• Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

V1 = 6 MOSFET version

V2 = 12 MOSFET version

V2s = 84v 1300wh version
V2s+ = 84v 1600wh version

Where did you see a V3/V3+ ACM?

Thanks for this tidbit. I had no idea what was considered post v2. 

2 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/simon9625/m.html?item=292218439577

You can search for the item number in the search bar on eBay just like any other descriptive term.  If it doesn't appear, you can go into the advanced search to find completed items.  From there you can find the seller and the other items for sale.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gotway-ACM-1300Wh-84V-v2-30-mph-3000-Watts-peak-last-one-at-Sale-Price-/292218439577

Although the seller has 100% feedback, all of them appear to be for small ticket items from over a year ago.  It's a little suspicious that this seller would be selling more expensive items  all of a sudden, but it could very well be that they got into EUC sales or drop shipping?  I don't know if those prices are reasonable for V2 models, but I'd be cautious to watch delivery times and review eBay's buyer guarantee details.

EDIT:  Searching further, it might be legit as the seller has a gotwayamerica.com photo, and he is registered in Talihina, Oklahoma.  Pricing is also identical to the website.

https://www.gotwayamerica.com/contact

He said he started a month ago. I'm hoping I got a stellar deal. I will be sure to update. I think I will even make a video of my first EUC ride. If it's just a shell stuffed with a bundle of cats you too can experience profound disappointment with me. But lots of people like cats so I'd probably sell them, get my money from ebay, and get a different one I have my eye on. All about the making of lemonade. 

35 minutes ago, JD Scott said:

He said he started a month ago. I'm hoping I got a stellar deal. I will be sure to update. I think I will even make a video of my first EUC ride. If it's just a shell stuffed with a bundle of cats you too can experience profound disappointment with me. But lots of people like cats so I'd probably sell them, get my money from ebay, and get a different one I have my eye on. All about the making of lemonade. 

I made him an offer and was declined.  He did say the one he sold you had the updated firmware and the new ones he got are brand new off the boat from China.  So that does sound promising.  Hopefully all goes well.  

3 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

EDIT:  Searching further, it might be legit as the seller has a gotwayamerica.com photo, and he is registered in Talihina, Oklahoma.  Pricing is also identical to the webs

Your detective skills come through again! :clap3: So glad you are no longer spying through my bedroom window.

35830732473_b43defcfa7.jpg

:whistling: Who said I stopped?  :innocent1:  Wow that was quick.  That ACM got sold for the full price, but the seller has listed another one.  It looks like once the Gotway Tesla hits the market, prices might end up falling for their other wheels.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gotway-ACM-1300Wh-84V-v2-30-mph-3000-Watts-peak-/292218699696

6 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:whistling: Who said I stopped?  :innocent1:  Wow that was quick.  That ACM got sold for the full price, but the seller has listed another one.  It looks like once the Gotway Tesla hits the market, prices might end up falling for their other wheels.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gotway-ACM-1300Wh-84V-v2-30-mph-3000-Watts-peak-/292218699696

It didn't sell for full price.  I made him an offer and we went back and forth and agreed on a price.  Thanks so much for making this thread and costing me money lol.  

In less than 2 weeks I bought an ACM and an MSuper.  I'm done for a while..............................

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Oh, I thought there was an ACM V3 (not sure)?  Is the V2 the most current one?  Maybe I'm thinking about the MSuper models... I don't keep a close track on all the different models in a lineup.

I'mSoConfused.jpg

8 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Darn eBay doesn't show the selling price hey?  Do you mind telling others how much the seller is willing to sell for as that might help others who are interested.  I'm guessing maybe $1000?  It looks like the one $884.25 ended and was relisted.406690_gotway_acm.jpg

Said he only had 3 available and I paid $1099.  No where near as good as $890 but $300 less than I can get it for elsewhere.  Will see what happens.  I feel confident because it was purchased on Ebay.  If not as advertised I can always get a refund.  

Have I mentioned I'm done buying for quite some time?

8 minutes ago, Acturbo said:

Said he only had 3 available and I paid $1099.  No where near as good as $890 but $300 less than I can get it for elsewhere.  Will see what happens.  I feel confident because it was purchased on Ebay.  If not as advertised I can always get a refund.  

Sure you are :whistling:

2 hours ago, Acturbo said:

I made him an offer and was declined.  He did say the one he sold you had the updated firmware and the new ones he got are brand new off the boat from China.  So that does sound promising.  Hopefully all goes well.  

Sweet good to know. I didn't know enough to ask! 

1 hour ago, Acturbo said:

It didn't sell for full price.  I made him an offer and we went back and forth and agreed on a price.  Thanks so much for making this thread and costing me money lol.  

In less than 2 weeks I bought an ACM and an MSuper.  I'm done for a while..............................

Haha you are truly welcome your royal brokeness. I love finding deals. It's a problem. 

2 hours ago, Acturbo said:

That's the problem, trying for the refund.  E bay is like the stock market, sometimes you win big, sometimes....

36 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Not me, first you have to have an account.  That's a deal breaker right there.  Then you have to haggle.  Nope.  

It's pretty easy to sign up for an eBay account plus if you click through Ebates or maybe Fatwallet you can get cashback.  Haggling is as simple as entering what you want to pay and clicking send offer.  They can decline or counter, and you can too.  How do you not use eBay?  :blink:

There's tons of well priced items, and they got buyer protection so you're golden.  I guess you could always call Gotwayamerica directly and see if you can cut a deal as it would save them eBay fees.

5 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

It's pretty easy to sign up for an eBay account plus if you click through Ebates or maybe Fatwallet you can get cashback.  Haggling is as simple as entering what you want to pay and clicking send offer.  They can decline or counter, and you can too.  How do you not use eBay?  :blink:

There's tons of well priced items, and they got buyer protection so you're golden.  I guess you could always call Gotwayamerica directly and see if you can cut a deal as it would save them eBay fees.

You don't do Facebook right? I'm not picking on you (:whistling:), but using that as an example of how people have all kinds of reasons for not using various elements of the Internet. I'm open to using most everything, but even I have my limits (not wanting to send copies of financial documentation to Chinese companies).

I happen to love EBay, second only to Amazon :thumbup:

Fair enough.  :ph34r:  Facebook?  What's that?  :ph34r:  But you can't buy loads of cheap items on Facebook!  Plus I've saved so much getting many spare parts and items  that I couldn't live without it.  It's like an international garage sale.  You can also make loads of money selling stuff off.  I pocketed $2000 selling off some junk I never use and bought some other more useful items with the cash.

I've been scammed a few times by broken items arriving, but the protection policy usually works.  Now they even cover return shipping costs which is a bonus.

On 8/17/2017 at 7:57 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

For the commute/portability thing, how about a (maybe lighter) wheel with a retractable trolley handle? (aka Kingsong 14D/S or 16) ACM is quite bulky and no fun to carry/move but not ride. There's an (ugly) optional trolley attachment for it, though.

Just for the record... I'm 6'3" as well, and I find that a lot of the trolley handles are too short to be practical. This is particularly true for the smaller 14" wheels, but even the KS-16 and MSuper are just a little too low to be comfortable for regular use. 

1 hour ago, steve454 said:

I use Amazon, for the few online purchases I make.  I probably will use eBay eventually.

Well maybe it's for the best as you end up spending a lot of money and buying some items you might not need in the first place.  :innocent1:  A good sniping service is Gixen.  I think I've spent over $40,000 on eBay items over the years, some for business and some personal.

Archived