On 5/12/2018 at 9:52 AM, Demargon said:

then the range of 100km and and top speed of 45 km/h are also loading 150kg. I doubt it

I was just thinking... maybe 150kg is TOTAL WEIGHT (inc EUC)...which would make rider weight 130ish kg :)

On 5/5/2018 at 1:16 PM, Electroman said:

Yes, people should know that Backe = a slope in the Swedish language, 

It leads me to believe that

-Martin (very common in Sweden)

-Backe (Swedish Word, certainly not English)

Is originally coming from Sweden...or his ancestors.

Based on his calm, fact based, non exaggerated reviews i also sense the "Swedish lagom" (lagom=not too much, not to little (but still not the same as average)...a word only available in Sweden = hard to translate, but it also describes Swedes very well. We (mostly) dont exaggerate except when drunk or after catching a big fish :), but are also not overly modest.

Lagom can sometimes be misinterpreted by the word boring, depending on age group, toxidity level and expected(wanted) outcome ? but for a correct review, lagom can not be beat! ?

Nuffofftopic, where are all the z10movies with 150kg drivers climbing a 30° inclination hill at 45km/h 

Oh...and is that max climb angle maybe based on

GRADIANS (400grad on a circle) instead of degrees (360 on a circle)

?

Edited by Boogieman
  • Like 3

On 5/8/2018 at 8:53 PM, Imarconi said:

They actually have at least one Z10!

I bought my Tesla there, best store in Europe 100%

31B18234-2A49-406F-98EF-D6A577DDAE08.jpeg

it is a T0 sample. How can they sell it in the store when ONE Z doesn't have CE yet?

ps. handlebar and mudguard are included in the box.

26 minutes ago, cloudust said:

it is a T0 sample. How can they sell it in the store when ONE Z doesn't have CE yet?

ps. handlebar and mudguard are included in the box.

It is a BETA Z10 Versión he has at the store only for test (notice it has not carbon finish), and far as I know that copy was breakdown a few days ago, and it doesn't work

14 hours ago, Boogieman said:

It leads me to believe that

-Martin (very common in Sweden)

-Backe (Swedish Word, certainly not English)

Is originally coming from Sweden...or his ancestors.

Based on his calm, fact based, non exaggerated reviews i also sense the "Swedish lagom" (lagom=not too much, not to little (but still not the same as average)...a word only available in Sweden = hard to translate, but it also describes Swedes very well. We (mostly) dont exaggerate except when drunk or after catching a big fish :), but are also not overly modest.

Lagom can sometimes be misinterpreted by the word boring, depending on age group, toxidity level and expected(wanted) outcome ? but for a correct review, lagom can not be beat! ?

Nuffofftopic, where are all the z10movies with 150kg drivers climbing a 30° inclination hill at 45km/h 

Oh...and is that max climb angle maybe based on

GRADIANS (400grad on a circle) instead of degrees (360 on a circle)

?

I don't know if it is a myth or not. But I have heard that the word "lagom" comes from the words "lag" as in team/crowd and the word "om" which in this context means around/going around. So lagom means something like "around the whole team" and refers to the sharing of beer or mjoed, in the olden days. Everybody tried to drink just their own share, and they succeeded if the last guy in the crowd got his share and the tankard then was empty.

That aside, I too am waiting for the videos where they show what this wheel really can do. What are they waiting for?

9 minutes ago, Scatcat said:

I don't know if it is a myth or not. But I have heard that the word "lagom" comes from the words "lag" as in team/crowd and the word "om" which in this context means around/going around. So lagom means something like "around the whole team" and refers to the sharing of beer or mjoed, in the olden days. Everybody tried to drink just their own share, and they succeeded if the last guy in the crowd got his share and the tankard then was empty.

That aside, I too am waiting for the videos where they show what this wheel really can do. What are they waiting for?

I still have bad feelings, I think it could be a resounding failure

4 hours ago, RoberAce said:

I still have bad feelings, I think it could be a resounding failure

I suppose you all have seen this review: 

So we might need to screw down our expectations a notch or two. I wonder what’s the reasoning behind having changed the pedals from the stylish ones of the prototype to these clumsy ones we know from the E+. Does anybody know? I would buy the Z10 mainly because of its super cool design. And these revised ugly pedals that we shall get might almost be a reason to reconsider. May be the new 100V Monster is after all the better choice?!

17 minutes ago, Toshio Uemura said:

I suppose you all have seen this review: 

[removed video]

So we might need to screw down our expectations a notch or two. I wonder what’s the reasoning behind having changed the pedals from the stylish ones of the prototype to these clumsy ones we know from the E+. Does anybody know? I would buy the Z10 mainly because of its super cool design. And these revised ugly pedals that we shall get might almost be a reason to reconsider. May be the new 100V Monster is after all the better choice?!

I don't know if you realized. But this video has been posted on this same thread already. You don't have to repost it when it is only a couple pages back.

Side note: I kinda wish there was an option in this forum to edit video and picture display sizes. Unless there is then I need to find it.

2 minutes ago, Esper said:

I don't know if you realized. But this video has been posted on this same thread already. You don't have to repost it when it is only a couple pages back.

Side note: I kinda wish there was an option in this forum to edit video and picture display sizes. Unless there is then I need to find it.

Sorry! I hadn’t realized. I just found it myself on youTube by accident.

6 minutes ago, Toshio Uemura said:

Sorry! I hadn’t realized. I just found it myself on youTube by accident.

No, this video is not the reason, I have been talking with Alex the owner of Z10 Beta in Spain.

44 minutes ago, Toshio Uemura said:

Well there are many concerns for the Z series, the 58.8V operating voltage, the limited battery, the pedals,  the ugly handle and mud flap that ruin the design. When you take all these into consideration, the Z series has high chance of disappointing, more than any new wheel coming out this yeat.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Adel said:

Well there are many concerns for the Z series, the 58.8V operating voltage, the limited battery, the pedals,  the ugly handle and mud flap that ruin the design. When you take all these into consideration, the Z series has high chance of disappointing, more than any new wheel coming out this yeat.

Yeat.. hehe.

I really like this wheel. My entire reason for buying is the wide wheel. I wish the device had some generic attachment points that were shown. If you want to make your own handle or mud flap then you could use the attachment points. More modular would be nice I suppose. Its kinda weird that not everyone knows that the stats were assessed with a bigger weight than most other wheels so it makes this wheel seem worse. I like that the led light panel is within the unit to prevent damage to it in a fall but this would also mean that replacing the led light strip would be a little harder. 

About the pedals... Does anyone have an idea as why the older ones are being used? My opinion is that the first batch of the new ones had a flaw and they had to remake them so instead used the older ones. It would be nice if they came with a discount because of the pedals being the old ones and then sold the new pedals for the difference. 

All I want is a backpack for this wheel. I know it will be heavy. But still. A nice foam back to prevent digging in, with heavy reinforced straps and double stitching. With both a waist and chest strap. And a zipper (like a suitcase) that makes the bag smaller when it doesn't have the wheel in it. 

16 minutes ago, Confusius15 said:

Are you sure about that ?

Well. If you look at pg 1, the first post on this thread lists the stats on the device based on a 150 kg load, where as other wheels list it with a smaller 120 kg load. This is reaffirmed on page 52 by other people. But not everyone likes to read I guess... 

Edited by Esper
clarification

Range: V10 43 miles max, V10F 55-62 miles max
Motor Power: V10 1800W, V10F 2000W (sustained for long periods, can peak much higher)
Battery: V10 8.8AH 650WH, V10F 12.8AH, 960WH
Charging Time: V10 6 hours, V10F 8 hours
Speed: 25 mph
Climbing Angle: 30 degrees
Tire: 16 x 2.5 in 
Weight: 45.4 lbs 
Payload: 260 lbs AKA 118 kg
IP Rating: IP55
Active Cooling System for high-performance internal components
Lights: Front, rear, and side LED (fully customizable in app, can be turned off with or w/o app)
Charger Output: DC 84V* 1.5A
Advanced in-app statistics give you access to data to track your performance and usage habits
Engineered from the ground up for optimal weight distribution and uncompromising form factor

z10 final fantasy
TOP SPEED 45KMH
BATTERY 1000WH
MOTOR 1800W
CHARGE NOMINALE 80-100KM
150KG AKA 330 LBS
ANGLE D ESCALADE/ANGLE CLIMB 25°

@Confusius15 Obviously if all the companies used the same exact testing methods we could compare stats across manufacturers easier. But based on the information available, it is most likely that each company does their tests with different payload weights which effects the specifications of the wheel a little different, such as, range, top speed, hill climbing angle. So I was simply saying that because the listed load, which I have to assume is also the tested load because what else would it be if it is not listed, is heavier than the listed load of other wheels, the stats are shown a little lower than other EUCs.

Edited by Esper
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Esper said:

So, tell me then, what is the test load done with if not 150 kg?

I don't know, I'm saying I thought it was something more like the other manufacturers. With this reasoning, my One S2 should carry me up to 25-35 km if I weighed 90 kg. However, I weigh around 60 kg and my maximum mileage is around 20 km... I doubt that with 30 kg more I could have ridden more...

(By the way, if the Z follows the same trend I would ride for around 60 km with the Z10, I could be satisfied with that though disappointed compared to the announced 80...)

Edited by Confusius15
  • Like 1

@Confusius15 Less weight would mean further range, and increasing that would directly effect that number. The S2 was based on 120 kg in optimal conditions. Flat, ground and steady speeds. The way the electric motor works compared to a combustion engine are different. Max range is effected by speed, incline, acceleration, and weight.

Things that eat a lot of power:

• Hard acceleration,
  • Going up hills,
  • Speeding up and slowing down frequently,
  • Carrying a heavier load,
  • Going max speed.

If you avoid these, then you should reach your 25-30 km range you expect. But, also note, that a low battery uses more energy to go the same distance that a full battery does. So going slower lets you go further.

• Upvote 1

On 5/6/2018 at 7:07 AM, Confusius15 said:

Apparently they've just add English subtitles

Edit : Only for the first 2 minutes...

On 5/6/2018 at 9:44 AM, MacPara said:

4.5 minutes now

On 5/8/2018 at 6:51 PM, FreeRide said:

0:6:40 now. I hope they continue to do the rest. 

11:40 now.  Covers some of the basic ride feel.

Edited by FreeRide
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Adel said:

None of these concerns are show-stoppers for me. The E+ pedals are decent if unexciting. The prototype-style pedals (or similar) might become available as an aftermarket part from a third party. Ditto for the mud-flap @EUC GUY? and handle. The smallish battery and consequent range are my only concerns: if real-world range is 30 miles or less, that will be the biggest problem. If it can achieve 40-50 miles with medium-hard riding, then the Z10 will be worth $1500-1600. 

Ninebot has obviously invested a lot into this design, so I also expect they will follow with a Z+ to address some of these issues. Overall, I think the design, specs and performance will be consistent with Ninebot's previous efforts: very stylish, innovative aesthetic; middle-of-the-road performance; durable and well-made; and affordable. Kind of like a Mac desktop, except for the price ?

Edited by litewave

Well with all this uncertainty and no idea of when it will really be available in USA or Canada, I decided and ordered a V10F even though the 18" fat wheel and appearance of the Z10 was my hope for the upgrade from my 9B1 C+. Now, I need to lose some weight because I am close to the 260 pounds!   :(

• Like 3