Gotway Mten3 time limited promotions

54 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

FYI, when it's fully charged there will be 6 pulsing LED's (they slowly change color) in the front. When there are only two LEDs you are almost out of power. When the battery was so low that I couldn't ride the wheel there were still two LEDs glowing so I don't think only one ever appears.

confirm this. I think I saw just one light when my app was displaying below 10% power. At that time Mten3 was beeping almost constantly with minimal speed.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, trya said:

confirm this. I think I saw just one light when my app was displaying below 10% power. At that time Mten3 was beeping almost constantly with minimal speed.

I trust you. I only ran mine below 10% once and I don't recall the single LED. The battery level can fluctuate sometimes, so maybe it wasn't really under 10%.

The ACM, Monster, and MSuper use 5 LED's to give you the power, so I was a little surprised to see them use 6 on the Mten3. I wonder how many LEDs are used on the Tesla.

But regards to the Mten3, I think by the time you see 1 LED it's too late :huh:

@KingSong69 was right. Aliexpress price was what I paid to get my wheel. Pretty good deal :)

Just rode it for the first time. Wow, this will take a bit of time getting used to. Pretty nervous and you have to watch out for speed wobbles. Then again a quick glance on my phone learned me that I was riding it at the same speed as my Inmotion V8 already (25 km/h), so for a 6" smaller wheel that's pretty impressive. Turning is more complicated because you can "carve" a lot less than with a bigger wheel. I have to watch out for wobbles when going from riding to braking. If I were to brake as hard as I do on my V8 I will for sure faceplant at this point in time. 

This is not a beginners wheel for sure :) My 14" generic is a lot easier to get the hang of, and my V8 is a lot more stable for A to B riding.

Feels pretty solid though. What's nice is that the speed really comes without effort, and that it seems to take obstacles with a lot more ease than I expected (this will take some getting used to). I presume it's because of the power it has.

The padding on the side is pretty soft, but I never touch it with my legs, so it's only useful to park the wheel against something :) 

6 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

@KingSong69 was right. Aliexpress price was what I paid to get my wheel. Pretty good deal :)

Just rode it for the first time. Wow, this will take a bit of time getting used to. Pretty nervous and you have to watch out for speed wobbles. Then again a quick glance on my phone learned me that I was riding it at the same speed as my Inmotion V8 already (25 km/h), so for a 6" smaller wheel that's pretty impressive. Turning is more complicated because you can "carve" a lot less than with a bigger wheel. I have to watch out for wobbles when going from riding to braking. If I were to brake as hard as I do on my V8 I will for sure faceplant at this point in time. 

This is not a beginners wheel for sure :) My 14" generic is a lot easier to get the hang of, and my V8 is a lot more stable for A to B riding.

Feels pretty solid though. What's nice is that the speed really comes without effort, and that it seems to take obstacles with a lot more ease than I expected (this will take some getting used to). I presume it's because of the power it has.

The padding on the side is pretty soft, but I never touch it with my legs, so it's only useful to park the wheel against something :) 

I do agree that it's not a beginners wheel. But it doesn't take too long to fully adjust to it. When braking or accelerating I've never had the sense that I might faceplant. But I don't brake super hard.

4 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

@Marty Backe what tire pressure do you recommend?

Mid-30's. I think I started at ~45psi but it was way too squirrelly for me. Now that I'm used to the wheel I should try 45 again.

Low pressure has a huge advantage on this wheel if you have to go over sand or small loose gravel - I was amazed that I could cross the gravel areas when the wheel gets into the gravel up to the rim! The disadvantage is the increased power consumption, as to maneuverability - it is good enough even with the low pressure.

17 minutes ago, edwin_rm said:

It is written on the wheel, to use 30 psi.

It does, but it also says that it's a tubeless tire. Given that the Mten3 has a tube I think it's safe to run at higher pressures.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got the chance to ride it a second time since I bought it.

Boy, I can understand the "need" for a Gotway euc. This thing pulls, compared to my V8. Pretty sure I am going faster on it than on the V8. It's addictive. It also feels a lot more stable than on my first ride around the village. I just keep accelerating and braking.

Took quite a few obstacles. Mind is confused since I am used to the fact that a smaller wheel has issues with those (my 14" crap wheel ...), but this 10" just takes 'em all without any hesitation, whether you ride on something, from something or through something. 

What's so cool is you can go really fast yet when you slow down you can run circles on a dime. It's very polyvalent.

The only thing that is a lot harder imo is riding with one foot, as the euc is a lot lower and touches your leg lower than a bigger model. Didn't manage to lift a foot yet.

Riding backwards is interesting. Takes more care not to launch yourself backwards at ridiculous speeds since the device is so much faster than the one I used to train backwards riding on. I'm still not good enough at it but I don't think I will train on something else than the mten3.

If you don't have one, get one :thumbup:

Archived