Padawan seeking Unicycle Masters Advice

JD Scott

I guess it is quite difficult to manage a EUC resale job on the side as then you would also have to deal with customer problems.   Too bad the larger players don't offer some sort of commision sales credit towards a new wheel discount.

Say for example, Jason or Dion or whoever were to ship you some business cards with a code for a small discount when the person you give the card to purchases a wheel online.  For each 10 wheels referred to them that they sell, they could give you say a wholesale price and exclusive first dibs on new products coming out.  For the amount of exposure and advertising you are giving when riding and through your videos, they really should be signing you on.  Or they could even just ship you the latest model on a demo basis to ride until the next model is out and then have you swap the rides out.  That way you get to ride a new wheel ever so often, and they can resale the old wheel at a discount or use it as a demo/loaner.

They could maybe sponsor local events like new rider lessons, group rides, e-ride demo days, etc.  People are seeing you ride and are interested, but they don't know where to buy the wheels and whether they are difficult to ride.

That way you don't need to deal with customer service issues and direct  sales.  What better mobile sales force is there than the hardcore riders who put thousands of miles on these wheels?  For such a unique method of transportation, I think resellers need to think outside of the box and branch out more through various ways of introducing these wheels to the public.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I guess it is quite difficult to manage a EUC resale job on the side as then you would also have to deal with customer problems.   Too bad the larger players don't offer some sort of commision sales credit towards a new wheel discount.

Say for example, Jason or Dion or whoever were to ship you some business cards with a code for a small discount when the person you give the card to purchases a wheel online.  For each 10 wheels referred to them that they sell, they could give you say a wholesale price and exclusive first dibs on new products coming out.  For the amount of exposure and advertising you are giving when riding and through your videos, they really should be signing you on.

They could maybe sponsor local events like new rider lessons, group rides, e-ride demo days, etc.  People are seeing you ride and are interested, but they don't know where to buy the wheels and whether they are difficult to ride.

That way you don't need to deal with customer service issues and direct  sales.  What better mobile sales force is there than the hardcore riders who put thousands of miles on these wheels?

I know Jason has a referral process in place. Frankly I'm just not interested. There's a point in life where all of your needs are met, and then some, and time becomes more important than money. That's where I am. I'm less than 5 years from retirement and money is much less consequential to me than say 20 or 30 years ago.

It's a good place to be :thumbup:

Yeah I totally understand that and know where you're coming from.  I just thought it would be a good way to further your interests in the hobby by spreading the word and building the community while enjoying new wheel models as they come out without needing to justify purchases at full retail pricing.  You would also have an insider's ear and first dibs on new products.

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Yeah I totally understand that and know where you're coming from.  I just thought it would be a good way to further your interests in the hobby by spreading the word and building the community while enjoying new wheel models as they come out without needing to justify purchases at full retail pricing.  You would also have an insider's ear and first dibs on new products.

Don't get me wrong - I still want a free wheel for promotion :dribble:

11 hours ago, JD Scott said:

Mine was test ridden and firmware updated 7/17/2017. And no it's an unbelievable deal. They are sponsoring Tishawn Fahie on YouTube. He's getting the first Tesla in the US. Yeah I'm still waiting for my safety gear to get here tomorrow haha. And I still need to realign it. But he paid me 200 basically to fix it myself so I'm down with that. Probably throw on some 7 dwarves, roll up the sleeves, and start doing some screwdrivering. Definitely a word. 

I've never met Tishawn, he seems like a good guy.  His reviews are always awesome.  The only thing I don't like is sponsoring someone who's not really an avid user of safety gear.  If sponsored I'd like to see him wearing at least a helmet in the promotional videos.  Might give some newbies the wrong impression....................

4 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

@JD Scott 650 for a new ACM 1300, even with a bit of damage - not bad! Good production date too!

@Acturbo Your production date should be far enough after the oscillation thing, so you're good! Get better soon, so you can try the thing:)

Thanks Meep.  Stupid large bump took me off the pedals and I couldn't find them again so I found the asphalt instead.  My first higher speed crash.  Not looking forward to any more..................... 

47 minutes ago, Acturbo said:

I've never met Tishawn, he seems like a good guy.  His reviews are always awesome.  The only thing I don't like is sponsoring someone who's not really an avid user of safety gear.  If sponsored I'd like to see him wearing at least a helmet in the promotional videos.  Might give some newbies the wrong impression....................

I had these thoughts too. New, untested Gotway high speed wheel + no-helmet-Tishawn = :efee96588e:

3 hours ago, Acturbo said:

Yeah the guy actually told me not to follow suit regarding the safety gear. But who knows, maybe the fedora is actually a fedora shaped custom helmet ?

Archived