Signal indicator vest

• 1 year later...

For anyone else who's as broke as I am after spending all their savings on their wheel,  here's my cheap-ass DIY solution:

$14 clip-on bike/jogging light (bright as hell)

346kt2t.jpg

$9 reflective adhesive tape (red on palm for indicating braking, orange on back of hand for signaling turns)

2lo6jro.jpg

wi6bvc.jpg

Will see how long they last in place, but it came with 3 rolls (white, red & yellow), so they can easily be replaced. If I don't update the post in a couple of weeks' time, it means they didn't work and I've been run over :efee612b4b:

4 minutes ago, travsformation said:

OK, here goes V2, the idiot-proof version (thought the perpendicular lines might confuse some drivers) :efee612b4b:

2e2dk4x.jpg

You sir, have seriously under estimated my idiocy. :eff02518bb:

Great idea. Reflectors are always a good thing. If nothing else it shows movement. As started on the site before, yellow is a color that people seem to notice. Red and white not so much. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/3/2018 at 3:29 PM, Circuitmage said:

Yes! No need for gadgets when you have reflective tape. Also, some dollar stores sell strips for cheap.

Well there still is a differance between a passive (reflective) to an active (lights) system. Preferable you like to combine both.

Reason: most led light are directional, meaning in some angels they are hard to see especially leads. As for reflective it only works if there are active lights illustrating the surface. But since reflective surfaces can be curved they work well I different angels. 

In short one do not rule out the other. In this case you have 1+1=4 😉

I actually went looking for reflective tape over the holidays (not for my EUC, but for a cargo cage) , and COULD NOT find any at 4 different stores. It seems relegated to automotive and HW stores now. And, the relatively cheap set I bought at Harbor Freight tools had very bad adhesive (of course) , so do not buy any there!

2 hours ago, Circuitmage said:

I actually went looking for reflective tape over the holidays (not for my EUC, but for a cargo cage) , and COULD NOT find any at 4 different stores. It seems relegated to automotive and HW stores now. And, the relatively cheap set I bought at Harbor Freight tools had very bad adhesive (of course) , so do not buy any there!

Dollar Tree stores in my area carry this (excellent) reflective tape in the hardware section. You get about 4 feet of tape in two colors. Reflectivity and adhesive are both excellent. Highly recommended.

IMG_20190107_121445.jpg

Archived