batman ninebot

novazeus

That might work.  Looks like there is a similar InMotion V5F handle that works with the Ninebot.

a1_trolley_bar5.jpg

Someone should make custom wheel slip on covers made of neoprene for all the different wheels out there.  They would make a killing as people are always dropping these.  It makes sense to ride around with a protective wheel cover on to avoid scuffs.

Thin, tough, plastic pedal bottom attachable scuff guards would be nice too.  Why don't EUC makers put on replaceable polyurethane scuff strips like you see on the bottoms of skateboards?  

exactly, wetsuit material padded would be great. now that i've had a chance to examine these up close, i'm surprised they aren't outlawed everywhere. they are hard, dense devices that could hit a pedestrian or child. if it hasn't happed, it will and just like skateboards, banished. these protective covers could soften the impact to you or a bystander.

my ugliest batman entrant. one side down, love on Bob, one side to go. laminated thd whole thing in hd clear packing tape, then foam pipe insulation and duct tape. i figure it should protect itself and protect me and others from it.

IMG_4657.JPG

22 hours ago, novazeus said:

my ugliest batman entrant. one side down, love on Bob, one side to go. laminated thd whole thing in hd clear packing tape, then foam pipe insulation and duct tape. i figure it should protect itself and protect me and others from it.

IMG_4657.JPG

OK now I understand.  I agree nice protective covers for each model would be great.  Your DIY version looks a bit like the Mad-Max device :)  I Like the use of pipe foam insulation as the baby bumper stuff just is not appealing and tears pretty easily in crashes I've found.  Your's looks like it will take a few hits. 

:blink:  Too late now I guess, but how are you going to get all that tape off?  I used the packing tape to wrap around the outside of two pieces of carpet underlay, and it held on pretty well for the amount of time it was on.  Quick and dirty.

With the Florida heat I'd be worried about the tape melting and leaving sticky residue on the plastic that's hard to remove.

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love yeah, i thought about that but this gonna be my pure trainer wheel for awhile. might be training others too, so i'm preparing for the worst, hoping for the best. there might come a day i feel like stripping it, and i figure alcohol will probably cut the adhesive. i think the packing tape will hold it together. this wheel doesn't seem as sturdy as the ks-16s. i'm wrapping it differently. i'm predicting the ks-16s will be my favorite.

IMG_4667.JPG

1 hour ago, novazeus said:

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love yeah, i thought about that but this gonna be my pure trainer wheel for awhile. might be training others too, so i'm preparing for the worst, hoping for the best. there might come a day i feel like stripping it, and i figure alcohol will probably cut the adhesive. i think the packing tape will hold it together. this wheel doesn't seem as sturdy as the ks-16s. i'm wrapping it differently. i'm predicting the ks-16s will be my favorite.

Gaffers Tape is as strong as Duct Tape but leaves zero residue. Extremely expensive though. Fortunately Scotch makes a No-Residue Duct Tape that is very inexpensive. From my experience it's a great substitute for Duct Tape. It costs ~$8 for roll and is available from Home Depot, Walmart, and others. Highly recommended.

Amazon Link

511SObVaE3L._SX425_.jpg

i'm thinking about a jet ski vest, or i've got a couple of closed foam vinyl covered pool floats. it would be great to have a nice foam boot to slip over these. it would make them much safer for everybody. 

me? yeah, we ain't texas but it has been storming here too. i guess with the 9bot u gotta do their little tutorial, like batman needs a tutorial. i gotta theory, i'll do better not worrying about the wheel on a step off or fall off, being all protected. the 9bot doesn't have nifty hand holds on the pedals like kingsong, so already nicked my thumb a little trying to lay it down using the tire. that plastic could kill u.

@steve454 yeah the o'brien piece is 1.25" thick, 87x24". probably enough for two condoms, ks18s magnum and ks-16s try harder. for $50, i'll order it. i think with a big needle, some monofilament, maybe glue and might get fancy with some stay in place velcro.

On ‎28‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 0:06 AM, steve454 said:

@Jean (nhut) used the top half of a wetsuit for padding, got any old wetsuits @novazeus?   That blue O'brien material looks pretty good, though.  Probably thicker and more cushion.

Here is the protection used. We are very much used this garment to protect our wheels. It's a wheeler that found and we all did the same. https://www.decathlon.fr/top-souris-neoprene-25mm-id_8242306.html?LGWCODE=1617305;11737;809&utm_source=google_shopping&utm_term=Combinaison de plongée Homme Top MODULAR 2.5mm&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=ecommerce_shopbot&utm_source=google_shopping&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=.&utm_campaign=PLA-All&utm_content=sMTd6RWyT_dc|pcrid||pkw||pmt||pid|1617305&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIob7r8b-N1gIVwbDtCh1hQwecEAYYASABEgLjKvD_BwE

Archived