did you ever get a receipt or anything semi-official indicating that you bought a wheel. I got a "thank you" message for the $800, but that's it. No indication that I bought anything or any idea when it's supposed to ship. Should I be worried :unsure:

1 hour ago, batiti93 said:

okay, but... what about the distance between  the middle of the tire (the vertical line), and the middle of the shell (vertical line where the both frames of the shell are connected), as I outlined it in my first picture?. what is weird on mine is that this distance (what seems to be called "offset") is different when I compare the front of the wheel and the backward: 2 mm in the front, but 4/5 mm in the back...both to the right side of the shell.

I'm starting to get confused and tired :( I think this may be my final answer to you. My tire is perfectly centered within the shell opening. Thus, 6mm spacing on each side of the wheel. See the videos I posted for additional info.

41 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Ladies and gentlemen the above Rehab1 ACM assembly video, 'part 15 of a 50 part series', was hacked! No way did the official Rehab1 beat the pedal hanger onto the axle using just a screwdriver! Rehab1 is a highly skilled mechanic and only uses custom slotted high grade steel sockets to torque his ACM axle nuts. The imposter used some prehistoric box end wrench during this tightening process! The official Rehab1 is now drowning his sorrows downing multiple margaritas! :facepalm: :crying: 

It's usually best not to look at our previous work - it can always be done better in hindsight.

Personally I think you are very adept at using a screwdriver 

Rehab1 Pounding Screwdriver - small.jpg

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

It's usually best not to look at our previous work - it can always be done better in hindsight.

Personally I think you are very adept at using a screwdriver 

Rehab1 Pounding Screwdriver - small.jpg

LMAO!:laughbounce2: Good one! I now need to be extra careful on my future posts depicting your character. ;)

@batiti93 The question is not how much the tire can be off center, of whether it has to be aligned perfectly. The fact that it is so far off-center indicates a production defect, like a missing or wrong washer or so; and it would automatically be aligned nearly perfectly if it were produced correctly. That it is different on each side of the wheel makes this even more clear.

The shop you bought from is pretty reputable, so try to convince them otherwise to help you. Just don't say "tire scrapes the shell", say "production defect" or "tire very far off-center", "possibly bent axle", etc. Sometimes new and fully inflated tires can scrape the shell a bit on the inside until they wear off a tiny bit, and the shop might confuse your problem for that (which is indeed no actual problem).

How did you pay? You can do Paypal disputes quite late etc, and don't you have to confirm the payment after the package has arrived or something like this?

Archived