Msuper v3s setup questions

Hi, I had few questions on Msuper setup. First, there's no documentation on what speeds the alarm settings kick in, does anybody know the values. Also, what is most common setting for alarm and tiltback do you use.

Second, I think I've seen people reverse pedals on Msuper, is that something recommended ?

Last, I've seen removing side covers and replacing with something thinner. This makes sense however is the thick pad needed to protect the case if falling.

It takes a lot of tweaks to make EUC work good for you, I would be interested if some of you made additional customizations for Msuper v3s+ When you got it. Thanks.

46 minutes ago, Adel said:

Hi, I had few questions on Msuper setup. First, there's no documentation on what speeds the alarm settings kick in, does anybody know the values. Also, what is most common setting for alarm and tiltback do you use.

No idea on the numbers. Surely @Marty Backe knows. You can also do a lift test to find out: use an app to view the speed (e.g. wheellog, Gotway app), and then lift and tilt the wheel and see when 2 beeps (1st speed alarm) and 3 beeps (2nd speed alarm) appear.

I recommend keeping the standard alarms, maybe disabling or changing the first (lowest) speed alarm if it's too slow for you, and have the tiltback higher than the second alarm (so you never see it unexpectedly). Some wheels had tiltback configured at 25 km/h from factory, then you need to increase it, otherwise it hits before any alarms come which is not ideal.

Second, I think I've seen people reverse pedals on Msuper, is that something recommended ?

Ride on the wheel in reverse, and you see if you like it better.

Last, I've seen removing side covers and replacing with something thinner. This makes sense however is the thick pad needed to protect the case if falling.

The side cushions have no impact on protection of the wheel when falling. They're just not where the wheel would hit something. Wheel gets damaged on the exposed corners and, if it falls forward, on the forward top corner mostly. So you can completely remove the cushions, replace them with something else, whatever, as you like.

But you can get used to them, if they just seem to wide now, you might wait a bit. The side cushions can be removed without damaging them if you're carefull, then you could put them back on later, no problems.

2 hours ago, Adel said:

It takes a lot of tweaks to make EUC work good for you, I would be interested if some of you made additional customizations for Msuper v3s+ When you got it. Thanks.

I can't remember the alarm speeds because I don't use them. I always disable the first two alarms. I turn tilt-back off. I never ignore the 80% alarm, which you can't turn off. Since the Gotway wheels are so fast and I always ride under 22mph, I never hear the 80% alarm unless I'm down to 15% battery (which is rare).

As @meepmeepmayer suggests, ride the wheel backwards to see if you prefer the pedals reversed. I don't.

2 hours ago, Adel said:

Look up @SuperSport go to one of his posts, at the bottom of any of his posts will be a list of links.  He has a link to a lot of modifications he has done on his Msuper v3s+  

11 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

V3s = 84V 1300Wh

My 84V ACM has 30/35 km/h first/second alarm and the msuper V3 won't be slower.

yip!

i dont know 1/2. alarm on v3s....just that the third is around 50kmh....

The speed alarm for my v3s+ is 30/35/57 kph. I think the 3rd alarm for all GW 84V versions is totally useless because it is too dangerous to ride at that speed. 

For beginners, I suggest to set no alarm off, and for experienced riders to set the first alarm off because 35 is already very fast.

Another useful setting for me is the 50A over current warning on Wheellog(3rd party app for Android), plus 40kph vibrate on my phone.

Setting the tilt-back is only useful at very noisy environment where you cannot here the audio alarm, or somewhere you don't want to make sound.

Archived