8 hours ago, novazeus said:

turns out my V10F is more like 17" and my 16s is more like 15.5".

There’s only 0.375” difference in tire width, and the rim is the same size. My 2.5” tires are something like 0.3” taller than the 2.125” Kenda the 16S came with. I know the difference between the wheels feels huge, but it’s not the tire diameter that is the reason. Wheel weight, vertical weight distribution, and leg contact point height are probably the most important ones.

20 hours ago, Turbocharged said:

V10F didn't come today, 2 GT16s were still more nimble and overall faster than Z10s on mountain roads. But, I'll have to test the power output myself to be sure about it, since it is quite subjective.

So faster is not necessarily same as funfactor or ridesafety. How did the z10 compare to that?

2 hours ago, Unventor said:

So faster is not necessarily same as funfactor or ridesafety. How did the z10 compare to that?

I can’t really answer to that. It’s really subjective. To me personally Z10 is very comfortable cruising streets, very nimble at low speed, crazy stable at low to medium speed. Throwing your whole body weight around at higher speed just to turn is actually very enjoyable after you figure out how to do it... But on the mountain road, I would prefer a V10F, just more fun. I think wheels are quite safe these days, never had any safety problem before. Z10 may feel safer because it’s better made, but so are InMotions.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Rotciv said:

I hope @Jason McNeil will have some Z10 by early July ?

If I were you I would set my expectations for mid-August

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, WARPed1701D said:

As already stated on here before (to which you have been directly referred to in the past) Jason states August 4th onwards for the Z10. 

I have seen Jason's chart and I'm just being optimistic. I guess that's frowned upon on this forum.

Turbocharged could confirm and verify that a ship load of Zs are being shipped early to the US, and the moment someone mentions that perhaps Jason might get them early, people starts pointing out that the chart clearly states early August ?

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

If I were you I would set my expectations for mid-August

I was actually quite surprised when Jason showed his customers would expect the Z in August, I was expecting September-October.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i just sent jason money for a 18L and if not wanting to pay for air freight, it will be about a month before mine to arrive. late july.

he thinks the z10 will be available to order in 3 weeks so same thing, another month for delivery, probably middle of august for me on the east coast for the z10.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, novazeus said:

i just sent jason money for a 18L and if not wanting to pay for air freight, it will be about a month before mine to arrive. late july.

he thinks the z10 will be available to order in 3 weeks so same thing, another month for delivery, probably middle of august for me on the east coast for the z10.

Another advantage to having lots of wheels (you're in that club now) is there's no urgent need to get another wheel. I'm waiting for the slow boat from China delivery method.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Another advantage to having lots of wheels (you're in that club now) is there's no urgent need to get another wheel. I'm waiting for the slow boat from China delivery method.

ya, i'm in no hurry. more time for the people that already have theirs and the ones that will get theirs before me,  to put the wheels through their paces.

are u getting the 18L to test as well as the Z10?

it's hard for me to wrap my head around the 18L feels more powerful according to some early reviewers with a 19" tire than the V10F with a 17" tire when they both are running 2000 watt 84 volt motors.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, novazeus said:

it's hard for me to wrap my head around the 18L feels more powerful according to some early reviewers with a 19" tire than the V10F with a 17" tire when they both are running 2000 watt 84 volt motors.

The power numbers are just ballpark, doesn't really give you the whole picture. Technically, the wheel could average 2kW, but the curve could crap out at higher speeds.

1 hour ago, Rotciv said:

I have seen Jason's chart and I'm just being optimistic. I guess that's frowned upon on this forum.

Turbocharged could confirm and verify that a ship load of Zs are being shipped early to the US, and the moment someone mentions that perhaps Jason might get them early, people starts pointing out that the chart clearly states early August ?

I was actually quite surprised when Jason showed his customers would expect the Z in August, I was expecting September-October.

Love the optimism! But the Z is pretty much guaranteed to start on an August or later timeframe, as it's been stated here by @Turbocharged that beta recently closed and those beta pre-orders were fulfilled / upgraded to production boards, which probably means, they are ramping full China+International production, should take at least a month.

30 minutes ago, novazeus said:

it's hard for me to wrap my head around the 18L feels more powerful 

The feel is largely about how the acceleration figures are coded in the firmware. Many people have critizised the lazy acceleration on the V10F, and I think it is likely that a future firmware update will change things for the better.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

The feel is largely about how the acceleration figures are coded in the firmware. Many people have critizised the lazy acceleration on the V10F, and I think it is likely that a future firmware update will change things for the better.

yeah, i might not update my firmware on the V10F. it feels perfectly fine to me. 

i'm more into control as opposed to going fast. puttering along at 15mph suits me fine.

42 minutes ago, novazeus said:

ya, i'm in no hurry. more time for the people that already have theirs and the ones that will get theirs before me,  to put the wheels through their paces.

are u getting the 18L to test as well as the Z10?

All indications are that the test 18L will be making the rounds, although by the time it does, the first batch of 18L's will have been delivered.

15 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

Combined with the advantage of living in a place that only has 2 seasons. Spring and summer :lol: 

LA vs. Gothenburg average temperatures by month. Note that the LA "winter" is damn close to Gothenburg "summer"...

1105664524_Skarmavbild2018-06-20kl_15_34_21.thumb.png.28780d38667868ca1b89dd17edfa161c.png

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Well that would feel inbetween hot-too hot-way too hot-i am dead and burning....compared to what my Scandinavian body can endure. 

Personally I prefer fall...all the different colour of leaves on the trees still and more humane temp in the late18-22-ish Celsius. Anything above 27ish Celsius and I am in dead and burning...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1