Best-Looking EUC?

sanman

Which is the best looking EUC ?

While perusing the various brands and models, the one I find the most attractive is the Solowheel Xtreme, because of its stylishly sporty design and compact form factor. It's unfortunate that this model has such poor performance specs for its wheel size. But on looks alone, seems to be the most appealing to me.

Which EUC(s) do you find to be the most visually attractive? And why? What are your criteria?

apart from the Solowheel Xtreme,
I dig the KingSong KS16 in glossy black
and Gotway Monster in dark purple.

I don't like the Rockwheel GT16 in metallic red  or blue for example
as it looks like one of those plastic fantastic funfair prizes colorwise.
the immotion line looks like an egg and does not emphasize
the round wheel enough, also the pedal angle is too steep for people >185 cm -> ergonomic fail.
I like the 1600Wh MSuper 3 in this black & white combo (in all black its just a boring box),
however it's too wide and thus uncomfortable to ride.
they just made it wider to fit the batteries without wasting a thought on ergonomics.

... and, obviously,  you'd need to repaint the front light frame to black if you go for the combo look. (crap use of red)
uuups I got carried away, but great topic!

EUC's that look like briefcases, luggage, or gas cannisters turn me off. :rolleyes:   I think these wheels should look futuristic and be awe inspiring from an esthetic design standpoint.  I've always liked the Ninebot series of wheels as they look clean and sleek.  My Ninebot One is showing it's age, but it still has that classic look.  The new S2/S1/A1 whatever variant is also very stylish.  Gotway's ACM has a utilitarian appearance to it and when you slap on those external trolley handles it just makes it worse.  The MSuper with its built-in trolley looks much better, but it just doesn't have that pizzazz for me for some reason.  The MCM4 is a nice looking wheel.  The Monster wheels are slick with their contrasting colour panels, but what they have no built-in trolly handle?  :confused1:

The InMotions have some interesting design features and really pop.  KingSong has a clean look with their new 14S and 16S wheels, but the 18S is overdue for some sort of face lift as it just always looked bulky for some reason.

I like the Rockwheel GT16 look, but it could be less boxy and cover up a bit more wheel.  The new Segway Ninebot wheel has some distinct shapes in the back, but the front end looks like the design chopped something off.  It just looks abrupt and ugly with the cheap looking headlamp.

The Solowheel Xtreme is a gorgeous wheel - so slim and elegant, but sadly the specs just don't cut it.  There must be some way to mix both performance and looks into the same wheel as unfortunately it seems that it's usually skewed one way or the other.

12 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

KingSong has a clean look with their new 14S and 16S wheels, but the 18S is overdue for some sort of face lift as it just always looked bulky for some reason.

This guy his 18S is super fancy! He posted his mod on the Kingsong Facebook group page.

19424447_10211322319246352_8459552136127971587_n.jpg

59 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

e InMotions have some interesting design features and really pop.  KingSong has a clean look with their new 14S and 16S wheels, but the 18S is overdue for some sort of face lift as it just always looked bulky for some reason.

Aaah....

There is nothing bulky ;-)

LBjJ2A3.jpg

Best EUC ever ;-)

Second best:

sGCnNDz.jpg

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Overall it's a slick, alien looking wheel, I have to admit, but somehow it just always looks top heavy.

I thought you were a fan of Top Heavy! 

55 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Aaah....

There is nothing bulky ;-)

LBjJ2A3.jpg

Best EUC ever ;-)

Second best:

sGCnNDz.jpg

I do like the look! It will certainly be my first choice for an 18" wheel unless another high caliber wheel appears soon. Are you adding a similar light package to the new KS?

When you see people riding the round-shaped wheels, from the side, they look amazing. You don't see many videos of that due to the ubiquitous selfie stick but once in a while someone will accidentally take video of another rider from the side.

It's made Thor from the cartoon BC a reality.

11 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

When you see people riding the round-shaped wheels, from the side, they look amazing. You don't see many videos of that due to the ubiquitous selfie stick but once in a while someone will accidentally take video of another rider from the side.

It's made Thor from the cartoon BC a reality.

Clearly the one this guy is riding.........................:)

Unicycle.jpg

36 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I like the appearance of my wife's ;) silver King Song 16S!

I like the integrated appearance of the KS trolley handle. 16S etc. are going to be cooler than ever with the custom graphics option!

3 minutes ago, Acturbo said:

Clearly the one this guy is riding.........................:)

Unicycle.jpg

I would guess they're laughing at his micropenis. That is, I'd rather have girls laugh at teeny tiny willie over being caught on an Inmotion V3.

2 hours ago, ir_fuel said:
2 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

but somehow it just always looks top heavy

That's because it is :) 

I know some people like the KS18 styling, but to me it always looked somewhat odd. I don't hate it; I just like the styling of the KS 16 better. I am very interested to see what the redesigned KS18 is like when they give it a shell similar to KS16.

Well, obviously I like the Rockwheel GT16, aesthetics where clearly one of the reasons I bought it. Still, there are a few things I would change if I were the designer: I would have it cover a bit more of the wheel front and back, and would try to make it less boxy in the top middle.

Another wheel I like the looks of are the Gotway MSuper V3. I like the way it leans backwards, and I think it looks sturdy in a pleasant way. You get a feeling of rugged power.

The ACM is also a very nice-looking wheel, its smooth circular and slightly angular bulbous form feels right in some undefinable way.

The Solowheel Xtreme is another wheel with the flowing leaned back look. But when I see it, I see form over function, which mar my appreciation. It should pack more power and juice, which would make it fatter and heftier. To design a "beautiful" wheel when you don't have to find room for the actual hardware is simple.

I like the KS16, especially in rubber black, it is part design like the ninebots, inmotion and segways, but part is also rugged power.

I gotta say the inmotion V5 and the V8 are stunning to see and feel. My V8 actually feels lighter than the Segway 14" wheel which is 2 lbs lighter and 2" shorter.

I like the KS14B-C because it looks like a singer sewing machine. The Msuper2 looks like a radiator and feels heavy enough to have been one. Thats a cool looking one as well but you will have to google it or ask @JrKline "Wheel Whisperer Show you a pic of his Msuper2

image.jpg

I like uniqueness and variety. (ie. not everywheel looking like the same, circular Ninebot spinning LED look, or utilitarian Gotway shell look; How boring!)

As I transitioned from Ninebot One E+ to iPS Zero to Ninebot One S2 to InMotion V5F+ to Rockwheel GT16 to Gotway Luffy, ... as much as I like all those designs in varying degrees, my co-workers barely noticed they were all different EUCs, which was very telling! (albeit partly due to them all being white and circular... which I think looks best for all, though I do love the GT16 in the Black Matte).

That's why I love the unique shape of the tall KS18 in Black Glossy, with it's unique physics and unique riding technique (and how much everyone hates it!). That's why I love (sorry @Hunka Hunka Burning Love) the gas can iPS I just picked up. That's why I love the R2-D2 alien-esque look of the open-cooling concept GT16 in Gloss White (not so much the dust magnet it becomes).

The main thing that I think makes the Ninebot One design one of the Holy Grails of EUC design is the seamless contour of all the multiple part layers (no screwholes really to be found), coupled with the Apple-esque basic greytone scheme, and that very particular, serated LED light windowing.

This kind of production manufactured design is very hard for a smaller mom+pop EUC manufacturer to do, as I'm guessing it takes way more R&D dollars to develop, instead of sticking unseemly screw-holes all over the place on a single side slab of plastic. That's why, I think Ninebot & InMotion look slicker than your typical current generation EUC.

Archived