IPS Xima Lhotz. Yay or Nay??

RideMc

Looking for an intermediary wheel for around town. (We have a KS 18 for the big stuff.). A local guy has a used IPS Xima Lhotz 1000w motor, 340wh cycle for sale for $500. Thoughts?

I know the range won't be great compared to the KS18.  Anything I should watch or look out for when I look at it?  General thoughts?

Thanks!!

I like my Lhotz.  On a budget, it's not a bad wheel.  I generally ride mine about 4 miles/day, including a 1/4 mile hill with the steep parts 11 degrees (20%) or more.  I get home with >50% battery remaining.  It's got pretty good power and a big tire that rolls over most stuff without issue.  The shell is tough and well built.

Biggest downside (for me) is that there is no trolley handle.  I had tried to fashion something and it kind-of works, but now mostly I just carry it into the office.

At times I think about some of the newer wheels, the King Song 16s looks really sexy to me.  A little more battery and power would be nice on the big hill.  But for now, I'll stick with the Lhotz.

4 hours ago, JimB said:

I like my Lhotz.  On a budget, it's not a bad wheel.  I generally ride mine about 4 miles/day, including a 1/4 mile hill with the steep parts 11 degrees (20%) or more.  I get home with >50% battery remaining.  It's got pretty good power and a big tire that rolls over most stuff without issue.  The shell is tough and well built.

Biggest downside (for me) is that there is no trolley handle.  I had tried to fashion something and it kind-of works, but now mostly I just carry it into the office.

At times I think about some of the newer wheels, the King Song 16s looks really sexy to me.  A little more battery and power would be nice on the big hill.  But for now, I'll stick with the Lhotz.

Thanks, Jim!  This is awesome.  We grabbed it. :)

2 hours ago, MaxLinux said:

I missed my chance to add my praises for Lhotz! I have two, a black and a white, and I love them! I'm glad you got this!

I saw your review!!!  We grabbed it, and an ISP a130 just for giggles.  Great wheel so far!!!

@MaxLinux - did you ever hook your two together??? :)

On 11/08/2017 at 9:12 PM, RideMc said:

A local guy has a used IPS Xima Lhotz 1000w motor, 340wh cycle for sale for $500. Thoughts?

IPS-1000W is probably not the same as Gotway- or InMotion-1000W. So don't expect them to be or check twice, see e.g.  

http://www.eroue.fr/achat-monocycle-electrique/

listing the Lhotz with 500W, which is comparatively weak for a 16" wheel.

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/08/2017 at 0:30 PM, Mono said:

Listing the Lhotz with 500W, which is comparatively weak for a 16" wheel.

It was my thought too, that 1000W was only peak output, which, if so, is very low. However I hired an LHotz on holiday from @IPS Malta (story below) and found that, at my 75Kg it handled hills and off-road that there is no way my 14" 500W Kingsong 14C would have managed. Obviously the wide tyre makes a huge difference but the power was there as well.

My only criticism of the LHotz is it's small battery. Such a capable off-road wheel is crying out for at least 800Wh of battery.

Archived