29 minutes ago, Unventor said:

You need to have a mudguard review part too ? (see the KS18L owner love?  thred). You know then why.

There's too many threads. I don't know which one you're referring to and what issues there are with the Z10 mudguard? 

12 hours ago, Turbocharged said:

The good news, my production Z10 is got a very smooth motor, not much vibration unless under hard braking. It's much better than the pre production Z6/Z10 and production Z8 I had.

Did your production Z10 came with pre-cut grip tape for the pedals?

Someone showed a pre-cut grip tape that’s supposed to be included and I’m wondering if that’s really accurate. 

19 minutes ago, stephen said:

@Marty Backe has the z10 been delivered ??

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

It finally started the Journey to me Tuesday evening. I'm supposed to receive it late Friday. It'll probably leave my house on July 30th.

Edited by WARPed1701D
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rotciv said:

Did your production Z10 came with pre-cut grip tape for the pedals?

Someone showed a pre-cut grip tape that’s supposed to be included and I’m wondering if that’s really accurate. 

Yes, all models come with grip tapes. Z8 and Z10 have those rubber side pads too.

4 minutes ago, Turbocharged said:

Yes, all models come with grip tapes. Z8 and Z10 have those rubber side pads too.

Can you ask your Ninebot contact(s) what kind and amount of tire puncture-proof sealant (like Slime) that they would recommend.

Or is tire sealant added at the factory?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Can you ask your Ninebot contact(s) what kind and amount of tire puncture-proof sealant (like Slime) that they would recommend.

Thanks.

it’s tubeless so u could carry a plug kit or fix a flat or both. that tire sb waay tougher than the bicycle type tires on the other wheels.

• Like 1

ya, slime works fine for tubeless. at the podunk speeds euc’s go, slime is fine.

just saying, from the looks of the tire, it’s like no other euc tire. looks more like a motorcycle tire. 

small puntures like u describe would probably be handled well with a can of fix a flat in ur back pack. some fix a flat is temporary but some are more of the permanent kind, like fix a flat with a type of slime in it.

i didn’t know there were two different slime products, one for tube and one for tubeless.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Thanks.

Official support don’t repair tire and battery, only replace. Replacement tire cost very little money for the parts but labor cost may be more... it’s a lot work to get to the Z’s tire, they have not had standard serives cost for Z made yet.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Turbocharged said:

Official support don’t repair tire and battery, only replace. Replacement tire cost very little money for the parts but labor cost may be more... it’s a lot work to get to the Z’s tire, they have not had standard serives cost for Z made yet.

I think my question was lost in translation. But thanks anyway.

49 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I think my question was lost in translation. But thanks anyway.

Do you mean those liquid placed inside a tire, and fix a puncture? It was not applied in factory, and they don't recommend riding with any kind of repair after puncture, replacement tire is the only option from Ninebot.

Anyway, it feels like typical electric scooter tire, anything works for those, should work for Z. but that's form me... not Ninebot.

• Like 3

@Turbocharged For now we have general "availability issue" for the Z10 wheel itself, but getting new tire may be also very difficult. Do You know if Ninebot sells replacement tires directly, or do You know already a reseller in China which sell those tires? BTW - can You post exact tire type (read it from the tire)? 

(Good guide to tire replacement process is the HouseofJob teardown video)

Regarding slime -  Marty can You please list exact brand You use (I am not sure if we will have the same in Europe, but it can help in selection anyway) 

9 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

They sell Slime type products for tubeless tires

For many Mini users, whose tires are tubeless, when one of the two tires was flat, we were looking for the puncture
There were none
in fact, with successive shocks, there is a little air that escapes
The sealant is perfect because, it will stick the tire to the wall of the rim
but it will happen several times, the places where the air will escape will be sealed by the sealant
it will be necessary to reinflate several time the tire before having a total adherence
when you have to disassemble the tire, it's hard to separate the tire from the rim, I used a hammer
here photos of the rim of my Mini after a year of sealant there is no alteration of the rim it did not spoil the wheel
and of course it will be necessary to clean the dried sealant before repositioning a tire

https://spark.adobe.com/page/ZlSkw0Gh42DNB/

But after 2000 km traveled, the tires of the Mini must be changed
I hope that ONE Z users will have a better quality tire

Edited by jojo33
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Lukasz said:

@Turbocharged For now we have general "availability issue" for the Z10 wheel itself, but getting new tire may be also very difficult. Do You know if Ninebot sells replacement tires directly, or do You know already a reseller in China which sell those tires? BTW - can You post exact tire type (read it from the tire)? 

(Good guide to tire replacement process is the HouseofJob teardown video)

For now, no replacement parts for sell, Ninebot is doing their best trying to manufacture as many Zs as possible. The only way to get part is to contact support and apply for one... and a long wait. The most fragile part is the trolley handling, one fall could make it useless. And weirdly, I feel it rides better without trolley handle... I use my DSLR wrist band as a temporary solution until someone smart to come up with a better idea.

The tire is 18x4.1, but I doubt you can get a good substitute from third party.

Edited by Turbocharged
  • Like 2

@Turbocharged Thank You for the fast answer. In my 15 000+ km of EUC rides I was lucky to stay without single puncture, but many of my friends had punctures (in fact cuts of the tube due to the too fast hit/collision with the curb which leads to cut tube on the side)  I advise to those heavier users to jump high or keep the pressure up a little. One more important question -Can You please confirm that it is possible to purchase Z10 in China now? is it directly from Ninebot (Ninebot Store) or any specific dealers?

Digital Camera wirst band must be a bit funny if used as the handle...  ? 

6 hours ago, Lukasz said:

Regarding slime -  Marty can You please list exact brand You use (I am not sure if we will have the same in Europe, but it can help in selection anyway) 

This is what I've been using in all my wheels: http://amzn.to/2G9pUM1

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

This is what I've been using in all my wheels: http://amzn.to/2G9pUM1

this is a good deal for tubed tires.

https://www.amazon.com/Slime-10162-Tube-Sealant-Gallon/dp/B00XLY7Y1A

i’m so stoopid, been using it for years on the ranch and never knew there was a tubeless and tubed version.

https://www.amazon.com/Slime-10163-Tubeless-Sealant-Gallon/dp/B013J2RRFQ

• Like 1

On 7/13/2018 at 12:17 PM, Lukasz said:

”Goop” is a British brand that unlike Slime is latex-free so doesn’t dry up and need to be added every 6-12 months. It can be used in both tubed and tubeless tires. Sealed a problematic rim-side puncture for me, so I’ll keep using this. Available at Ebay.co.uk.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 3