Schwinn 16' Innertube Work Well with the V8

Eric Fu

I recently got a flat on my V8 and while shopping for patches, I noticed that Schwinn produced a self sealing tire that had the same dimensions as the V8. 

https://www.target.com/p/schwinn-16-bike-tire-tube/-/A-16678963

I figured why not and bought one just in case. It replaced very well and my V8 is once again great after 5.99+tax and hard labor. Valve is unobstrutive. Much better than waiting for a Kenda Innertube for a few days and having to walk to work.

Moral of the story is that standard valves still work well for a unicycle and there is no need to fret if you bust a tire. I can post pictures if you want.

Nice! Yes, please post pics.

Is the valve just short then? Usually bicycle inner tubes stick out too much perpendicular to the the tire plane and catch on a shell, etc, for sub 18" EUCs, so valve bend needs to be parallel to the tire plane.

Sorry for the late reply. The valve is a little short, but I find it easier to pump with a hand pump. If you don't pump the tire up fully it is not very pleasant. I tripped over a pothole while turning right. However if you pump it fully it is JUST AS GOOD as the original inner tube. I was able to maintain max speeds without feeling uncomfortable.

20800147_671617159710302_7726263466783518044_n.jpg

Archived