I went for a test ride to check some of the issues Ian had with the Z10. He was complaining about the emergency braking and having to lean back with no support for the legs. I did some speed ups and emergency brakings. I felt that I could just keep my legs tight to the wheel and just sort of bending my knees sit down and leaning back make the wheel come to a full stop quite fast.

I also tried the slow moving maneuverability doing some figure eights in an area of about 1 m2 at a speed of 1 km/h and no difficulty. And I am a novice with only 100 miles under the belt.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, novazeus said:

that probably works in ur favor because the wheel is so different from all other wheels.

Yeah, maybe. Put me on an other wheel and I can't ride more than few meters on it. I am kind of interested in this Gotway Monster. I would like to try something similar to Ian's 1000 mile run in the UK (like Helsinki-Utsjoki). He has also presented some solutions for fast charging, which would be necessary on such a journey.

Edited by Ziiten

3 hours ago, Lukasz said:

Hi Robert, I think Ian refers to the problem with wide tire being pushed to the sides if you get to the bumps which hit only left/right part of the tire and in this way destabilize your ride. With time we all learn how to counteract in such situations, so now in some places I wonder what it may have been so difficult in this specific part of the road which pushed me off-balance two months ago...  Now - I see no problem with that at all. However - this is something which comes WITH TIME . Or I am not that big genius with learning curve....  

when I first got my Z, I did experience also the tracking issue with wheel, but since then I have not noticed it so maybe I got used to it or am compensating for it when I ride... I have 120 miles on it and I am still learning this wheel which is a big part of what I am enjoying... I thought your review was Excellent... straight up no BS, no Bias... Thanks... :thumbup:

I totally agree anyone giving their opinions on this wheel needs to get many miles on it, it takes quite a bit to feel one with this one.

• Upvote 1

On 9/20/2018 at 4:03 PM, RoberAce said:

About one month ago a good friend of mine bought a Z10 the same day I received mine from  an AliExpress seller cause the Ninebot Z was not for sale in Europe at the moment. 
He was a in a hurry cause it was for his father's birthday and to be used in the summer holidays.
But instead of receiving it in two weeks he received it in one month.

Let's go to the problems:

After less than two weeks of use and less than 300km the Z10 wheel died.

He was charging the wheel and when it was charged he switch off the charger and switch on the Z10. The Z10 started stabilization and before finishing it made a strange noise and turned off. He tryed to switch on again untill he notice the motor was blocked. As an experienced person that has been making ebikes for the last 11 years and using this type of direct drive motor he knew the MOSFET board and/or the controller board was KO.

He got in contact with the AliExpress seller that told him to disassemble the wheel and send them the controller board so they could send it to ninebot and then ninebot would send them the new board and then they will send him the board back to him.

My friend was a bit disappointed about how many time he was going to be with his dad nearly new Z10 KO and much more important what would happen if the board was lost in any of the shippings.

So he decided to talk directly with ninebot to try to find a better solution. An engineer of ninebot answered him by email after two days and told him after watching the videos the same thing that my friend suspected.

Then he asked for the serial number and found out that Z10 was only to be sold for the Chinese market. 
He told him to not worry cause it was not his fault and to not worry as Ninebot would give support directly to him.

One week and two mails has passed since that last answer of ninebot and my friend does not really know what to do or with who to talk to solve his problem. Now that ninebot told him they where going to give him support directly.

Locked because of location? Maybe NB has to protect the local exclusive dealer from sellers from other regions?

15 hours ago, EUCMania said:

Locked because of location? Maybe NB has to protect the local exclusive dealer from sellers from other regions?

Absolutely not. That has nothing to do, he had already done 300 km well

On 9/25/2018 at 1:56 PM, Jekyll_500 said:

With a normal decline of 5-10° the Z10 shows moderately recuperating current of -5 to -10A when you look at the detailed Stats in the app, but when I do a steep decline of approx 15° it is not recuperating at all! It shows 0,5 to 1A at 55V (no minus in front!) and the temperature goes up 10degrees within a couple of seconds! 

That is what I would actually expect and have observed on other wheels. Recuperative braking may not be able to produce the maximal brake power you would expect to have. See for example

Edited by Mono

Thanks for those quite interesting links!

The S2 has a similar behavior with breaking at slow speeds at a decline, with the E+ I've  never heard the "shortening noise" and it also felt stronger than the S2 and the Z10 when breaking hard, or when declining a steep slope. Although I find it interesting that ninebot claims to see a problem with the motor or the mainboard, we'll see if there's really a "fix" for this problem.

I wouldn't have a big problems if the breaking power with the Z10 is limited, but there should be a warning before this hard shutoff.

In my case it happened in the middle of the decline, so maybe it was an overheating problem...but there should be enough time to warn the rider.

I'm so envious of all of you owners out there. I've been watching grass grow and paint dry for weeks waiting for Jason to deliver the good news regarding the next batch. It can't come fast enough! The Z10 is going to be my birthday present to myself (which happens to be today haha so I was hoping for a well timed email but what's another week or four :( ) In the mean time, please keep posting video's everyone! I am living my dream through watching you live yours. :thumbup:

14 minutes ago, darkflame808 said:

I'm so envious of all of you owners out there. I've been watching grass grow and paint dry for weeks waiting for Jason to deliver the good news regarding the next batch. It can't come fast enough! The Z10 is going to be my birthday present to myself (which happens to be today haha so I was hoping for a well timed email but what's another week or four :( ) In the mean time, please keep posting video's everyone! I am living my dream through watching you live yours. :thumbup:

There was an email, about a week ago 17th, on the second batch with payment requests.  Shipping was expected on or before today.  No word yet if they shipped. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, FreeRide said:

There was an email, about a week ago 17th, on the second batch with payment requests.  Shipping was expected on or before today.  No word yet if they shipped. 

:) Yah I got that email. Heheh that's why I was hoping for the perfectly timed one today given the occasion. Still looking forward to that initial feeling of stepping on a EUC for the first time. I can only imagine......

2 hours ago, US69 said:

Seams the demand is getting down :-) No one?

You should buy it :D  I know you don't really like it, but maybe if you owned it and rode the wheel for 500-kilometers you'd better appreciate it's qualities.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

You should buy it :D  I know you don't really like it, but maybe if you owned it and rode the wheel for 500-kilometers you'd better appreciate it's qualities.

Why buy it... He already has it, so just don't send it back - isn't that how it works with a loaner EUC, Marty?   :whistling:

• Like 2