Gotway Mten3 time limited promotions

On 8/15/2017 at 2:54 PM, Marty Backe said:

I just tried to buy it from AliExpress but then they wanted a copy of my Drivers License and a recent bank statement. What the ...

Guess I won't be buying an Mten

As we discussed they do accept Paypal! Just ask them to perform the transaction in that manner.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

This is why you have an agent.  :rolleyes:  I also do passports, birth certificates, medical licenses, you name it.  :whistling:  Will there be anything else, Mr. Backe?

990547_calicensei3.jpg

333849_bankstatementeg.jpg

@Marty Backe is only 125 Pounds! He must have photo shopped his massive arms in other videos. My wife will be disappointed.

21 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

This is why you have an agent.  :rolleyes:  I also do passports, birth certificates, medical licenses, you name it.  :whistling:  Will there be anything else, Mr. Backe?

990547_calicensei3.jpg

333849_bankstatementeg.jpg

Looks like you have the makings for a second career :D

If I had given up on trying to buy from this seller (I'm using PayPal instead) I would have submitted these for kicks :thumbup:

31 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Great video! Heck I'm now more interest in your beautiful stone wall!

Regretably the old boy who built it for me is now dead I'm afraid, he was a real craftsman which is very rare nowadays.

The bit to the right of the garage was an extra bit of excavation the digger made to position itself to dig out the footings for the garage foundations, rather than fill it back in we built in an underground room for oil tanks, two 3,600 litre ones for heating oil and diesel road fuel and a smaller 1,000 litre one for red agricultural diesel. 

It can be accessed through the 6' x 4' dog kennel that we put in to space the oil storage away from the garage.

I built it all 25 years ago after winning a five year fight with the planners. :)

5 hours ago, Gimlet said:

I built it all 25 years ago after winning a five year fight with the planners. :)

It is beautiful!

5 year fight? Governmental or architect issues? 

Local government. I'm on the edge of the Cotswold area of outstanding natural beauty, (ANOB).

THEY don't even let you put up a garden shed larger than 6 cubic meters external dimensions without permission!

On 15.8.2017 at 8:54 PM, Marty Backe said:

I just tried to buy it from AliExpress but then they wanted a copy of my Drivers License and a recent bank statement. What the ...

Guess I won't be buying an Mten

That is Just a Protection for you...

Ali (and other serious china sellers) try to sort out credit card scamers...and so just want to know if there is a "real person" behind this dates/values..

So it is a common practice, and the companys doing this can be praised as they try to protect their members!

Bit other than that you can also contact the seller and do the business with him on paypal....same protections!

27 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

That is Just a Protection for you...

Ali (and other serious china sellers) try to sort out credit card scamers...and so just want to know if there is a "real person" behind this dates/values..

So it is a common practice, and the companys doing this can be praised as they try to protect their members!

Bit other than that you can also contact the seller and do the business with him on paypal....same protections!

I'm still not too keen on providing pictures of my drivers license and bank statement to an opaque communist country. But that's just me.

I ended up buying it via PayPal, so I'm good. Thanks :)

On 8/17/2017 at 7:57 AM, Marty Backe said:

If I had given up on trying to buy from this seller (I'm using PayPal instead) I would have submitted these for kicks :thumbup:

I'm glad you didn't use them, because I did already (along with your credit card) and I wouldn't want them to get suspicious.

BTW - If a package turns up addressed to The Fat Unicyclist, please just forward it on...

5 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

I'm glad you didn't use them, because I did already (along with your credit card) and I wouldn't want them to get suspicious.

BTW - If a package turns up addressed to The Fat Unicyclist, please just forward it on...

:laughbounce2:

Seems like this Mten3 is actually not in stock yet. It's unclear when the actual shipping date is? I ordered 11 days ago, and it hasn't shipped yet.

48 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

Seems like this Mten3 is actually not in stock yet. It's unclear when the actual shipping date is? I ordered 11 days ago, and it hasn't shipped yet.

But according to your signature, you have an Mten3. Jumping the gun a little huh ;)

56 minutes ago, electricpen said:

Mine already shipped...

Really? You bought yours from Chen too, right? If so I'll have to ping him to find out what's happening.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone notice that they dropped the pedal height down on the Mten3 versus the previous Mten2?  If you watch @John Eucist's videos, especially the twist one, you'll see that the pedals are mounted pretty much at the height of the axle whereas the Mten3 has them dropped down a bit.  I wonder if they did that to increase lateral stability...

It's too bad that they can't have some sort of pedal height adjustment so people can chose which height they want to ride at.  I do remember @TwixFix modified his battery pack in his IPS A130 (12" wheel) and was able to raise his pedal height on that wheel a bit.

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Anyone notice that they dropped the pedal height down on the Mten3 versus the previous Mten2?  If you watch @John Eucist's videos, especially the twist one, you'll see that the pedals are mounted pretty much at the height of the axle whereas the Mten3 has them dropped down a bit.  I wonder if they did that to increase lateral stability...

It's too bad that they can't have some sort of pedal height adjustment so people can chose which height they want to ride at.  I do remember @TwixFix modified his battery pack in his IPS A130 (12" wheel) and was able to raise his pedal height on that wheel a bit.

Agreed, adjustable pedal height is a nice feature.

My IPS132 eucs had a second pedal mounting hole just over an inch higher than the standard mounting hole so it was relatively simple to remove the hinge pins and raise the pedals up a bit.

2 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Anyone notice that they dropped the pedal height down on the Mten3 versus the previous Mten2?

Wonder how many times @Marty Backe has scrapped the bottom of his pedals when making sharp turns? I am so use to banking my Inmotion V5F+ and V8 on their sides when performing sharp turms. I've scrapped both the KS and GW pedals in turns. I'll  just have to adjust my tight maneuvering methods like I did when riding  Luffy. 

4 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Wonder how many times @Marty Backe has scrapped the bottom of his pedals when making sharp turns? I am so use to banking my Inmotion V5F+ and V8 on their sides when performing sharp turms. I've scrapped both the KS and GW pedals in turns. I'll  just have to adjust my tight maneuvering methods like I did when riding  Luffy. 

I've been telling people (maybe on Facebook?) that the pedal height is not a problem. I can count on one hand the number of times the pedals have touched the ground, and most of those have been when turning riding backwards (my technique needs improvement).

The Mten3 turns very differently then other wheels. It's more of a spinning motion, so the pedals don't dip much.

I have zero complaints about the pedal height, and I make extreme turns all of the time.

The tighter radius of a 10" wheel makes less lean necessary to make tight turns as the euc tries to follow the curve of the wheel rim and makes a sharper turn because of it.

It's also what makes them so manoeuverable but a little twitchy and unstable at high speed.

3 minutes ago, Gimlet said:

The tighter radius of a 10" wheel makes less lean necessary to make tight turns as the euc tries to follow the curve of the wheel rim and makes a sharper turn because of it.

It's also what makes them so manoeuverable but a little twitchy and unstable at high speed.

Perfect description of the Mten3

I now some people like pushing this wheel to high speed, but I think it's sweet spot is 0 (:)) to 15mph

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

The Mten3 turns very differently then other wheels. It's more of a spinning motion, so the pedals don't dip much.

2 hours ago, Gimlet said:

Great! I'm excited! :w00t2: Tomorrow is arrival day!

My Luffy will be getting a new home. I decided against donating it to the rehab center. My 5 yr old granddaughter will soon be learning to ride it.  My 12yr old grandson will be a perfect teacher when I'm not available to assist in training. She already has the safety gear. 

2 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Great! I'm excited! :w00t2: Tomorrow is arrival day!

My Luffy will be getting a new home. I decided against donating it to the rehab center. My 5 yr old granddaughter will soon be learning to ride it.  My 12yr old grandson will be a perfect teacher when I'm not available to assist in training. She already has the safety gear. 

You're spawning a whole new generation of EUCers there Rehab.  Excellent!

Archived