Green now has the majority of Z10 replacement parts available to order, just follow this link: https://ru.aliexpress.com/item/Ninebot-Z6-Z10/32922646414.html

1 hour ago, Ziiten said:

Ian put out a 250 km review. He apparently favors 32 psi tyre pressure and isn't liking fast roundabout riding characteristics at high speeds due to the wheels tendency to stay upright.

Just saw the review and I thought it was "spot on"... Excellent... just confirming what everyone who has one has been saying... tire pressure is critical, it requires more effort to ride at speed and doesn't want to lean in fast turns, and build quality very high... It's a niche wheel that does not have great range and a blast to ride... and lastly his go-to-wheel is a MSX... :thumbup:

• Like 2

I have about 500 km experience with Z10, which is my first wheel. Today, I was actually able to jump with it, not very high, but still I was satisfied because before I could not lift it one millimetre. And this wheel weighs 27 kg.

I have been trying to learn to ride it backwards, but it just feels so hard to trust yourself to make it happen. I am currently learning by leaning to a rail and then letting go, but as soon as I do, I lose control. Do you have any tips on how to learn to do this?

Edited by Ziiten
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ziiten said:

I have about 500 km experience with Z10, which is my first wheel. Today, I was actually able to jump with it, not very high, but still I was satisfied because before I could not lift it one millimetre. And this wheel weights at 27 kg.

I have been trying to learn to ride it backwards, but it just feels so hard to trust yourself to make it happen. I am currently learning by leaning to a rail and then letting go, but as soon as I do, I lose control. Do you have any tips on how to learn to do this?

Here's my Learning To Ride Backwards playlist:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ziiten said:

Do you have any tips on how to learn to do this?

This is what I did to learn to ride backwards, took me only 3 days... 1. keep your shoulders up and straight, any movement should be from your lower body only, do NOT move or turn your upper body. 2. keep your head straight and level, stare at a point directly in front of you at eye level and don't take your eyes off of it. 3. never look at the ground or turn your head as you start to learn, do the above and I guarantee you will be going backwards in short order...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ziiten said:

I have about 500 km experience with Z10, which is my first wheel. Today, I was actually able to jump with it, not very high, but still I was satisfied because before I could not lift it one millimetre. And this wheel weights at 27 kg.

Just remember that when learning to go forward, you needed a little speed to balance.  If you want to learn to go backwards, you need the same speed in the reverse.  Going slow is the wrong way or the hard way to learn.  Both ways, you will learn to go backwards, question is how long it will take.  You just have to be persistent.  

Best is to push off from a wall, fall off, reset and repeat until you get it.  Wiggle, twist, do everything that you can think of, it will help you learn.  More data for your brain to process the better.  

Of course, make sure before you push off that there isn’t anything behind you.  Lol. Few days of 20-30 minute practice and it will “click” just like when you learned to go forward.  You just have to know it will happen and don’t give up.  

• Like 1

Hello, 

51 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

and because this Z thread isn't long enough 

Nice video, looking a bit dramatic, but this is all stop-and-go morning hours traffic which I also ride sometimes in the same way.  Thank You for the reviews and teardown of Z10 btw. Suggestion - black trousers, black backpack, grey pullover no helmet, no lights - how those crazy NY drivers are supposed to see You?  You risk your life! I hope You have very good insurance...  Please do  not treat it in offensive way,  it is just concern.  Maybe I am too much on the other bright end...   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5Jm_52OxwQ&t=73s   (example only - old video - see more on www.youtube.com/lukluk) With my colors I have often situation that ALL cars stop ... and I go first...

Edited by Lukasz
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Here's my Learning To Ride Backwards playlist:

Nice to see that progress on the videos. Learning to turn backwards seems is not that easy, although I guess it was the same learning to ride forwards.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

Just remember that when learning to go forward, you needed a little speed to balance.  If you want to learn to go backwards, you need the same speed in the reverse.  Going slow is the wrong way or the hard way to learn.  Both ways, you will learn to go backwards, question is how long it will take.  You just have to be persistent.  

Best is to push off from a wall, fall off, reset and repeat until you get it.  Wiggle, twist, do everything that you can think of, it will help you learn.  More data for your brain to process the better.  

Of course, make sure before you push off that there isn’t anything behind you.  Lol. Few days of 20-30 minute practice and it will “click” just like when you learned to go forward.  You just have to know it will happen and don’t give up.  

Thanks for those tips. Gotta keep trying.

12 hours ago, Marcglider said:

This is what I did to learn to ride backwards, took me only 3 days... 1. keep your shoulders up and straight, any movement should be from your lower body only, do NOT move or turn your upper body. 2. keep your head straight and level, stare at a point directly in front of you at eye level and don't take your eyes off of it. 3. never look at the ground or turn your head as you start to learn, do the above and I guarantee you will be going backwards in short order...

Thanks for these; I think I did just what you said not to do in point 3.

i was contemplating why i’m choosing the z10 for riding around my ranch when it’s so damn heavy and kinda strange riding characteristics, and i decided it was because it was an all terrain wheel or atw. if anybody hasn’t already coined atw.

Have the Z a while now, and I must say it still takes getting used to. I am not a hardcore EUC'er (then again, can I say that with 3 good wheels in the garage? :D ) and tend to use them mostly as transportation when doing something else right now (lack of time to go out for rides like I did last year). I didn't ride a lot the last couple of weeks and I used my GT16 in the paddock last weekend. Yesterday finally had some time again so I used my Z10 for a 20 mile round-trip. It really takes getting used to again, especially the "I SHALL STAY UPRIGHT" behaviour it tends to exhibit. Pretty nerve-wrecking when you just start your ride (I hadn't touched the Z10 in about a month I think). Wondering if it's a matter of trust/skill and if you can really lean into the corner and have the wheel tilted over 20+ degrees. I don't feel courageous enough to try tbh. My GT16 just feels "natural" to ride (as would any other narrower wheel I think). I also find that the positives of the wide tubeless tire really aren't that big. Objectively the sacrifice that you make in agility does not weigh up to the advantages of having that tire on your euc.

My conclusion is that for me it isn't the best wheel out there, but it's a combination of looks and build quality that make it one of the most appealing to get. I still enjoy riding it a lot, but it's a bit like cars. Nobody buys a car purely based on a spec sheet and performance tests. There is always a subjective factor that plays a role. Clearly they hit the nail on the head at Ninebot in that department.

This being said. If tomorrow I do the same trip, I will take the Z10 again :) 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 10/14/2018 at 9:48 PM, ir_fuel said:

Have the Z a while now, and I must say it still takes getting used to. I am not a hardcore EUC'er (then again, can I say that with 3 good wheels in the garage? :D ) and tend to use them mostly as transportation when doing something else right now (lack of time to go out for rides like I did last year). I didn't ride a lot the last couple of weeks and I used my GT16 in the paddock last weekend. Yesterday finally had some time again so I used my Z10 for a 20 mile round-trip. It really takes getting used to again, especially the "I SHALL STAY UPRIGHT" behaviour it tends to exhibit. Pretty nerve-wrecking when you just start your ride (I hadn't touched the Z10 in about a month I think). Wondering if it's a matter of trust/skill and if you can really lean into the corner and have the wheel tilted over 20+ degrees. I don't feel courageous enough to try tbh. My GT16 just feels "natural" to ride (as would any other narrower wheel I think). I also find that the positives of the wide tubeless tire really aren't that big. Objectively the sacrifice that you make in agility does not weigh up to the advantages of having that tire on your euc.

My conclusion is that for me it isn't the best wheel out there, but it's a combination of looks and build quality that make it one of the most appealing to get. I still enjoy riding it a lot, but it's a bit like cars. Nobody buys a car purely based on a spec sheet and performance tests. There is always a subjective factor that plays a role. Clearly they hit the nail on the head at Ninebot in that department.

This being said. If tomorrow I do the same trip, I will take the Z10 again :) 

I believe if the wheel was 5kg lighter, the experience of riding this wheel will be better. Built quality aside, a wheel should help you and make riding easier not for you to adapt to the riding dynamics. The more I ride the z10 or go on group rides with people that do, the more the short comings of this wheel becomes clearer.