The most suspicious stat is, of course, the range on the 1000wh battery. It will probably be months before anyone gets one of these in the real world though to test but I think based on current production EUCs, we probably can expect 50-60 km out of this? Oddly the new Gotway Tesla is also advertising almost identical range on a similar sized battery.

• Upvote 2

Interesting. If only they had a bigger battery option. I want more miles not less :(

This from the website is good though - "tire 18" tubuless super adherence"

If anything goes wrong with my Monster then the 1000WH version may be an option so long as they don't have any problems with these like previous Ninebots.

1 hour ago, esaj said:

Don't look at the kilometer/mile-ranges given by the manufacturers, they're usually wildly inaccurate. The "consumption" varies a lot based on terrain, rider weight and your riding style, not to mention headwinds, temperature etc. I've measured consumptions between 11-12Wh/km (leisurely pace) and closer to 15Wh/km when keeping my average speed closer to 30's, in pretty similar temperatures/weather conditions, so just faster riding increased my consumption by about 30%!

After you ride wheels for awhile you realize that they all give about the same range given a certain battery size. For my riding weight and style I now know that I get ~30 miles on a ~800wh battery. And then I just scale from there.

• Upvote 3

Starting to feel better about the look. First I thought it looked cheap and towards the PC-case "gamer" direction which is sometimes a bit much. But it's a unique design and I like how it is not only slightly futuristic, but also neither bike-like nor motorbike-like, but its own thing. Might not be the worst in terms of acceptance of EUCs. Actually, that's great.

The trolley handle is ugly at first but cool how it is a stand too.

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I really hope 1000wh is accurate, but I can't see where the batteries would be located. I really want the Z10 if it's real.

If you look at the explosion drawing/blueprint on the previous page, you see inside the fat tire is a regular-width motor. So the batteries can bulge in on both sides.

Looks like you have to buy one and do a mountain test video;)

• Upvote 3

This is actually great for EUC owners.  To have Ninebot back in the game with an 18 in wheel will push the other companies to raise there game hopefully with the quality of their product.     That is to say that Ninebot has worked out the bugs over this period of time since the One P problems.  I could see myself purchasing the Z10.  I really like the extra wide tire.  Kind of puts it in a new category like the fat tire electric bikes did for ebikes.  Trolley handle could be better, but not bad.  Definitely will be watching for this one to come out.

Edited by Sketch
  • Upvote 2

Have they said anything about the weight of this thing? I would guess it would be heavier than average for an 18" due to the fat tire but I wonder how much of a bear it is going to be to carry it up stairs (I have like 15 steps in front of my house that there is no way to go around easily).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Looks like the way the pedals are shaped, it might be difficult to ride with the wheel turned around.  

Yes, nice ergonomic move! Let's hope it is actually ergonomic.

5 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

I read on the facebook site that they have double redundancy?  what does this mean???

I read something (that I can't find again) about the batteries being in parallel, minimising the scenarios for failure... Time will tell what this actually achieves.