Personal Light Electric Vehicle regulations (PLEV)

cloudust

We've had this discussion before. Bad regulation is worse than no regulation, because nobody is going to care about non-PLEV vehicles (such as non-boring, actually useful EUCs) once PLEV is there. PLEV will be the perfect excuse to copy it into local law and that they "already did something" and "why don't you just ride a PLEV, what do you want, we allowed small electric vehicles?", to sabotage, delay and ban actually useful small electric vehicles while seemingly allowing them.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

And No, it is not what states can do or can not do! Like -for example- the "Mobhv" it declares and specifies exactly what an EUC must be able to And how fast it can be to get it "under PLEV" and to be allowed

Sure, what constitutes an EUC in the sense of the PLEV is precisely defined in the text. The point is how this European law is applied within the EU. To my understanding, states are obliged to make EUCs in the sense of the PLEV legal to operate in public. States are free to broaden the law, i.e. put less constraints on what an EUC constitutes, i.e. legalize more or other devices just as well. States are not free to make EUCs as defined in the PLEV illegal. That's to my understanding the point of the PLEV. It guarantees manufacturers that they can sell PLEV certified devices in all Europe and that their customers can legally operate them. It doesn't make everything which is not PLEV certified illegal by default.

37 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Good that you have counted also those where the speed has to be under 6 or 20 kmh or moving at walking pace.... Top :-)

Which countries are you referring to, where EUCs can only be operated at or under 6km/h? I didn't count Germany, where this is indeed the case. I guess that's pretty much the case in each country of Europe. And sure, I counted Belgium where the speed limit at the time was 18km/h, but it seems that this is likely to change to a larger figure.

I entirely agree with you if your point is that EUCs which go faster than 30km/h and neither need a permit nor a registration will not become legal in Europe. Though that depresses me not even a little bit.

23 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

We've had this discussion before. Bad regulation is worse than no regulation, because nobody is going to care about non-PLEV vehicles (such as non-boring, actually useful EUCs) once PLEV is there. PLEV will be the perfect excuse to copy it into local law and that they "already did something" and "why don't you just ride a PLEV, what do you want, we allowed small electric vehicles?", to sabotage, delay and ban actually useful small electric vehicles while seemingly allowing them.

Yes - this seems to be the way all the anti effective electric personal transport (aeept)  people/lobbyists are going for ... The situation has not yet become like the aforementioned German MOFA* just because the there are so few users. As they become seen more often the preasure to make it less usefull will rise. I do not expect anything but the worst from german parliamentarians ... 

*The German MOFA. 
Basicly a motorcycle that has a max speed of about 25 KM/H (15.5 mph) ...

Now because of regulations you still have to this very day have to have always a full motorcycle helmet and a driving licence (for which you had to pay) and an insurance policy + numberplate for your MOFA with you when ever you drive one of those things... talk about over regulation ... at the same time any good bicycle can do the same speed and faster without any of the regulations ... (those MOFA weigh about 50-60  Kg or 100-120 pounds btw)

On 8/19/2017 at 6:40 AM, Marty Backe said:

I think if Yoshi had a tether on his ACM it wouldn't have ended up on the bottom of the river bed, in flames :o

Hey @YoshiSkySun...

I found a replacement wheel for your ACM!

I think you'll like the look of it?

830bc773b64a029f000c033bb5e489b2.jpg

48 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Hey @YoshiSkySun...

I found a replacement wheel for your ACM!

I think you'll like the look of it?

830bc773b64a029f000c033bb5e489b2.jpg

Ouch. That's cruel :mellow: 

1 minute ago, YoshiSkySun said:

Hahaha! @The Fat Unicyclist this series of unfortunate events will not hinder me from getting another Gotway ACM. I simply love the speed and power that this little monster possess.

I glad that your traumatic memory is already starting to fade ;)

Hm. Do not Forget!

When ever you leave your House you could stumble!

Therefore Take precautions!!

Use a personal SAFETY cage!

Today! 

Buy them before they become mandatory ...

We are working on Rules and Regulations right now ...

For Your Safety!

sharkcagecouple.jpg

11 minutes ago, Roland said:

Hm. Do not Forget!

Today! 

For Your Safety!

sharkcagecouple.jpg

The beach is the safest place to fall.  Everyone has to live at the beach with a personal cage.:lol:

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Too soon dude, too soon.  :facepalm:  Speaking of soon, how soon are ya gonna post up the Singapore Wheelies ride video?  :w00t2:  And when is your NZ KingSong distribution company firing up?

@YoshiSkySun Sorry! I had to join the party!:lol:

35869085573_1dfe68bf53_b.jpg

@Rehab1 That's a good one...you know what they say, "humor is the best form of medicine." All these comments are too funny. Thanks for lightening the mood, I'm starting to feel a bit better now...I should be walking in 2-3 weeks and hopefully back on the uni within that timeframe.

2 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Too soon dude, too soon.  :facepalm:  Speaking of soon, how soon are ya gonna post up the Singapore Wheelies ride video?  :w00t2:  

Unfortunatell there is no Wheelies video, though that is probably a good thing - those guys are so good, they would make me look like a learner.

But I had the chance to try a few more wheels - just not the KS-18S.

I also met Thomas (Wee Hwang) Hoon and his team, and learned about the upcoming KS-18L...

23 minutes ago, YoshiSkySun said:

Rehab1 That's a good one...you know what they say, "humor is the best form of medicine." All these comments are too funny. Thanks for lightening the mood, I'm starting to feel a bit better now...I should be walking in 2-3 weeks and hopefully back on the uni within that timeframe.

You are a good sport! Best wishes on your recovery! Are you purchasing another wheel from @Jason McNeil?

Members have come together before and offered their assistance to a member in the past. This sounds like another good cause. I will gladly contribute.

1 hour ago, Roland said:

Hm. Do not Forget!

Today! 

For Your Safety!

sharkcagecouple.jpg

1 hour ago, steve454 said:

The beach is the safest place to fall.  Everyone has to live at the beach with a personal cage.:lol:

The beaches were safe. That is, until @Sidestreet Reny "compromised" them for all off us...

150100644770478.png.db66d9b9a951dec021ce

3 hours ago, YoshiSkySun said:

@Rehab1 The incident has not left me jaded...Yes, I do plan on purchasing another ACM from @Jason McNeil, I sent him an email regarding this matter. But first things first, I'm currently shopping for protection gears, don't wanna make the same mistake twice.

5 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Unfortunatell there is no Wheelies video, though that is probably a good thing - those guys are so good, they would make me look like a learner.

But I had the chance to try a few more wheels - just not the KS-18S.

I also met Thomas (Wee Hwang) Hoon and his team, and learned about the upcoming KS-18L...

Could you please elaborate???

8 hours ago, Roland said:

Hm. Do not Forget!

Today! 

For Your Safety!

sharkcagecouple.jpg

You could get sun burn. Better put a blanket over that cage!

8 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Seriously, you mention things like this in a half sentence in some unrelated thread?

GIVE ALL THE INFO YOU HAVE, NOW thx:dribble:

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Seriously, you mention things like this in a half sentence in some unrelated thread?

GIVE ALL THE INFO YOU HAVE, NOW thx:dribble:

And at @Marty Backe:

With the KS18L he is referring to the 18S in a case/shell, which will be Ks16/14d style.

We have seen the prototype fotos (which where quite ugly at that early point of stadium), and as far as i know, it has the same max batterie capacity of 1680wh... Thomas Hoon as Singapur distributer is relativly good informed. But:

Even in Beginn of Mai i was advised by my Thai friends (trough Thomas)not to buy the "old type" 18S....as the short version "will come out soon"...good that i didn't take the wait :-)

Soon is relative for Kingsong...Thinking about how many components like shell, lights, leds, all small plastic parts have to be mass produced...i doubt we will see it before end of the year or earliest october.

And btw. How did Kingsong get to that intuitive name of Ks18L? :-)

Archived