1 hour ago, RoberAce said:

Nice. I love your Z10 videos :cheers:

BTW, from the shadow on the ground, am I right that you have the Insta X mounted in the Venture Case? I've been trying to decide whether I should buy one and if the video quality would suffer. I can't find anyone who has the Venture Case.

Also, I'm always curious how people edit their videos. What's the process that you are using to get the speed overlay on top of the video?

Edited by Marty Backe

1 hour ago, RoberAce said:

Hi Marty, yes, indeed I have the Venture case of the insta360, I do not always use it because I think it slightly worsens the image but it is necessary in very intense action filming where you can easily ruin the camera, watch this video in minute 1: 56 I hited the camera against the ground that thanks to the Venture Case did not suffer any scratch. In that secuence I carry the original 120cm stick of insta360 and an additional extension of 60ms, in total 180cm, with that length it is not difficult to hit the camera against the ground, simply when you lean backwards to brake if forgetting for a second that you have the camera it is so easy hit them.

to edit the videos and overlay the speedmeter, first I use the Insta App obviously to select the shots and export to the PC, there with Wondershare Filmora I import the action video and the video from the mobile phone screen where I recorded the app Ninebot in operation during filming, that layer I overlap with a mask, I edit everything with Wondershare Filmora, and finally render and upload directly from Filmora to Youtube

Fantastic! Thanks a lot for replying to me. I'm now buying the Venture case, because your video looks pretty good to me.

You're right regards the length of the stick. My 270cm stick is very easy to hit the ground if you're not careful :) Looking at your video again I see where it tapped the ground - ouch.

And thanks for the overlay info. You're recording the phone app and merging that footage. Time consuming, but the result is very nice :cheers:

• Like 1

P.s. @RoberAce   I'm going to attach (Velcro?) a hard 'bumper' on the top of the Venture case that will hit the ground before the case its. Because I still don't want to be destroying a $50 case every time it hits the ground.

The 'bumper' will be very visible, but only in the direction opposite of where you are filming most of the time. A worthwhile compromise.

9 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

P.s. @RoberAce   I'm going to attach (Velcro?) a hard 'bumper' on the top of the Venture case that will hit the ground before the case its. Because I still don't want to be destroying a $50 case every time it hits the ground.

The 'bumper' will be very visible, but only in the direction opposite of where you are filming most of the time. A worthwhile compromise.

Good idea 💡 It could be great. I’ll been stay tuned to see them

• Like 1

This is a classic example of what happens when you ride over a dark patch; specifically a permanently damp dark patch caused by shade.  Its also a classic example of wet wood.  Wet wood by it self is notoriously slippery, but grow slime in it from constant shade (not being able to dry out) and watch out.  Glad everyone was OK.

Edited by Smoother
  • Upvote 1

This video, exciting, yes, but it also illustrates what Ian at SpeedyFeet was complaining about.  Specifically that the wheel stands upright when you turn.  Observe the exaggerated stance @RoberAce has to take, to coax a turn.  If you've never experienced it, it's very unnatural. My 2.5" mod felt like this when I first did it, then for some unknown reason it went away.  Which I was very glad of.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Smoother said:

This video, exciting, yes, but it also illustrates what Ian at SpeedyFeet was complaining about.  Specifically that the wheel stands upright when you turn.  Observe the exaggerated stance @RoberAce has to take, to coax a turn.  If you've never experienced it, it's very unnatural. My 2.5" mod felt like this when I first did it, then for some unknown reason it went away.  Which I was very glad of.

I think that one of the reasons I've ordered a z10 i liked my motorbike days and this will give me that leaning into corners feeling,, plus it looks beautiful I'm really excited to get this

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ED209 said:

Your MSX corners much better. 😊

Yes it does but I'm also leaning that over with my leg now i like the leaning feel ,,, i don't think anything at this moment will win over my msx it's so smooth,fast , and can take my 15 stone weight ,, due to Xmas food ofc😀😀 i love the msx i don't come home till the batteries almost done 😊

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

You're right regards the length of the stick. My 270cm stick is very easy to hit the ground if you're not careful :)

I'm on to my second Insta360 one x for this reason. The first one got smashed the first day I took it out on a 10ft selfie stick.

Edited by winterwheel
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, stephen said:

I think that one of the reasons I've ordered a z10 i liked my motorbike days and this will give me that leaning into corners feeling,, plus it looks beautiful I'm really excited to get this

I'm confused. Would you own a motorbike that stood up vertically in a corner?  I'm not dissing the Z series, I just can't see the connection between your motorcycle feelings in corners and this type of wheel.

1 hour ago, winterwheel said:

I'm on to my second Insta360 one x for his reason. The first one got smashed the first day I took it out on a 10ft selfie stick.

:cry2: as I prepare to go on my first ride with the X and my 9-ft selfie stick.

Very frustrating that Insta can't produce enough Venture cases to sell with their "Action Cam". Talk about lack of planning on their part. I had the Venture case in my Amazon Shopping Cart and then it disappears because they are sold out again for who knows how long.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

But the way that @RoberAce (any myself) rides the wheel in turns is exactly why the Z10 is a fun wheel to ride. It feels like a much more physical experience which can be exhilarating. IMO of course.

Everyone who buys a Z10 and is expecting to ride it like a traditional EUC will ultimately be disappointed. You must embrace it's uniqueness.  

I really think this is a great and very important point to this wheel. 

It is designed to be different with the personality comes quirks. Embrace or dislike it, still I can't see why there can't be a market for a let's call it unique EUC, no matter what you think of it. If it is your first, second or tenth wheel. So would I buy it? Nope not now, someday maybe. Why I like the feel of my KS18L. I am not sure my knee can handle the work of riding z10, the means and such. Could it be fun, absolutely...for me maybe..but I am still 1 year rookie EUC rider. Nevertheless loving it. 

So back to the start, I think you nailed it @Marty Backe expect it to be a Z10 not an "ordinary like the other EUCs".

• Like 2

3 hours ago, stephen said:

Yes it does but I'm also leaning that over with my leg now i like the leaning feel 

I look forward to you getting the Z10 and seeing your technique on the wheel. 😊

• Upvote 1

Btw @RoberAce I showed a work colleague your double video posts today. He is so stoked, looking to buy the Z10. Just problem no vice release to EU yet. So he is battling with the idea of buying from China with the complications it might have. Like service, illegal hardware issues...

Point is you are inspiring people. 

• Like 3