Inmotion V8 firmware

Francesco Finqui Tuttobene

Think twice whether you really want to update a working app or firmware, just saying. 

While I can store light patterns to the wheel, I am not aware there has been any firmware update for the V8. Did I miss something?

In the Me tab of the app is a settings cog in the top right corner. In there is 'Owner Verification'. In there you must enter your serial number. After I did that I was able to change the BT password and check for firmware updates. If you've done that already then maybe the old owner needs to enter the app and delete the serial number from the same verification screen before it can be assigned to you. Can't have two owners probably.

I can't confirm if you would be locked out of the wheel if it were still registered to another owner. That is just a guess that makes some possible sense given your situation. You could try reinstalling the app and trying again.

1.1.1009 is the latest firmware according to my app/wheel so there is nothing to update at the moment you just can't change the BT password.

The former owner needs to disassociate the V8's S/N from their account, otherwise you can't FW update or recalibrate the 'Forward balancing carvadjustment' (or whatever it was called).

If you can't get them to, you could either:

1. Try to contact an InMotion engineer / support in the app to reset, giving them your S/N

or 

2. Buy a new V8 control board (new unregistered S/N)

When I sold my V8, I forgot to do this, but the buyer contacted me after, and deregistering on my end did the trick.

6 hours ago, Paddylaz said:

Does Inmotion even release firmwares? Had my v5f+ for a year and not one. Not complaining though given the problems firmware 'updates' have caused some people lol

For the V5F+ variant, there was a grand total of 1 Firmware updates, early when first released and I had purchased (and updated).

Ever since that, none AFAIK.

Dunno about pre-V5F+ firmwares...

9 hours ago, WARPed1701D said:

I can't confirm if you would be locked out of the wheel if it were still registered to another owner. That is just a guess that makes some possible sense given your situation. You could try reinstalling the app and trying again.

1.1.1009 is the latest firmware according to my app/wheel so there is nothing to update at the moment you just can't change the BT password.

Thank a lot to everyone.

I submitted the question to info of inmotion and I am waiting for a feedback but probably the email address is wrong.

i hope that someone gives me the correct address where to require support.

bye

FT

54 minutes ago, Francesco Finqui Tuttobene said:

Thank a lot to everyone.

I submitted the question to info of inmotion and I am waiting for a feedback but probably the email address is wrong.

i hope that someone gives me the correct address where to require support.

bye

FT

Let us know how you get on. Don't be a stranger!

Perhaps @Jason McNeil or @vladmarks have details of another contact you could try. They run eWheels.com and proj42.co.uk EUC stores respectively and may know who best to contact in your situation. Otherwise try sending a message to Ian at Speedyfeet (info@speedyfeet.uk) from speedyfeet.co.uk (another Inmotion distributor but who isn't on this forum).

Obviously none are obliged to assist as you have a second hand unit that didn't come from them but it wouldn't hurt their rep to drop an email address that could help you. Who knows where you will buy your next EUC after all!

15 hours ago, Francesco Finqui Tuttobene said:

I have not received any feedback from info@imscv.com 

is there someone that has an email address indicated for this kind of questions?

The normal process is that you need to contact the party who sold you the Wheel, who in turn put in the request to Inmotion. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/08/2017 at 5:23 AM, King Ma - INMOTION said:

Hi Francesco,

:)

Could you pls help to submit your questions to my email: king.ma@imscv.com

I will forward to my coworkers, and in the next Monday or Tuesday they will reply you,

Thank you for supporting our products, for more information, pls visit: www.imscv.com/en

Thanks & best regards,

King

Hi King,

I am running into same issue and try to send email to you at king.ma@imscv.com but adress is not valid ... any other contact I could use to resolve registration issue? thanks a lot

• 7 months later...

Is the latest firmware still the "1009"? The app is acting a bit weird for me so I just wanna confirm with you guys.

It'd be great to get a firmware upgrade for the jerky acc/brake spazm the V8 can do when going over a bump at high speed. It has only happened to me once without accident but other riders has had multiple where they were thrown off.

/a

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 2:44 PM, alcatraz said:

Is the latest firmware still the "1009"? The app is acting a bit weird for me so I just wanna confirm with you guys.

It'd be great to get a firmware upgrade for the jerky acc/brake spazm the V8 can do when going over a bump at high speed. It has only happened to me once without accident but other riders has had multiple where they were thrown off.

/a

Yep, 1009 is the latest.

Archived