11 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I haven't heard anything from Jason, but I'm assuming that I won't see my Z10 until mid-August, earliest.

@Jason McNeil responded to my inquiry. we’re getting close hopefully.

Sure thing, we're expecting an update from Ninebot later in the week. As soon as there's more information, will be sending out an email blast.

Have a good one,

Jason

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I'm so freakin' psyched for this wheel!   It's going to be rough having to be patient before I can afford one.  

Chooch's comment about it's high torque going from 0-15km/h has me all tingly.  There was so much concern about how the 59V system would compare to wheels that are 84V.  

What I loved about this wheel when it was first announced was that it didn't just raise the engine spec and top end speed and call it "progress" like we've seen from Gotway.  Instead, it tried to improve on the core competencies of what makes a wheel great.  Wheels are already fast enough.  Where they need to improve is with safety and build quality and convenience factors.  

We really need market players like Ninebot to stay in the game and drive the market forward with their R&D and production capability.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, novazeus said:

@Jason McNeil responded to my inquiry. we’re getting close hopefully.

Sure thing, we're expecting an update from Ninebot later in the week. As soon as there's more information, will be sending out an email blast.

Have a good one,

Jason

I stick with my prediction. For me, I'm not paying the up-charge to get the wheel flown to the United State. Even if they actually leave China this week, by the time you add the ship travel time, customs, warehousing activities, shipping, It's middle of August.

Actually, after re-reading what I just wrote, I think this is going to be a September wheel for me :crying:

17 minutes ago, mezzanine said:

I'm so freakin' psyched for this wheel!   It's going to be rough having to be patient before I can afford one.  

Chooch's comment about it's high torque going from 0-15km/h has me all tingly.  There was so much concern about how the 59V system would compare to wheels that are 84V.  

What I loved about this wheel when it was first announced was that it didn't just raise the engine spec and top end speed and call it "progress" like we've seen from Gotway.  Instead, it tried to improve on the core competencies of what makes a wheel great.  Wheels are already fast enough.  Where they need to improve is with safety and build quality and convenience factors.  

We really need market players like Ninebot to stay in the game and drive the market forward with their R&D and production capability.  

How much do you weigh?

13 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Actually, after re-reading what I just wrote, I think this is going to be a September wheel for me :crying:

it might be august like jason’s chart. i’ve already spent the money in my mind, so just curious to see it in person. 

too hot to ride here now, so no real hurry.

maybe if gotway pull a chiller fan on a wheel i might try one.

185lbs.  I'm going to be really curious to see how the whole tire pressure issue plays out because if I'm too heavy to be able to ride at the lower pressure that seems necessary to get the shock absorbing benefit, my primary reason for buying it will be negated.  Chooch was riding with 10 (!) PSI at 120lbs.  Still going to need more info about how the lowered pressure affects turning and responsiveness.  It will take a bite out of range, too.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mezzanine said:

185lbs.  I'm going to be really curious to see how the whole tire pressure issue plays out because if I'm too heavy to be able to ride at the lower pressure that seems necessary to get the shock absorbing benefit, my primary reason for buying it will be negated.  Chooch was riding with 10 (!) PSI at 120lbs.  Still going to need more info about how the lowered pressure affects turning and responsiveness.  It will take a bite out of range, too.  

Hey, do me a favor and strap on a 20 lb backpack and put the wheel through it's paces so I'll know whether or not it can haul my 205 lb butt around and still be fun!  ?  Thanks!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Charles McLean said:

Hey, do me a favor and strap on a 20 lb backpack and put the wheel through it's paces so I'll know whether or not it can haul my 205 lb butt around and still be fun!  ?  Thanks!

I would gladly do it, but it's going to be a while before I actually buy one.  Unfortunately.  :(

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mezzanine said:

You should be able to adjust the tire pressure relative to your weight and achieve the same effect, within reasonable weight range of course. 

The lower the pressure, the harder to turn at higher speed, the less the agility. At extremely low pressure, turning at low speed is also affected, contacting area between the tire and road surface is simply too much, it also use more battery. The positive side is better comfort and grip and stability.

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

When I get the wheel, I'm going to do two  back-to-back ranges tests. One with firm pressure (probably the max listed on the tire) and the other at low pressure (per what @Turbocharged wrote above). I've never done this with any other wheels, but this is the first wheel that looks usable with radically different tire pressures.

There is no min max value on the tire, only a suggested cold tire pressure at 32 psi. Two of my friends in the public beta test group weigh over 200 lbs ride with pressure over 55 psi all the time because they prefer the agility that comes with higher pressure, so they could weave through crowd on the side walk. So, you can pick your "firm pressure" can be set quite high, just watch out for you knees, it can be really really firm.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Turbocharged said:

<snip>

There is no min max value on the tire, only a suggested cold tire pressure at 32 psi. Two of my friends in the public beta test group weigh over 200 lbs ride with pressure over 55 psi all the time because they prefer the agility that comes with higher pressure, so they could weave through crowd on the side walk. So, you can pick your "firm pressure" can be set quite high, just watch out for you knees, it can be really really firm.

Good to know. Sounds like my tubeless Mten3 3-inch tire which also has a cold rating of 32psi. I keep it somewhere between 35 and 40.

I ride all my wheels with high pressure for the firm ride and agility. But I'm anxious to try this tire at the lower setting, particularly since I don't have to worry about bursting an innertube.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/8/2018 at 11:58 PM, Keith said:

Please keep us informed how you get on? 

To be honest, we have no information, I.e. no negative, or indeed positive feedback about this company at all - compare that with just how much good feedback we hear about Speedyfeet, and he is not active on this forum at all ( so hasn’t built up a fan base here for example). The biggest unknown to me is that you would think, if he was behaving badly, we would have had some feedback by now - but it is equally odd that there is nothing positive either? 

so, we cannot say that there is any problem at all in buying from this company,  however I’m with @TremF that anyone for whom I didn’t have an absolutely huge level of trust  could stick an offer that required me to do a bank transfer where the sun don’t shine.

Take a closer look at the foot of that website: Ninebot UK is a trading name of England & Wales Company 
Resistered Address: 8 Wandsworth Rd, Perivale, London, UB6 7JD, UK  not only, if you do a search at Companies house is there no “England & Wales Company” but if you think about it there is absolutely no way you would be allowed to register that as a company name - Oh and Wandsworth Road is in Battersea, I was born there so that rung alarm bells too.

However the bottom line to me is his continued statement that he is the exclusive authorised Ninebot distributer in the U.K, if he didn’t do that there might be a degree of trust. Segway/Ninebot B.V. the European arm of the company have confirmed they have no knowledge of him. 

@nute had said, in the original thread, that he thought I wasn’t giving this guy a chance and “there is no requirement for a company to be registered” this is certainly true and is a good point, he also pointed out that the guy is not British so that may be a good reason for his ‘clumsy’ English and that doesn’t mean he is a bad person - which is also a point. However, to me, saying a business has a “registered address” is to say it is registered! @nutealso made the point that CE testing isn’t worth the paper it’s written on ( and you certainly get the impression that on some devices that have CE test certificates it stands for Chinese Equipment) but that is to miss the point that Segway Ninebot B.V. will not be importing them to Europe without the CE certification so any wheel coming in is surely likely to be coming direct from China via the backdoor (grey import)  - with possible issues if it is supposed to be Chinese stock  like possibly not being able to register it or connect to any app? Oh and @nute did say “I understand he takes paypal so why anyone would not use that and send cash direct i don't know.“  and that, given that you were forced to use a bank draft, is also a point! 

No way to tell really on this. At least the company is in the EU which, if everything goes wrong, does give you a slightly easier route to chase them. Many years ago i was involved with a business which imported computer control equipment for marine aquariums from the US. We had a customer in europe who didn't pay and we just hired a local lawyer to chase it. We got the money and our expenses after a couple of weeks. 

This aside i would have thought the biggest stick you have is this forum. Any negative publicity here is going to have a big effect on anyone who is actually trying to run a EUC or similar business. 

Regarding www  theninebot.co.uk   I suggest to be very careful with... I have seen them offering Z10 model with full prepayment (of around 1000 Pounds) back in....  January 2018  claiming that they have "20 pcs first batch arriving to them very soon" 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Turbocharged said:

I guess Ninebot just have too many orders they have to rush. The QC may have suffered, or, hopefully this is just an isolated case.

I find the small upper cover (the synthetic leather covered one) on the left does not close properly, I took the side panel open and removed the upper cover. and I find

1. the water seal thing doesn't cover fully, there is a gap on the motor side, there is additional water resistant measures for the motor though.

IMG_0852.thumb.jpg.829c446b8897bb10689c3da7d6b1e8fe.jpg

2. The reason the upper cover does not close properly is because the glue which used to hold the leather in place, got all over the plastic catch, make it impossible to lock in place, the picture is taken after I have removed quite a bit glue already. It took me quite a while to remove all that extra glue and put everything back.

IMG_0853.thumb.jpg.03a940987809db50af5e03666f34c956.jpg

Maybe it is just normal in manufacturing, but I really expect nothing but the best out of Ninebot.

The good news, my production Z10 is got a very smooth motor, not much vibration unless under hard braking. It's much better than the pre production Z6/Z10 and production Z8 I had.

Did you provide feedback to Ninebot? Quality should not be sacrificed to meet delivery. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Adel said:

@Marty Backe is the Z10 making its way to you or is it still stuck in Colorado ?  We're waiting impatiently for the wheel to finally reach the San Francisco bay area. ?

It finally started the Journey to me Tuesday evening. I'm supposed to receive it late Friday. It'll probably leave my house on July 30th.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

It finally started the Journey to me Tuesday evening. I'm supposed to receive it late Friday. It'll probably leave my house on July 30th.

You need to have a mudguard review part too ? (see the KS18L owner love?  thred). You know then why.

8 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

You are going to RIP it apart, on EUC graveyard hill.

• Like 1