63 old guinea pig

novazeus

2 hours ago, LanghamP said:

Just a heads up/warning; riding away from pavement is quite difficult on an EUC, and very prone to crashing. If you take a bicycle over roughness you would expect to get to the other side without too much trouble but an EUC is entirely crash-prone.

For example, I've crashed just once in the past 6 or so months (on a gumball that I ran off the wheel at low speed) but I have uncountable crashes on fairly mild grass fields. Get into a hole that I would think is shallow, or lean over, or trip over the leg of an ant, and you're going down, at least by my skill level.

Have you looked into getting an electric mountain bike? Or even an eBike with fatter tires?

i have a couple of polaris, jeep, dirt bike etc. i also maybe still have a handball size prostate cancer tumor. ur missing the point about not straddlng or sitting down.i’ve taken the ks-18s in the pasture. yeah it’s difficult but doable. falling in the pasture is nbd. i haven’t fallen yet, just step offs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

O M G !

i thought this evening would be a good time to try my pasture wheel riding. Bob and i headed up to the hill in the jeep where it’s fairly smooth, i guess. we were just chilling cause Bob loves rolling in the grass up there overlooking everything. wasn’t paying attention and Bob was just rolling away in one of today’s fresh cow shit, so we had to abort and take Bob home to get acid washed or as we know it rinsed with water. Bob hates water. so anyway, i go back to the hill by myself and let Bob figure out where he went wrong. the 9bot1s2 is the most intuitive wheel and the ks-16s and 9bot1e+ aren’t too far behind but the ks-18s while being an amazing wheel, it is the hardest slow speed and kinda hard to recover from a brain fart, wheel. it’s still gonna be the most fun. i’m in open pasture, with cow turds, holes, bumps, dips, woody weeds and O M G what fun, and what a work out. the ks-18s form might be the perfect wheel for my pastures. found out i can turn around it’s just not a 12’ radius like my road’s width. the tall shell up against my leg really helps. at one point i knew i was gonna drop it, actually scraped the pedal on the grass but with the leverage of my leg i was able to save it. i’m not talking park or soccer field smooth, i’m talking bouncing across the pasture. i know not everybody has a cow pasture but maybe u can try this some time with a landowner with their permission. it is a hoot. up north i know u guys have a lot of rocks so know ur terrain. i can’t wait to see the expressions on the coyotes faces when they see this human bouncing along the pasture towards them. this is gonna work out. i bought 6 wheels and i have zero regrets about any of my purchases. even warming up to the 9bot1e+. of the new models coming out, even though i like my ks, the 18l with less juice and lower shell doesn’t interest me and not sure if the z10 can do better. my pastures are so rough, i need that extra leg support. i’ll try and shoot a video tmrw. sb funny. 

they say the best thing a cattle rancher can put on his pastures is footsteps. if i regularly survey my land and cattle, i’m easily spending $100 a month on fuel. if i can do half of my surveying on the ks-18s, that’s $50 a month i’m not spending. soon Bob on a long lead will be able to romp with me. i like it when a plan comes together especially when i was totally clueless getting into these things if they’d work for me. 

Bob and I tried to do the wheel thing today and I was on a small 14" wheel that only goes 15 mph. Needless to say Mr puller got going too fast so I let him go cause I knew he'd just go to the gate. He loved it. He ran up the road and then would wait for me to catch up and then take off again. He stopped at the gate and we rested. There are other gaps in the fence along the lane but if I fix the service gate and a couple spots at the main gate and I'm on a wheel so he can't get out of sight, we may have a pretty good place to run.

• 2 weeks later...

here’s my good deed for this sunday for anybody that needs it. a couple of photos of my health records. keep in mind, something i did not know at the time, but cannabis oil lowers ur testosterone. ur testosterone goes down 1% past age 30. my initial psa was 35.4 the end of april 2014. took no other drugs except cannabis oil starting about june, prior to radiation therapy in the jax proton center, i did not have my testosterone checked. testosterone is the food prostate cancer feeds on. that’s why the very first thing my urologist suggested/ordered after telling me i had three months to live was chemical castration which takes ur testosterone to zero. i refused. since my cancer was so deadly, i’ve done cannabis oil since 2014 at extremely high doses. 70 times more than what the medical marijuana doctors are prescribing. up to 2+ grams a day of the highest quality cannabis oil i could make. a speck of that on ur finger and lick it off, and i assure u, u will have probably a very unpleasant mental experience, u have to really work up to it. so anyway, it takes a long time for the massive level of thc to drain from my body and i used this somewhat off period to learn how to ride a wheel. like i’ve said before, walking can be challenging while medicating. so i’m expecting my testosterone to bounce back to unusually high levels for a man of any age, hopefully the cancer is dead. i’ll do a psa test april 1st. and btw my bp is around 120/70 bpm 48.

oh yeah, not on any drugs now, haven’t seen a doctor since sept 2014 or taken any presciption drugs and other than having terminal cancer, haven’t had a cold or been sick (except for food poisoning that made me think i was gonna die because i had been off cannabis oil for two months and it was no longer boosting my immune system that radiation has destroyed) and been living in a unconverted cargo container in the woods at my ranch for over two years now. be gratful for what u got. and take a magnesium supplement, ur probably deficient.

39905095524_bf8f86cc6b_b.jpg

39905094514_03cfd51396_b.jpg

• 1 month later...

i love it when a plan comes together especially when u have no idea if ur idea is gonna work. 2nd day exercising Bob on my driveway using a wheel.

first learning how to ride a wheel and getting Bob somewhat leashed trained. Bob and i are about equal. my wheel riding and his leash behavior still sub par but doable.

Bob is probably 125 now and if he wanted to, he could probably drag me wheel or no wheel. so a lot of credit goes to Bob for not being crazy. not bad for an almost 19  month old puppy.

i was forced to make u-turns on my 12’ road and free mount. i hate free mounting. i hate mounting when i have a crutch. i try to get my feet so perfectly positioned because i haven’t mastered repositioning my feet. the risk of moving my feet doesn’t seem worth it because i can put my feet on the pedals all wacky and still ride it ok. i think pasture riding did that. ur feet are constantly leaving the pedals and landing back on them differently. just like a dirt bike, except a dirt bike has amazing suspension. i have a ktm 525exc dirt bike i use to use on the ranch and i might bring it out of storage. i was thinking how similar the dirt bike was to euc. u always ride standing up on the pegs. 

i haven’t given up on pasture riding, but it’s been awhile because i need to re-pad the 18s and waiting on a charger. the wheels out here are very handy when ur gate and mailbox is so far away. i’m excited about the v10f that is otw. hopefully the z10 will come together nicely. i figure one of these wheels will work in my pastures. for what i’m doing, i need low speed instant torque. i just need to be able to hang with Bob going slow or catch up if he takes off.

my long term goal is to be able to completely traverse my ranch on my wheel with Bob trotting alongside me. like 3 miles. if we get where we can do that, i predict the coyotes will leave. we’ve been pretty lucky i think this year and haven’t lost a calf. Bob lets me know when he sees or hears something not right.

watching a great documentary special on cnn. it replays at 1115pm est tonight.

by dr sanjay gupta called weed 4. best boob tube reporting on medical cannabis i’ve ever seen. nothing false on it so far.

http://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2018/04/18/a-cnn-special-report-dr-sanjay-gupta-weed-4-pot-vs-pills/

• 1 month later...

Archived