@Marty Backe A Gotway loyalist through and through haha.  IMO this wheel will change the way companies will have to do their wheels.  I don't think Gotway will be able to compete with this regardless of price.  Did you see the Tesla Gotway is releasing?  Is that a joke?  It looks like 3 steps backwards in design.  My 1600 I invested a lot of money to rework the wheel right after I bought it and its a solid wheel now for sure.  This Z10 is a great leap forward.  I'll gladly pay for a quality piece of kit. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, jojo33 said:But I can no longer attach files or photos here on euc forum, because I used all my space here, so I put them on my blog

Use Imgur or Flickr ( there are others sites also) to upload your photos. You can then just copy and paste the link to the forum topic you are commenting on.  You need to choose 'public' instead of private on Flickr for the photo to appear. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Soju said:

@Marty Backe A Gotway loyalist through and through haha.  IMO this wheel will change the way companies will have to do their wheels.  I don't think Gotway will be able to compete with this regardless of price.  Did you see the Tesla Gotway is releasing?  Is that a joke?  It looks like 3 steps backwards in design.  My 1600 I invested a lot of money to rework the wheel right after I bought it and its a solid wheel now for sure.  This Z10 is a great leap forward.  I'll gladly pay for a quality piece of kit. 

We can buy and ride Gotway's right now. I'm having a blast doing so (just returned from a nice 20 mile sunset ride on my Monster). It'll probably be sometime in 2018 before we have an opportunity to ride the Z10, and lets hope it doesn't cost $3k.

I'm excited about the new Gotway offerings. I don't know why you say it's 3 steps backwards in design. We barely know anything about it yet. What do you know that I don't know? I honestly want to know :confused1:

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Henrik Olsen said:

I made this summary of what I could pick up on Model Z but seems most of it has been covered in this thread. 

Well done. Good analysis that covers all the major points plus a few addiditonal insights. I really like your videos and look forward to many more to come

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, yourtoys7 said:

If safety increased in major way, gotway will have no choice but to seriously looking into their design. I can't wait to get this wheel and my Msuper v3s will be for sale very, very quickly...

Unfortunately, no:mellow: Unless some other manufacturer can be assed to give us batteries that are significantly over 1000Wh, Gotway could do absolutely nothing and still have a lot of sales, simply for that unique selling point. I'd buy a 2400Wh Monster over ANY <1000Wh wheel, no matter how good otherwise.

What's even more infuriating, there's absolutely no good reason other manufacturers stay at or below 1000Wh, they simply refuse to offer bigger battery options! Looking at you, KS18, there's enough space in that big shell for more than 1680Wh.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, em1barns said:

@KingSong69 or other forum admins, could you please delete above post. This is just disgusting, even by French standards and has nothing to do on this forum.

35 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

The P.C. police is awake it seems. 

Are you "offended"? :P 

While i found the "tone" of the mentioned post also to rude and don't like it at all, i will not go to hide or delete that post.....

Best for such cases is not to give any Attention to such a behaviour(Really, i speak from experience)...so would be nice if we all just could go on and discuss EUC related things ;-)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, em1barns said:

@KingSong69 or other forum admins, could you please delete above post. This is just disgusting, even by French standards and has nothing to do on this forum.

i deleted it im sorry could you delete the quote too

Edited by jojo33
  • Upvote 1

Well i'm just receiving message from Mister WANG he's the Number 2 of Ninebot (segway & ninebot chief customer care), (in the middle in first line) http://www.ninebot.cn/About-team.html

he have an account on NFAN (ninebot apk social media)

i wrotte him than much people are interested in the new One Z, but like my survey on my blog showing visitors would like buy it at the chinese price, he answered me that

599172a6771fd_reponsewang.thumb.jpg.696763d1ca1067b08d31b6929da0406f.jpg

Edited by jojo33
  • Upvote 1

Pretty obvious, really. In Norway (where I live) everything is even higher priced than in the EU, and most people would never consider buying something complicated out of country, simply because the reason it's more expensive is that you have better consumer rights, and everything goes through more thorough testing. Of course, our salaries are higher er as well, due to the high cost of everything. 

Comparing prices across continents like that is never a valid comparison.

Edited by Tom Fagerland

2 minutes ago, jojo33 said:

Well i'm just receiving message from Mister WANG he's the Number 2 of Ninebot (segway & ninebot chief customer care), (in the middle in first line) http://www.ninebot.cn/About-team.html

he have an account on NFAN (ninebot apk social media)

i wrotte him than much people are interested in the new One Z, but like my survey on my blog showing visitors would like buy it at the chinese price, he answered me that

599172a6771fd_reponsewang.thumb.jpg.696763d1ca1067b08d31b6929da0406f.jpg

Yup

10% import duties + 21% VAT on top of all that, and then we have to add cost of shipping (to which VAT is added!), middle man (reseller/distributor), and cost of doing business. 50% price hike is not that far when you consider all those things.

• Upvote 1

i would like remeber what's happened with the MINI PRO in France:

in feb. 2016 it was announced at 1200 euros, he was released only in end of may/begin june for 999 euros, two month after, price fall at 799 euros, and in september/october some get it at 550 euros ! 

look amazon tracker about price variation

variaprice.PNG.a23c0d0896369368d67c9b844c3dd90a.PNG

Edited by jojo33
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

Yup

10% import duties + 21% VAT on top of all that, and then we have to add cost of shipping (to which VAT is added!), middle man (reseller/distributor), and cost of doing business. 50% price hike is not that far when you consider all those things.

Trolley and mudgard seem to be optional based on various pictures, I would not be surprised this adds 200 euros or so to the base price...

12 minutes ago, jojo33 said:

i would like remeber what's happened with the MINI PRO in France:

in feb. 2016 it was announced at 1200 euros, he was released only in end of may/begin june for 999 euros, two month after, price fall at 799 euros, and in september/october some get it at 550 euros ! 

look amazon tracker about price variation

variaprice.PNG.a23c0d0896369368d67c9b844c3dd90a.PNG

Actually the Mini Pro was annouced in Oktober/November 2015, with a release date for europe(or at least Germany) for February 2016.

Then in February 2016 the exclusiv Ninebot dealer for Germany received 5!!! Mini Pro's for complete Germany....(where i did get one for 1200 Euro) with more to come in June.

The nearly identical Ninebot Xiaomi Mini was available in China since January for 350-400$. I have to thank Ninebot for bringing me to SBU vehicle's, while i sold the boring Mini Pro directly after 6 weeks :-)

What i will say is: Take your time....and save some Money :-) Or in the meanwhile drive some nice KS or GW or IM with same/better specs ;-)

Yes, this machine looks quite good and has some nice specs( while a bit to small Batterie). What i totally doubt is that driving a One wheel on a over 4inch wide tire will be  comfortable at all, especially for driving in the wild! As far as i remember fat wide tire's only make sense on Asphalt and streets on very high Speed...moto cross machines do not have such tire's, or? Also, when i look at the -timelapse- Video in the Wood, you can see some serious bumping/jumping of the tire!

(btw.: Why the whole Video in timelapse???)

• Upvote 1

The fat tire of the Z Series may not only be nice for off-road, but also make it easier for a beginner to balance (maybe with a bit less pressure in the tire.  I'm still having a hard time learning to balance on the EUC, but I have not practiced very much due to other due to weather, time and other injuries at the most in opportune times.  If it does prove easier to master for the beginner that could be huge.

Edited by FreeRide
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, FreeRide said:

The fat tire of the Z Series may not only be nice for off-road, but also make it easier for a beginner to balance (maybe with a bit less pressure in the tire.  I'm still having a hard time learning to balance on the EUC, but I have not practiced very much due to other due to weather, time and other injuries at the most in opportune times.  If it does prove easier to master for the beginner that could be huge.

It may well be harder, because the wider tire produces a little more friction on the ground and is therefore harder to turn/twist. Twisting the wheel is the key to keep balance. It may also be harder to drive tight turns with a wider tire. 

Edited by Mono
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, FreeRide said:

Hmmh, have you ever tried a "double wheel"? Yes, it makes it totally easy to ride the first meters, but at a really expensive cost:

Every Little small Stone that you have under your wheel, will let you get away from straight riding...Curve riding gets ridiculous as you have to Balance on only one of the wheels.

Also if going down a step or a curbstone, you can't do that in an angle...as parts of your wheel then fall down, while the rest is still on the curbstone!

I would suspect this same behaviour to a wide tire...perhaps not as bad as on a two wheel EUC, but coming near.

Edited by KingSong69