What to buy? My 8-year old want to go faster.

Karlo

So, my 8-year old son has enjoyed the Airwheel X8 for a year. For his upcoming birtday he wants something that goes faster. 

Considering that he only weighs 30kg I wonder what to get? 

Is a MCM4 totally overkill? 

How about an inmotion v5f+ or even just a ninebot e+. Both can be found for great prices at the mo.

8 is extremely young.....so perhaps the priority should be something where the biggest improvements are in the areas of reliability and sophistication/refinement, as opposed to huge speed jumps. 

3 minutes ago, Paddylaz said:

How about an inmotion v5f+ or even just a ninebot e+. Both ca  be found for great prices at the mo.

8 is extremely young.....so perhaps the priority should be something where the biggest improvements are in the areas of  reliability and sophistication/refinement, as opposed to huge speed jumps. 

Thanks for the tip. 

If he wants to go faster, I will get a wheel that goes faster. Otherwise, he can role on the X8. I serves its purposes. 

1 hour ago, Karlo said:

So, my 8-year old son has enjoyed the Airwheel X8 for a year. For his upcoming birtday he wants something that goes faster.

Well, that's simple.

Lamborghini Huracan (and if Dad behaves well, he may also ride it, once a month or so): :)

special.png.88eefc056854f5a7332fc4de498c6f3d.png

But to stay serious:  A V5f+ or a KS14 would be a good wheel for him.

The V5f+ is lighter and maybe a little bit easier to handle, the KS14 has longer range and is faster.

I don't like Gotways any more, therefore I don't say anything about the MCM4.

48 minutes ago, Gimlet said:

With the latest Tesla 0->60mph time down to 2.3 seconds I would stick to electric and save the expense and hassle of the Lambo with all its servicing and running costs! :)

Not bad ideas. But what happens if 2.3 seconds becomes too slow for you once you become more experienced? You need to start off with something that will be fast enough for at least 4-5 years. You know, something you can steadily grow into.

Lockheed_SR-71_Blackbird.jpg

47 minutes ago, Paddylaz said:

You need to start off with something that will be fast enough for at least 4-5 years.

I was thinking 8 year old with a need for speed, surely the goal has got to be:

IMG_0346.JPG

P.S. VIrtually anything is faster than an Airwheel - its own company reps have stated on this forum that it's key safety feature is that it's top speed is designed to ensure you don't hurt yourself when you fall off.

9 hours ago, Gimlet said:

With the latest Tesla 0->60mph time down to 2.3 seconds I would stick to electric and save the expense and hassle of the Lambo with all its servicing and running costs! :)

I agree only partially.

If you want to stay  electric and have a supercar (what I would also do if I could spare 900,000 bucks), I would definitely take the Rimac CS (1384 hp, 365 km/h, 4wheel drive, front 500 KW peak, back 600 KW peak): :)

http://www.rimac-automobili.com/en/supercars/concept_s/

15 hours ago, Karlo said:

Considering that he only weighs 30kg I wonder what to get? 

Is a MCM4 totally overkill? 

Kingsong KS14.  Get the older version.  Can be had pretty cheap and are reliable.  The downside on the older one is the strength of the axle, but that should not be an issue for an 8 year old.  

• 1 month later...

Archived