1 hour ago, houseofjob said:

Hmmm... the Z pedal height is about the same as the KS18S unfortunately at 5".

But, like @Turbocharged has mentioned, the Z is super low center of gravity, thus harder to turn, but also harder to knock down, so..... it is what it is.

just have to build a weed cutter for the front of the pedal hinge i guess. 

in the pasture, i don’t have to turn sharp.

@andrewnyer didn’t like the z10 but since u and @Tishawn Fahie are still getting one after trying it, it must have its virtues. i’ll go look for y’alls video reviews.

i think building a little wheel garage next to my road is in my future.

oh yeah, silly me. it was y’alls (tishawn) video that sold me on it.

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Confusius15 said:

So do you confirm V10's pedals are higher ?

V10 was same as 18L, so they all should be about the same.  V10 being only 17” wheel makes it high relative to wheel size.

23 minutes ago, Turbocharged said:

Just to report back.

Three Production Z10s went up Mount Miaofeng today, the route is less challenging than West Mount, where I had temperature problem with Beta Z10, but the road to the peak and down is much longer, about 50km. 

1 Z10 turned everything on, DRL, head light, mood light, and playing music along the whole way, the rider is 75kg (165 lb). 1 Z10 had everything but bluetooth speaker off, rider weigh 80kg (176 lb), the other one had everything turned off, rider weigh 95 kg (210 lb) 

All three Z10s made it the whole way, and the highest temperature recorded was only 57 degree C (134.6 F), far from warning threshhold of 80 degreee C (176 F), all 3 had every similar temperature along the way.

Battery usages are very close across three Z10s, so, the lights, bluetooth speaker does not affact range and temperature too much. And at 1800w and weigh 25kg, the rider weight does not seem to affect range much as well.

So, good news! Even thought this route is less challenging, but considering I could reach 60+ degree C just cruising city streets at 25km/h, the production unit definitely made some improvement on temperature control over the beta units.

How did the gt16 and v10f behave on their side?

26 minutes ago, Turbocharged said:

Just to report back.

Three Production Z10s went up Mount Miaofeng today, the route is less challenging than West Mount, where I had temperature problem with Beta Z10, but the road to the peak and down is much longer, about 50km. 

1 Z10 turned everything on, DRL, head light, mood light, and playing music along the whole way, the rider is 75kg (165 lb). 1 Z10 had everything but bluetooth speaker off, rider weigh 80kg (176 lb), the other one had everything turned off, rider weigh 95 kg (210 lb) 

All three Z10s made it the whole way, and the highest temperature recorded was only 57 degree C (134.6 F), far from warning threshhold of 80 degreee C (176 F), all 3 had every similar temperature along the way.

Battery usages are very close across three Z10s, so, the lights, bluetooth speaker does not affact range and temperature too much. And at 1800w and weigh 25kg, the rider weight does not seem to affect range much as well.

So, good news! Even thought this route is less challenging, but considering I could reach 60+ degree C just cruising city streets at 25km/h, the production unit definitely made some improvement on temperature control over the beta units.

I’m also in manufacturing and our products go through all different tests and certifications, but sometimes just say this:

Ship it!

Edited by Rotciv

3 minutes ago, Rotciv said:

I’m also in manufacturing and our products go through all different tests and certifications, but sometimes just say this:

Ship it!

Oh, Ninebot do want to ship it! They just can't make enough of it, a lot people are lining up in China. So, if your dealer can guarantee you one soon, take it! 

But on the other hand, I don't think Z will sell a lot after the first wave of quick demand. Afterall, EUCs market isn't that big, enthusiasts are small portion of that small market, and of those, opt for ninebot and not GW, even less... GW is still considered best performance.

27 minutes ago, Turbocharged said:

Oh, Ninebot do want to ship it! They just can't make enough of it, a lot people are lining up in China. So, if your dealer can guarantee you one soon, take it! 

But on the other hand, I don't think Z will sell a lot after the first wave of quick demand. Afterall, EUCs market isn't that big, enthusiasts are small portion of that small market, and of those, opt for ninebot and not GW, even less... GW is still considered best performance.

For that reason, because it is not about sending a rocket to the moon, there will come a time when it will have to stop and finally let it see the light, it has been a year in the investigation phase, it can not be like this indefinitely, if not when finally decide to put it on the market, could before see the skate of Michael J. Fox fly on the streets

1 hour ago, Igor K. said:

Have anybody measured wheel dimensions? Would it be possible to use a motorbike tires or so on? ..

Legit 18" diameter on the stock tire, but didn't measure the width (official is 4.1")

6 hours ago, houseofjob said:

Legit 18" diameter on the stock tire, but didn't measure the width (official is 4.1")

Yee, sure. But it seams like bike tires size, 18" outer diameter. But motorcycle tires usually have inner diameter (wheel rim) and tire profile height. So hope there will be some good fit size. May be 4.00-10 will work! Something like this :)

14172612177_6438222eab_o.jpg

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Igor K. said:

Yee, sure. But it seams like bike tires size, 18" outer diameter. But motorcycle tires usually have inner diameter (wheel rim) and tire profile height. So hope there will be some good fit size. May be 4.00-10 will work! Something like this :)

Don't quote me on this, but think the sidewalls were 2"(?), so probably a 14" rim, which would fit the 4.10-14 motorcycle standard, given enough shell clearance for the tread width.

3 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Don't quote me on this, but think the sidewalls were 2"(?), so probably a 14" rim, which would fit the 4.10-14 motorcycle standard, given enough shell clearance for the tread width.

sorry, had to quote u. 

this is all news to me!

when referencing wheel size, i thought the euc manufacturers were referencing the wheel(rim not tire size) diameter.

now i’m gonna take my tape measure and try to measure my wheels.

• Upvote 1

@houseofjob really nice review vid you made. I like you put your thoughts into it and at the same made a strong point this is not a wheel for all the Z model. But if you like it you will probably like it a lot. And that it is a different EUC is good too imho. 

Now would I but it? Probably not....for starters the trolly is somewhat important to me. Without having tied it I just think it look to impractical to me. As for V10f solution..well looks better to me but I have not tried that either..so I could be wrong.

So for now my next wheel looks to become a KS18L...

• Upvote 1

Just now, novazeus said:

sorry, had to quote u. 

this is all news to me!

when referencing wheel size, i thought the euc manufacturers were referencing the wheel(rim not tire size) diameter.

now i’m gonna take my tape measure and try to measure my wheels.

No worries~

EUC co's just use generic Chinese-made Kenda, Cheng Shin (CST), or Chao Yang (CYT) tires, think these are borrowed from e-bikes or electric scooters (Vespa-style) maybe(?), so the sizes tend to come in [Diameter in Inches] x [Width in Inches], ie. the Z's 18" x 4.1". 

But, really any tire that fits will do, so when the EUC is big enough, like the Z, you can delve in motorcycle tires, where sizes are measured in rim diameter (inches), width (inches or mm), and sidewall-to-width ratio (%).

So I've noticed they list as either [Width in inches]-[Rim Diameter in inches], like the 18" Z's 4.10-14 potentially

...... or [Width in mm]/[Sidewall-to-Width ratio in %]-[Rim Diameter in inches], like how the 10" MTen3 tire is 70/65-6.5.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Unventor said:

@houseofjob really nice review vid you made. I like you put your thoughts into it and at the same made a strong point this is not a wheel for all the Z model. But if you like it you will probably like it a lot. And that it is a different EUC is good too imho. 

Thanks! Exactly the point(s) I was trying to make!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Unventor said:

So for now my next wheel looks to become a KS18L...

From the small amount of time I tried, really don't think you'll be disappointed in the KS-18L, looks and feels like a winner IMHO!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

No worries~

EUC co's just use generic Chinese-made Kenda, Cheng Shin (CST), or Chao Yang (CYT) tires, think these are borrowed from e-bikes or electric scooters (Vespa-style) maybe(?), so the sizes tend to come in [Diameter in Inches] x [Width in Inches], ie. the Z's 18" x 4.1". 

But, really any tire that fits will do, so when the EUC is big enough, like the Z, you can delve in motorcycle tires, where sizes are measured in rim diameter (inches), width (inches or mm), and sidewall-to-width ratio (%).

So I've noticed they list as either [Width in inches]-[Rim Diameter in inches], like the 18" Z's 4.10-14 potentially

...... or [Width in mm]/[Sidewall-to-Width ratio in %]-[Rim Diameter in inches], like how the 10" MTen3 tire is 70/65-6.5.

yeah that’s nuts. i never thought about measuring the wheel diameter because when someone says 18” wheel, i think wheel, not tire diameter. 

so i just checked some of my wheels. 

my 18s is a 19” wheel, my V10F is a 17” wheel and my ks16s looks like it’s a 15.5” wheel.

i wondered why people were calling the new hotway wheel 19”.

it’s only important as a jeopardy question, but i didn’t know these wheel bldrs were inventing a new way to denote tire sizes.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

it’s the bicycle people. i said i was never a bicycle person. what a dumb way to size tires. this is from a bike tire vendor:

“ Unfortunately, the common name size for the tire is the typical outside diameter of the tire, not the wheel rim size.”

motorcycle tires aren’t sized this way.

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My seated 2-wheeler has 16” x 3” tires, and as I was shopping for winter tires I luckily accidentally found out about the differing standards. The rim size is 12”, as it is on my Lhotz and 16S. I now have motorcycle 12” x 3” snow tires on it.

The Msuper X has the same (14”?) rim size than the v3, and the tire itself says 18” x 3”. But since the tire is also a bit taller, GotWay marketing section/person/meeting decided to try and fool people even more.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

My seated 2-wheeler has 16” x 3” tires, and as I was shopping for winter tires I luckily accidentally found out about the differing standards. The rim size is 12”, as it is on my Lhotz and 16S. I now have motorcycle 12” x 3” snow tires on it.

The Msuper X has the same (14”?) rim size than the v3, and the tire itself says 18” x 3”. But since the tire is also a bit taller, GotWay marketing section/person/meeting decided to try and fool people even 

i wondered how my "16 inch" V10F could be the same size as my "16 inch" ks16s.

turns out my V10F is more like 17" and my 16s is more like 15.5".

the tire on the Z10 sb easy to measure since it's all exposed.

and inmotion says tire size is 16 x 2.5.

tmrw i'm gonna measure more accurately. just because.