26 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I did something similar a few years back and also added blunt grip studs.

30713464624_652fdb79b9_b.jpg

The new grip tape I currently use has a courser grit surface to further prevent foot slippage

42078106891_6978ff88c1_b.jpg

your v10f pedal modification looks great. how does feel compared to stock? probably already know the answer.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, novazeus said:

your v10f pedal modification looks great. how does feel compared to stock? probably already know the answer.

Unfortunately I never rode it before the mods.  My feet feel grounded while standing on grit so I did not want my feet to slip off at this stage of my recovery.  @Marty Backe stated his feet slipped off during his test ride so that was proof enough for me. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Unfortunately I never rode it before the mods.  My feet feel grounded while standing on grit so I did not want my feet to slip off at this stage of my recovery.  @Marty Backe stated his feet slipped off during his test ride so that was proof enough for me. 

Did you put strips between the rubber pads to affix the tape?

In the likelihood that some of you have not seen the topic below, it's quite surprising to see that official employees of Segway Ninebot China are proposing to sell a few units of ONE Z

If Ninebot China post here to sell directly ONE Z, what will think Segway USA?

I find it very strange, and you?

Edited by jojo33

17 hours ago, maltocs said:

My Ninebot app just showed an update, this is a good sign I think.

Screenshot_20180524-221922_Segway-Ninebot.jpg

Updated mine today, there were still European fans moments, maybe they are soon to go away.  The slots game is back. 

Not sure because I hardly ever ride with the app on, but the speedometer looks smaller.

Looks like anyone upgrading from an older ninebot will be able to connect to a Z series wheel without having to download a new app.  Probably just have to register  the new wheel.

Oh, when I opened the updated app, it said my location was China, and I didn't see a way to change it.  I just selected the agree button to use the app.

Edited by steve454

I ride the 2018 nibebot mini plus 2wheeler,  if the z series is anything like it (and the specs here makes me believe it is) I expect a lot of disappointed buyers.

My plus ratings. 

Max speed

20km/h, actual Max before tilt back occur and stated in app 19km/h, actual speed at 19ion app 16km/h

Max power

2*800W (but nominal acc to sticker 2*400W)

Possibility to stretch limits like increase Max speed like got way and the rest:

0% possibility The old nine not firmware has been nodded by some Russian guys (soldering too) which made it achieve 23km/h (I guess with low accel)

Riding safety:

Very high.  I have managed to cut out twice. 

Once by pushing it to Max and as soon as tilt back decrease,  heavy fwd l lean. Saw Speedo in app flashing 24-25km/h then me and the camera went tumbling

Once by pushing it to Max in gravel and trying to make a wide skid in the gravel (drifting kindoff). While this worked nice at around 75% speed,  at Max it very close to,  it went bonkers and threw me off. Funny thing it has always stayed upright afterwards so I guess it always cut out on one wheel and the other manages to keep it vertical while making an insanely sharp turn (which threw me off both times, straight ahead no problem to run ahead but unexpected...kind off.. in a turn... and also after a beer or two:-) balance on my body is not enough to fix it so it turned into carpet burn elbows (gotta get me a set of protection before next extreme test I think)

Anyway,  there is no one beep, two beep, three beep since its so slow.  It's just three beep, tilt back and that's it.  The rated power would likely be enough to bring it to 25km/h easy on a good road of not accelerating heavy,  but nibebot choose a very safe route which translates to lower Max speed and no user fiddling with those limits. I doubt they will take a different route with a mono wheel. 

And with low voltage they need to either:

- push heavy amps to achieve higher power

- and/or have a lot more efficient motor to get in the same power speed area of inmotion v10f or the likes

With that said,  I think 35-40km/h real speed for the z10 is likely and less for the z8 z6 . Accel i doubt is as good as the high voltage competition.  

But... the electronics seem a lot more sophisticated than the "noob electrician circuit boards" of the gotways so it will likely be a problem free ride,  no burnt mosfets or over heat.

I would compare nibebot with Apple,  a decent ride that you are locked in to the territory that the manufacturer choose. Decent, safe but pretty boring. But hey.. it looks Fab ?

Gotway would be android.  All the features you can ask for and YOU decide how much you want to use/ push limits. You can push over the limit and face plant if you fancy,  but you can also stay at 85-90% and pass ninebot with ease with power left at the finish line ?

inmotion would be the in betweener of the two above.  Lagom... very Swedish, and probably a safe bet for everyone except the hard-core people or the very "It's all about looks" people who don't even download the app.. since they don't care about extras (or know that there isn't any anyway)

we will see ?

Boogie

Edited by Boogieman
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bigwheel said:

What's the latest info on buying these in Europe? Will they be limited in speed?  Are there any recommended sites to order from?

Your best bet is probably Speedyfeet https://www.speedyfeet.co.uk/ good reputation, very supportive with video’s on YouTube etc. or Project 42 which I detailed in your other post. Don’t be fooled by another U.K. company that says it has exclusive rights to the U.K. Ninebot market, and appears to be offering pre-order with full payment for the Z series wheels.  It appears to have an exclusive contract with some Chinese shipping company - not Segway/Ninebot. There is plenty of discussion on this forum that Ninebot do not seem to be in a hurry to get European CE certification.

It is not clear to me if buying a non-CE certified Ninebot direct from China might result in it not connecting to an App so preventing any speed changes etc. Assuming you even got it through import OK. 

Edited by Keith
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Keith said:

Your best bet is probably Speedyfeet https://www.speedyfeet.co.uk/ good reputation, very supportive with video’s on YouTube etc. or Project 42 which I detailed in your other post. Don’t be fooled by another U.K. company that says it has exclusive rights to the U.K. Ninebot market, and appears to be offering pre-order with full payment for the Z series wheels.  It appears to have an exclusive contract with some Chinese shipping company - not Segway/Ninebot. There is plenty of discussion on this forum that Ninebot do not seem to be in a hurry to get European CE certification.

It is not clear to me if buying a non-CE certified Ninebot direct from China might result in it not connecting to an App so preventing any speed changes etc. Assuming you even got it through import OK. 

Good advice, especially buying abroad and being cut off due to regional issues. Thanks for the link :)

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Turbocharged said:

Two of my firends and I took Ninebot One Z10, V10F and GT16 to the nearby mountain road in Beijing for a test. The trip is about 15 km, with a lot of twisting corners and constant uphill and downhill slopes, even some 20 degree plus challenging ones. The road surface is mainly smooth concrete, and the air temperature was around 22 degreec C or 72 degree F.

The result for the One Z10 is a bit of a disapointment.

The board temperature raised way too quick, it reached 80 degree C (warning threshhold, about 176 degree F) while GT16 and V10F were only at low 50s degree, 125 degree F. We had to let it cool down before we could continue. We never really pushed the One Z after the it reached 80 degree the first time, but it still triggered temperature warning 2 more times during the test.

1424965211__20180531074624.jpg.b5ea6ce93b4400a0a3aa30309c6d92b5.jpg

One Z's power output on the slopes is quite low, feel like it is not providing enough torque. It's having major trouble trying to keep up with V10F and GT16 the whole time.

The problem is about the 58.8V design. In order to achieve 45 km/h top speed with enough safty redundancy, One Z motor could reach 1000 RPM, free spin at around 80 km/h speed, for the same torque, One Z requires 1.4-2 times of amp, temperature control is very challenging compare to those 84V units.

As far as I know, there won't be any major change made to improve the temperature control for production units, and combined with the agility problems, I guess mountian riders may have to look else where. Well, the V10F was amazing during the test.

At least the view was good...

474571957_.thumb.jpg.0273b5e7544b90e50d7b8e6209d9ea2c.jpg

Very interesting, and depressing :crying:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Turbocharged said:

Two of my firends and I took Ninebot One Z10, V10F and GT16 to the nearby mountain road in Beijing for a test. The trip is about 15 km, with a lot of twisting corners and constant uphill and downhill slopes, even some 20 degree plus challenging ones. The road surface is mainly smooth concrete, and the air temperature was around 22 degreec C or 72 degree F.

The board temperature raised way too quick, it reached 80 degree C (warning threshhold, about 176 degree F) while GT16 and V10F were only at low 50s degree, 125 degree F. We had to let it cool down before we could continue. We never really pushed the One Z after the it reached 80 degree the first time, but it still triggered temperature warning 2 more times during the test.

1424965211__20180531074624.jpg.b5ea6ce93b4400a0a3aa30309c6d92b5.jpg

One Z's power output on the slopes is quite low, feel like it is not providing enough torque. It's having major trouble trying to keep up with V10F and GT16 the whole time.

The problem is about the 58.8V design. In order to achieve 45 km/h top speed with enough safty redundancy, One Z motor could reach 1000 RPM, free spin at around 80 km/h speed, for the same torque, One Z requires 1.4-2 times of amp, temperature control is very challenging compare to those 84V units.

As far as I know, there won't be any major change made to improve the temperature control for production units, and combined with the agility problems, I guess mountian riders may have to look else where. Well, the V10F was amazing during the test.

At least the view was good...

474571957_.thumb.jpg.0273b5e7544b90e50d7b8e6209d9ea2c.jpg

this should not surprise anyone, Ninebot Z works at 57V while others work at 82V

I have no extended challenging hills to confront on any of my routes, BUT, The Z-line is fading fast in light of the Super X, KS18L. I doubt I will wait for the Z-line, especially if the Super X and KS18L hit the market first with no systemic QA problems. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Jerome said:

No tengo colinas desafiantes para enfrentar en ninguna de mis rutas, PERO, la línea Z se está desvaneciendo rápidamente a la luz de la Super X, KS18L. Dudo que esperaré por la línea Z, especialmente si Super X y KS18L llegan primero al mercado sin problemas sistémicos de control de calidad. 

Obviously investing in Super X or 18L is bet without uncertainties to the winning horse, I think we all know that, but it is more the same. The Z has that differential that stands out above all others and that is the origin of all its problems. I just hope that his performance is not as horrible as all the prophets of the apocalypse (with well-founded reasons) telling here

Edited by RoberAce
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, RoberAce said:

Obviously investing in Super X or 18L is bet without uncertainties to the winning horse, I think we all know that. The Z has that differential that stands out above all others and that is the origin of all its problems. I just hope that his performance is not as horrible as all the prophets of the apocalypse (with well-founded reasons) telling here

I have an 9B1 E+. I want another Ninebot because they repair broken units, and I live near their repair facility. I also want a 18" wheel to better deal with the horrible streets and sidewalks in my large city. and I think I think the larger wheel will fit well with my 6' 4" height. The 4" tire width on the Z-line "seems" like a good idea for riding stability. The 3" width Super X wheel, however, is a good compromise, and it is more powerful, can cruise comfortably at the Z10's maximum speed and has a larger battery. If it has problems, however, I would have to pay someone to fix it. The 18L has the looks for me, second only to the Z-line and is less likely to required repair(s), BUT, if it does break, I have to pay someone to fix it. The price of the Z8 will likely decide which way I will buy. I don't need a top range wheel, so if the Z8 is  <= $1300 USD, I "might" wait, otherwise my choice is likely to be the 18L or Super X. Among 16' wheels, it is a choice between the Tesla and ACM2 . The 10/10F come into play with a drop in price. I give little weight to reviewers in whom's taste, size-strength and possible affiliations are unknown to me. Arriba Ninebot .. por favor.

Edited by Jerome
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Turbocharged said:

A new one...

I am not waiting anymore, too much red flags and too much of waiting. If Ninebot reads this, they have very well responded to most of these red flags but they made us waiting for far too long (almost an entire year). We don't even know the pricing in western countries. The idea of a tubeless tire seems awesome but what's the point of dreaming about it and don't really have it for now ? I am just looking for a good price/quality ratio and reliability. The way I over-use my One S2 is probably damaging its battery so... I'm sorry to leave this brand but I'm ordering the V10F

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jerome said:

I also want a 18" wheel to better deal with the horrible streets and sidewalks in my large city. and I think I think the larger wheel will fit well with my 6' 4" height. The 4" tire width on the Z-line "seems" like a good idea for riding stability. 

One Z does cope well with “the horrible streets and sidewalks”, just may not be as comfortable as you would liked, the tubeless tire is very stiff, so the ride is a bit harsh. And if you just look to cruise around town hoping for a stable feel, and don’t mind a bit of limited agility, Z maybe quite good for you since stability in a straight line is very good on a Z.

• Like 1