12 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

If you look at the explosion drawing/blueprint on the previous page, you see inside the fat tire is a regular-width motor. So the batteries can bulge in on both sides.

I'm still having trouble seeing this, even in the exploded view, but it's a plausible theory.

Edited by MaxLinux

Yep, the outermost grey thing seems to be the battery, and you can see it has a bulge towards the inside. It look asymmetric (bulge almost goes to the bottom, but not to the top. Like this:

37174.jpg

37175.jpg

In the end, it's only 500Wh per side max, not that much space needed. The 20700 should also be slightly more space-efficient. And two layers are only 4cm thick.

--

offtopic: What are the usual specs on the 20700 cells? 0% voltage = ? 100% voltage = ? Nominal voltage = ? Capacity = ??? mAh?

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

It looks like all of the models could easily go up those grades! The ACM 1600, V5F+, V8 and KS 16S had no problem going up a 20% grade yesterday. The ACM did struggle with the 30% grade.

20° = 36% , 25° = 46% 

edit: sorry just saw @Mono's post

Edited by Dancer

51 minutes ago, Tom Fagerland said:

FORTY-SIX percent? Is that even possible on anything wheeled? I mean, how the hell do you get grip?

A lateral acceleration of more than 1 g = 1 kg m / s^2 in a sports car is easily possible (F1 cars can do more than 4 g). That means, at 1 g, the force vector has an angle of 45º to the surface retaining grip and control without (much) sliding. Grip-wise, this 45º is the same situation as going a 100% incline sideways.

Edited by Mono

51 minutes ago, Mono said:

A lateral acceleration of more than 1 g = 1 kg m / s^2 in a sports car is easily possible (F1 cars can do more than 4 g). That means, at 1 g, the force vector has an angle of 45º to the surface retaining grip and control without (much) sliding. Grip-wise, this 45º is the same situation as going a 100% incline sideways.

Bah, you can't science your way out of this! We all know it's magic!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Mono said:

In any case, it is for sure that this gets confused all the time, possibly also on home-made signs.

I believe I stated 20% and 30 % grades. Yes discussing grades and percentages can be confusing. I greatly appreciate your comparative table.

Regarding the 'Home- Made Sign you are referring to, that was the Michigan Techical Resource Park's proving grounds sign. http://www.mitrp.com/

This is a highly reputable multi-million dollar facility that routinely tests both civilian and military vehicles. Both the 20% and 30% hill grades are extremely precise!

36123859760_92d898dab4_b.jpg

Edited by Rehab1
  • Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I believe I stated 20% and 30 % grades. Yes discussing grades and percentages can be confusing. I greatly appreciate your comparative table.

Regarding the 'Home- Made Sign you are referring to, that was the Michigan Techical Resource Park's proving grounds sign. This is a reputable multi-million dollar facility that routinely tests both civilian and military vehicles. Both the 20% and 30% hill grades are extremely precise!

I think the problem is my lack of knowledge of English and the ambiguity of the meaning of the word grade. I understood grade to be the degree unit (like I believe in "discussing grades and percentages can be confusing"), which makes % grade rather confusing. Now I guess that you are using grade to mean incline or slope without a unit specification. That makes perfectly sense then and I hope that now I got this figured out right.

Edited by Mono
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Mono said:

Now I guess that you are using grade to mean incline or slope without a unit specification. That makes perfectly sense then and I hope that now I got this figured out right.

Yes that is correct.:)

Edit: Here is a chart I used in the past that depicts the difference.

36142947780_0493065d56.jpg

Edited by Rehab1
  • Upvote 1

This sort of wheel would never be for me personally....but I can imagine anyone who is into the msupers/monsters should be pretty happy.

I dont know why but looks-wise it's reminding me of that tank from Aliens. Game over man, GAME OVER!

latest.png

Edited by Paddylaz
  • Upvote 3

Oopsie, confused this and the Gotway 16' thing which has 20700s I believe. 16850 18650 it is then.

Then maybe (unlike in the video) the cells are transversal (like on the V8). Makes no sense but the rounded top of the battery is confusing.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
numbers

17 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Oopsie, confused this and the Gotway 16' thing which has 20700s I believe. 16850 18650 it is then.

Then maybe (unlike in the video) the cells are transversal (like on the V8). Makes no sense but the rounded top of the battery is confusing.

The new Gotway 16" also matches the 18650 numbers....1036wh is what comes out of 80 cells 18650....

Until now only the I5 uses the 20700 (havent check for the new m10).

the cell is still really expensive and afaik not available in big numbers nowadays

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Weren't there rumors of it being called "Tesla" and therefore having those 20700s? Apparently just rumors...thing is ugly anyways so who cares;)

Yip, really ugly! And i dont know whatmakes them go from 120cells to 80cells on a more powerfull motor...

That means more stress for the cells...

But perhaps they fool everyone in selling a 1600wh version 2-3 months later, like they did with the v3?

On 13/08/2017 at 4:12 PM, Jason McNeil said:

News from my Ninebot contact about a release date: "Hi Jason,ninebot one z will ba launched next year"

Hum...well if not pass FCC AGREEMENT yet  but can comes sooner 

Hey tomorrow you will have a big day ! Your local segway seems have something to show you ? 

I think it's for release Segway Smart Miniplus and Loomo  (bot get fcc ok last month  )

Edited by jojo33
  • Upvote 1

Fcc for radiate crazy radio yes MSDS for batterie....components

I think all is ready yet

Because all test on laboratories were made in a local mandatory official laboratory sometimes i saw date of document is more old un month than fcc request date and date of agreement

If tomorrow ninebot send documents to fcc Ninebot obtain super fast autorization take 10 days https://fccid.io/2ALS8-NB5213/Letter/Authorization-3474597

Here exemple for fcc agreement all documents Ninebot gives https://fccid.io/2ALS8-NB5213 

Its more for logistic and marketing if release z next year

Look, russian are selling Mini plus 2 weeks after it was release in China... I think they took Transsiberian train to Beijing its only 100 dollars one way , and they bring to russia without lithium-ion problème like by air....

Edited by jojo33
  • Upvote 3