15 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Congrats!

My Z Turning Philosophy:

• Initial Z Feet Positioning 
    • feet are wide, parallel, & away from the Z body
    • outer edges of my size US M 8.5 feet hang slightly over the outside edge of the pedals
    • balls of my feet are flush with the front of the pedals
    • heels are slightly more back of the pedals and angled slightly wider than my toes (so I can hook-wrap my outside turn leg around the back of the Z for turns).
  • Initiation of a Z Turn
    • my outside turn leg will lock (weight emphasis on the heel, overall feeling is like you're doing a one-leg trick when fully into the turn), and my inner turn leg will bend (weight emphasis on the ball/forefoot)
    • body will lean in the above position slightly forward and towards the turn-side, but not too dramatically at the initiation
    • slightly more weight is placed on the outside turn leg (I always refer to this as 'sticking' the outside turn leg)
    • all of the above, combined with the fact that the Z itself is slightly leaning into the turn direction, will feel like you are in a lunge (remember, the feet are still parallel)
  • Completing the Turn
    • as I turn, I smoothly transfer the weight emphasis from my locked outside turn leg heel to my bent inner turn leg forefoot/ball
    • the body will lean more into the turn-side as the above happens. The Z itself will move the least (gyroscopic effect)
    • for sharper turns, I will reverse the ball/heel emphasis; so my locked outer turn leg will actually be on tip-toe (instead of heel), while the bent inner turn leg will be on the heel, weight emphasis and transfer being the same. What this tip-toe-ing does is elongates your outer turn leg for greater lean and leverage, as you can almost hang off the Z due to the greater gyroscopic upright force of the wide.

This is probably due to the MSX being tuned very hard, even in it's softest mode, thus requiring greater force to accelerate.

Looks like I’ve got some homework to do 🤓. Thanks, this gives me something to work with. Does this foot position help with the wobbles that everyone seems to get?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jpd said:

Does this foot position help with the wobbles that everyone seems to get?

Yes, as wobbles are solved when you emphasize the net weight to one side (outside turn leg on initiation of the turn).

Wobbles on any wheel happen when you are trying to have equal weight over both feet, which, when rocked ever so slightly at higher speeds, will create dual angular momentum forces that influence the rolling EUC in opposing directions, thus leading to wobbling.

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 2

What @houseofjob said x 10.

• Wide stance so you can suppinate your feet on the outside edges of the pedals.  I dont do the pigeon foot thing (toes in, heels out) cos i cant get used to it, instead im more parallel or slightly toe out.
  • My legs never touch the sides of the unit, i use weight position to complete all my turns, never pushing it over with my leg.
  • Hips and Shoulders lead every turn i complete.
  • Because my feet hang off the sides i scrape them before i scrape pedals, its a nice little warning before i get into a position i could catch a pedal on the ground.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Alex_from_NZ said:
  • Wide stance so you can suppinate your feet on the outside edges of the pedals.  I dont do the pigeon foot thing (toes in, heels out) cos i cant get used to it, instead im more parallel or slightly toe out.

This could be just due to my being 5'8" in height. I could imagine the body physics for different heighted riders could yield different positionings.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jpd said:

Yeah baby, I finally got one!!! I’ve  been looking forward to getting a z10 for quite awhile now. Big shout out to @that0n3guy for selling me his z10 for a great price.  

Im sure I will be putting some serious miles on this wheel in the coming months. Does anyone have any tips to help with turning (that’s the first thing I noticed) ? I have an msx and a v10f with a total of around 1000 miles on them, but this z10 is definitely a different beast. 

Yes, sell it on, and turn it back into cash.:D Sorry I couldn't resist.  I don't like wheels that refuse to lean into a turn.  It's insubordination and I wont tolerate it.;)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Smoother said:

Yes, sell it on, and turn it back into cash.:D Sorry I couldn't resist.  I don't like wheels that refuse to lean into a turn.  It's insubordination and I wont tolerate it.;)

Rather - dear chap. Each to their own.  Also recently bought a barely used ( not even 3 months old ) one 2 days ago  from this forum - as was a bit wary of the recent batch with 'dormant' battery issues  ( big shout also to Ju Reader ) - it does turn, if you have prior motorcycle riding experience and love like cornering at high speed. It's being delivered this weekend and can't wait to scrape those pedals!

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Bobjai69 said:

Rather - dear chap. Each to their own.  Also recently bought a barely used ( not even 3 months old ) one 2 days ago  from this forum - as was a bit wary of the recent batch with 'dormant' battery issues  ( big shout also to Ju Reader ) - it does turn, if you have prior motorcycle riding experience and love like cornering at high speed. It's being delivered this weekend and can't wait to scrape those pedals!

This is why I wanted to purchase used, to insure there were no issues with the battery. 

Good luck 🍀 

Hello, I'm Christophe, from France ! 😊 I received my new Ninebot One Z10 in december and I love riding on it ! 😎 I had previously a Ninebot One S2. Here is some offroad tests with my Z10. Sorry for the vertical video, the camera angle is not very large and crops my head or my wheel, so I put it in portrait mode... More EUC vids on my YouTube channel LeTof57 ! 😉 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello @palachzzz  great suspension (also workout)!  on uneven terrain/snow holes/drops it is probably the only way to stay ON the wheel without being "expedited" high into the air which will end up in the crash.  

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, if anyone could send me one or more pictures (in high definition) of the ONE Z sketch from the user manual, thank you very much:efeeb35c09:

like this image.pngimage.png

Edited by jojo33

5 hours ago, jojo33 said:

Hi everyone, if anyone could send me one or more pictures (in high definition) of the ONE Z sketch from the user manual, thank you very much:efeeb35c09:

like this image.pngimage.png

Here's a PDF of the manual: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3e8q0v2z3od7lxg/Ninebot Z10 Manual.pdf?dl=0

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

From the manual ...

Daily Maintenance
Tip: a fully charged Ninebot One Z can remain on standby mode for about 120 to 180 days. After that, over discharge will occur and the battery may be damaged. This damage is irreversible. Note that a smart chip is embedded in the battery that records when its charged and discharged. If battery is not charged for long time and get the irreversible damage aforesaid will void the warranty.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nic said:

From the manual ...

Daily Maintenance
Tip: a fully charged Ninebot One Z can remain on standby mode for about 120 to 180 days. After that, over discharge will occur and the battery may be damaged. This damage is irreversible. Note that a smart chip is embedded in the battery that records when its charged and discharged. If battery is not charged for long time and get the irreversible damage aforesaid will void the warranty.

Great catch! Maybe I should read the manual more closely :huh:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, ruohki said:

Out of curiosity: you still think a z10 is worth buying?

Absolutely! It will be difficult at first to get used to, but once you do you will love it. I have 3 other wheels that I don’t ride because the z10 makes them feel cheap, imho.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, ruohki said:

Out of curiosity: you still think a z10 is worth buying?

:wub: my Z10. I don't grab it much for distance rides because of it's limited range, but it's my go-to wheel for around town. So fun to ride.

• Like 1

@Marty Backe, so the Z10 replaces your AcmV2 as your favourite wheel? Interesting! Never thought the Acm would be demoted. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ED209 said:

@Marty Backe, so the Z10 replaces your AcmV2 as your favourite wheel? Interesting! Never thought the Acm would be demoted. 

I didn't quite say that it's my favorite. I've always said that the ACM is my favorite all-around general purpose wheel. If I only could have one wheel I'd keep my ACM2.

But I have many wheels and many of them excel in different areas. So I end up riding my ACM2 less than when I only had a few wheels. For around-town riding I rarely grab the ACM. Mostly it's the Z10 - because it's so fun and easy to do slow speed maneuvers, such as when I'm waiting at stop lights, etc.

• Like 1