1036wh Rockwheel GT16 now listed

who_the

Noticed the Rockwheel store updated their listing for the GT16 to include a 1036wh model for $1,350.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Rockwheel-GT16-powered-unicycle-global-booking-84-v-voltage-858-wh-speed-surprise-Electric-bicycle-mini/32772917120.html

Not a seller or marketer, just posting for informational purposes. The GT16 has intrigued me for a while. I guess I'm thankful I don't have an unlimited EUC budget. Or, maybe not...

I've been watching the GT16 development for quite some time as well, but the oscillation issues some people have been reporting along with thin wire thickness and inconvenient shell design have held me back.  That plus the riding season is so short here, it just gets too cold to ride about 1/2 of the year.  :(  Add to that the fact it's technically illegal to ride on the roads, sidewalks, or pathways here, and you end up wondering whether it's wise to plunk just under two grand for a wheel.  You guys with better weather are much luckier.

20 hours ago, who_the said:

Noticed the Rockwheel store updated their listing for the GT16 to include a 1036wh model for $1,350.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Rockwheel-GT16-powered-unicycle-global-booking-84-v-voltage-858-wh-speed-surprise-Electric-bicycle-mini/32772917120.html

Not a seller or marketer, just posting for informational purposes. The GT16 has intrigued me for a while. I guess I'm thankful I don't have an unlimited EUC budget. Or, maybe not...

Yeah, I've seen those for the last couple of months. If I didn't already have a great set of wheels I probably would have bought one. But now with the Tesla just around the corner, I would probably buy that before the Rockwheel.

I know Gotway isn't the king of quality (that has to go to KingSong), they still seem ahead of Rockwheel.

Well said. Though, I haven't seen the GT16 1036wh model listed before. At that capacity, the Tesla and GT16 seem like direct competitors, really the only two wheels at that size and performance level. Saw the recent short video, the Tesla looks nicer than it does in the renders. A (side-mounted) trolley handle is really a must on a heavy modern wheel, definitely an advantage for Gotway. Really too bad Segway couldn't engineer that into the Z series. Maybe they wanted to be able to sell it as an add-on. Also, the GT16 has some internal design, access and component issues which seem to limit its serviceability and perhaps reliability. Very interested to see a Tesla teardown and the components used. Hopefully bigger axle means heavier wiring to the motor. Mten3 seems to have bullet connectors and basically an MSuper V3 board. Hoping the Tesla (and the MSuper V4, which appears to be under testing) takes things up a notch throughout to responsibly support the higher speeds (56kph in the video).

2 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Add to that the fact it's technically illegal to ride on the roads, sidewalks, or pathways here, and you end up wondering whether it's wise to plunk just under two grand for a wheel ... You guys with better weather are much luckier.

Thanks, yes, indeed, we try to make the most of it. :) Our laws — at least pertaining to EUCs — seem more accommodating as well.

8 hours ago, who_the said:

Well said. Though, I haven't seen the GT16 1036wh model listed before. At that capacity, the Tesla and GT16 seem like direct competitors, really the only two wheels at that size and performance level. Saw the recent short video, the Tesla looks nicer than it does in the renders. A (side-mounted) trolley handle is really a must on a heavy modern wheel, definitely an advantage for Gotway. Really too bad Segway couldn't engineer that into the Z series. Maybe they wanted to be able to sell it as an add-on. Also, the GT16 has some internal design, access and component issues which seem to limit its serviceability and perhaps reliability. Very interested to see a Tesla teardown and the components used. Hopefully bigger axle means heavier wiring to the motor. Mten3 seems to have bullet connectors and basically an MSuper V3 board. Hoping the Tesla (and the MSuper V4, which appears to be under testing) takes things up a notch throughout to responsibly support the higher speeds (56kph in the video).

I can't say when exactly I may get a Tesla, but I did buy an Mten - I stupidly told myself that I'd have one wheel of each size. Since I don't own a 10" wheel I had to buy it B)

5 minutes ago, Chris Westland said:

Do you have any more information on the Gotway Tesla @Marty Backe?? ... the only hints I have about specs are from this site.  Google seems to just give me cars with some EUC ads...

Only what I've been seeing on Facebook. And @Rehab1 posted a short video of someone riding one, on the forum. Can't remember the topic just this second.

• 2 weeks later...

If I had an unlimited budget, I would easily go for the RW GT16 1036Wh. It would mean I could go at higher speeds for longer without worrying about voltage.

OTOH, my new shell arrives tomorrow (probably), when I replace my old one, the only parts left from my original EUC are the pedals and batteries :D

I may still be stuck at 859Wh, but I will have a brand-spanking-new-looking GT16.

Blue, this time...

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Francesco Finqui Tuttobene said:

Does the weight the same of 848wh version? How many kilometers can it do with a full charge?

Should be about the same weight as it is the same number of cells, just cells with a higher mAh-rating.

On 2017/9/13 at 12:22 PM, Francesco Finqui Tuttobene said:

Does the weight the same of 848wh version? How many kilometers can it do with a full charge?

It maybe the same as 858wh for just power had lift up,it's cruising ability certaintly go up .

858WH is60-80,1036 maybe up to 80-120

49 minutes ago, Francesco Finqui Tuttobene said:

IS it possibile TO use charger of inmotion v8 TO charge rockwheel gt16?

Otherwise, do you have a link where to buy a second one charger fot RW?

No. Even though they are both 84V wheels, the V8 uses a smaller four-pin charger (GX12-4), while the Rockwheel GT16 uses a larger three-pin charging port (GX16-3). The 84v Gotway wheels use a four-pin GX16-4.

"Rockwheel Store" on AliExpress has a couple of GT16 chargers available.

2 hours ago, Francesco Finqui Tuttobene said:

Other question: if I buy RW gt16 1036wh, is it automatically version no 2?

The non-cosmetic differences between v1 and v2 are mainly control board, connectors and wires. So yeah, the 1036Wh version should all be v2.

On 2017/9/17 at 2:24 PM, Francesco Finqui Tuttobene said:

IS it possibile TO use charger of inmotion v8 TO charge rockwheel gt16?

Otherwise, do you have a link where to buy a second one charger fot RW?

On 2017/9/13 at 12:22 PM, Francesco Finqui Tuttobene said:

120KG as mention,60-80km,It accordings to your speed and highway condition ,weight ect..

On 2017/9/17 at 4:40 PM, Scatcat said:

The non-cosmetic differences between v1 and v2 are mainly control board, connectors and wires. So yeah, the 1036Wh version should all be v2.

V2 that is to say it's better than former model before August.V2 had resived and upgrade.You can ride more stable and safety.

Archived