Review criteria

RichieV

I was thinking about what makes a review useful to potential buyers of electric unicycles, so I came up with a list of criteria that I feel consumers are looking for.  I wonder if you would find it useful if reviewers would speak to how well the EUC they are reviewing measures up in each department:

• Ergonomics - How comfortable is it to ride.  Does it conform to your body or does it jab into your shins and ankles for a nice helping of bruisetastic goodness?
  • Weight/Portability - Lighter is better, obviously, but perhaps there are some mitigating features such as an extendable handle and wheels for trolley purposes.
  • Performance - speed, maneuverability, battery life, responsiveness, etc.
  • Safety - Will it dump you unexpectedly? Does it warn you if you're going too fast? Are there sharp, jagged edges which will tear you open?
  • Longevity/Durability/Ruggedness - Will it last more than a week of casual riding? Can it take a beating if you have to bail and let it crash into a burning brick wall?
  • Looks - Is it a sexy, sexy beast or would you be embarrassed to be seen in public with it?
  • Bells and whistles/Extras - Does it come with extra goodies like bluetooth, speakers, missile launcher, etc?
  • Price - Is it worth all that big cash money that you work hard for?

What do you think?  Are there other criteria which should be a factor in EUC reviews?

--Richard

I've been using a similar set criteria for eWheel evaluations. On something like 'Performance' sometimes individual metrics like range, speed & torque are cluster together but in other cases not. Take for instance the Solowheel XTreme, it has tons of torque but is electronically-control with a relatively low top speed of 18kph, should it take a low 'performance' score on account of this? 
IPS_121_Rating.thumb.png.d7150f0bff093df

Archived