17 minutes ago, Toshio Uemura said:

It’s safer to keep both knees bend. Any outstretched leg gives you less flexibility in fast minor weight shifts. A fact we can learn from any ? martial arts. Besides low gravity is high fun with the Z. Touching the ground with your hands at high speeds is great fun. ? 

Martial arts is not EUC.

In martial arts, the knee bend is about keeping yourself stable and upright, no matter the external forces. In EUC, you are trying to both keep yourself stable, while influencing the gyroscope, all while the combination of you plus wheel is in motion: waaaay different. 

The outstretched leg is about leveraging the moving wheel, since equal pressure on equally bent knees creates sympathetic vibration (wobble for EUC, chatter for skiing) This is a common fact in skiing, and I've experienced the same phenomena on EUC. Watch the guys going high speed EUC on one-leg; they all are stiff-legged for a reason: leverage.

And I'm not artificially outstretching my leg. I'm bending and pivoting the wheel in relation to where my legs are, so that switching the knee bend from leg-to-leg creates the feeling of this outstretched-ness.

12 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Ah... but is your stance featured on the new Chinese Yuan?  ;)

42837585960_3720e56498_b.jpg

LOL, that's not me, that's @RoberAce.

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

My counterpoint: you don't need to bend both to get lower.

The way I ride is the inner leg/knee is bent while the outer leg is outstretched; same level of lowering.

i’m definitely not giving advice as little as i know about riding. i contemplated learning how to ride for six months practically before getting on one of my wheels. watched @Hirsute and probably got more from his lessons than anything else but it’s still not enough. 

since we all come in different shapes and sizes, and we are trying ride to ride this wonky wheel somebody thought would be a good idea, i think u do whatever feels good. it’s like walking, everybody walks a little different, same but different. as long as u stay erect(ok @Hunka Hunka Burning Love ur cue) ur probably doing it right. 

i don’t think i ride like anybody else. in my coveralls, it looks like i’m standing straight as a board but my knees are at what i use to call in teaching golf as first break. the only thing touching the wheel are the balls(again) of my feet. the wheel only touches my leg when i have to bend it way over for tight slow turns. at size twelve plus, the balls and heel do fit on all the wheels. my left left has a brain, (dominant)my right leg not so much. so my left leg is planted, but i can still shift weight distribution from the balls to the heel a little bit, enough. my right foot is the accelerator foot. 

imagine if u had four little bathroom scales. one under each heel and same for the balls of ur feet. i think u would  see u could make those scales vary just with the slightest shift. idk maybe it’s from golf but my feet are pretty coodinated that way sothat’s how i ride on perfectly flat pavement. curves, just like a rudder on a airplane and apply pressure on the way i wanna go and look that way. on a motorcycle u push down on the yoke which way u wanna go.

with the z10, i haven’t had a chance to do my 90 degree turn fast yet but the step on rudder technique doen’t work as well. with the z10 i might have to apply toe pressure with my left foot or right foot for turning. i don’t feel like i’ve found my perfect foot position yet on the z10. i’m very meticulous about where my feet are positioned on the pedals. once i know where i like them, i make note of it. my freemounting sucks but if i have my smart foot placed correctly, i can throw my right up there anywhere and get going until i can scoot it to a more correct position.

in the pasture everything is soft but still erect. legs are still at first break but in the more athletic ready position. my legs are the shock absorbers so i’m still standing tall but my legs are much softer.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Martial arts is not EUC.

The outstretched leg is about leveraging the moving wheel, since equal pressure on equally bent knees creates sympathetic vibration (wobble for EUC, chatter for skiing) This is a common fact in skiing, and I've experienced the same phenomena on EUC. Watch the guys going high speed EUC on one-leg; they all are stiff-legged for a reason: leverage.

And I'm not artificially outstretching my leg. I'm bending and pivoting the wheel in relation to where my legs are, so that switching the knee bend from leg-to-leg creates the feeling of this outstretched-ness.

LOL, that's not me, that's @RoberAce.

I was attempting....somehow  missed the mark....to allude that @RoberAce  has the spotlight in China for his trademark stance.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Oh, ha! I misread it, sorry! (FWIW, the image/video of me riding my GT16 brand new way back got jacked by Chinese & Korean EUC sellers for promo on their sites as well)

-------------

@novazeus yes, I do heavy heel-toe while riding as well, but they alternate, right heel / left toe, then left heel / right toe, inner turn foot is always the accelerator.

And I've been experimenting since the pre-prod Z10 with foot positioning as well, and am slowly setting into placing my feet very wide, outer feet edges almost coming off the pedals, with the heels slightly wider than the toes, so I can hinge back and forth, exchanging leg/knee bending (because the Z10 body gets in the way).

Thinking about why this works better, I'm led to believe is because the Z tire is almost twice the width of a standard 2.125" wide EUC tire, so your stance has to readjust from the normal positioning accordingly (tire must travel a greater distance (circumference) to achieve the same angle of turn when compared to the thinner EUC tires).

Hey Chris... I have been working on this style recently also and it feels comfortable... Some people are staggering their feet which I have not tried and I don't think it makes sense... was curious if both your feet are equal distance both front to back???

15 minutes ago, Marcglider said:

Hey Chris... I have been working on this style recently also and it feels comfortable... Some people are staggering their feet which I have not tried and I don't think it makes sense... was curious if both your feet are equal distance both front to back???

Nice!

Yes, I used to stagger and advocate this stance. But these days, I think it's more of a good intermediate stance; an easier way to learn/emphasize the concepts of 1.) left-right leg weight transfer, and 2.) focusing the majority of your weight in one leg over the other (something like 60-40). This method is ultimately limiting though, as you are riding more sideways like a boarder (skate, snow, etc), and boarders always have a big blindside in the direction their back is facing. Also, this staggering heavily favors one turn direction over the other (left turns for regular, right turns for goofy).

These days, I ride with parallel feet again, but I constantly dip and turn the wheel at an angle from the forward direction vector, so that I achieve the same 'staggered'/offset feet feeling, while retaining the ability to quickly flip the 'stagger' in the opposite turn direction.

And just for fun / experimentation, I'll do all sorts of feet positioning (feet perpendicular to the EUC body plane is a favorite when I have to move super slow amongst crowds), just to see if I'll stumble into something new. But for high speed, it's predominantly the non-staggering, dip-turning thing I mentioned above.

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 2

And just for fun / experimentation, I'll do all sorts of feet positioning (feet perpendicular to the EUC body plane is a favorite when I have to move super slow amongst crowds), just to see if I'll stumble into something new. But for high speed, it's predominantly the non-staggering, dip-turning thing I mentioned above.

Thanks, I will keep working on it like I have been, as far as riding perpendicular... I don't think so for me... I am trying to get efficient and super comfortable on my wheels without busting my ass... LOL :thumbup:

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Marcglider said:

Thanks, I will keep working on it like I have been, as far as riding perpendicular... I don't think so for me... I am trying to get efficient and super comfortable on my wheels without busting my ass... LOL :thumbup:

Ah, the perpendicular stance is really only for moving super slow! (not a necessary technique), since in crowds, you are restricted from moving in the forward/backward plane, but usually have space to move /  'pendulum' in the left-right plane, as the perpendicular-ization (is that a word?) will shift the movement plane sideways... plus it doesn't have to be complete perpendicular, and you can just do one foot, for relatively the same effect (riding into a crowd, I'll pigeon just one of my feet so the toes move inward-facing the EUC body, giving me much greater balance moving slowly).

I really need to find a way to capture all this properly on YouTube (really hard to see on camera as opposed to feeling it in your body), as sometimes I feel like I'm on crazy pills trying to describe this on the forums,... but thanks for the confirmation!

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Oh, ha! I misread it, sorry! (FWIW, the image/video of me riding my GT16 brand new way back got jacked by Chinese & Korean EUC sellers for promo on their sites as well)

-------------

@novazeus yes, I do heavy heel-toe while riding as well, but they alternate, right heel / left toe, then left heel / right toe, inner turn foot is always the accelerator.

And I've been experimenting since the pre-prod Z10 with foot positioning as well, and am slowly setting into placing my feet very wide, outer feet edges almost coming off the pedals, with the heels slightly wider than the toes, so I can hinge back and forth, exchanging leg/knee bending (because the Z10 body gets in the way).

Thinking about why this works better, I'm led to believe is because the Z tire is almost twice the width of a standard 2.125" wide EUC tire, so your stance has to readjust from the normal positioning accordingly (tire must travel a greater distance (circumference) to achieve the same angle of turn when compared to the thinner EUC tires).

yeah that sounds like me. i just need more time playing with foot position on the z10  and i think its more critical on this wheel for good control.foot position is everything. it sb i think ur only connection to the wheel,. the balls of ur feet. just learn to relax the toes. the pedal action to me does resemble the e+ to me. i like my pedals at the hardest settings because my controls are so subtle.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, houseofjob said:

Martial arts is not EUC

well, my riding style is like martial arts but more like akido.

Seagal was born in Lansing, Michigan. A 7th-dan black belt in aikido, he began his adult life as a martial arts instructor in Japan;[1] becoming the first foreigner to operate an aikido dojo in the country.

ha! steven seagal is one day short of being two years older than me.

oh yeah, on birthdays, and people use to call me that because i always had a bunch of young pretty girls around me, hugh hefner and i share the same birthday but he was born in 1926. dennis quaid and i are the same age, birthday.

Edited by novazeus

2 minutes ago, novazeus said:

well, my riding style is like martial arts but more like akido.

Seagal was born in Lansing, Michigan. A 7th-dan black belt in aikido, he began his adult life as a martial arts instructor in Japan;[1] becoming the first foreigner to operate an aikido dojo in the country.

ha! steven seagal is one day short of being two years older than me.

:lol::D

1 hour ago, houseofjob said:

I'm not artificially outstretching my leg. I'm bending and pivoting the wheel in relation to where my legs are, so that switching the knee bend from leg-to-leg creates the feeling of this outstretched-ness.

So it’s a kind of “bend outstretched” leg not an “outstretched outstretched” leg and this was all about bad wording then. Fine with me! ? 

However martial arts have a lot to do with EUC riding and so has keeping your awareness in the “tanden“ (your center of “ki” two fingers below your navel). Martial arts are also closely related to skiing and swimming, even though most people don’t realize the parallels.

And whoever seriously does martial arts and rides an EUC will instantaneously and instinctively agree.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Toshio Uemura said:

So it’s a kind of “bend outstretched” leg not an “outstretched outstretched” leg and this was all about bad wording then. Fine with me! ? 

However martial arts have a lot to do with EUC riding and so has keeping your awareness in the “tanden“ (your center of “ki” two fingers below your navel). Martial arts are also closely related to skiing and swimming, even though most people don’t realize the parallels.

And whoever seriously does martial arts and rides an EUC will instantaneously and instinctively agree.

Fair enough, as I am not well versed in martial arts.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lukasz said:

For those who are interested... and I am sure there will be a few people interested - please go ahead and print yourself the accidental switch-off protector for Z10. It also has 3 purposes: 

1. prevents accidental switch off - You have to press in specific point to switch the wheel ON and OFF
  2. It decreases the problem with front lamp of Z10 being switch off by any incoming car lights
  3. It works as the protector of the display against scratches.   

Print on any 3d printer from PLA or ABS, with thin layer like 0,05 mm.  It takes just 5-7 minutes to print, then take double sided tape, stick it to the printout, cut holes with sharp knife and stick to Z10! DONE!

Please press "Like" button in return... ;-)

IMG-20180911-WA0003.jpg

Z10 switch protector.stl

Very nice :cheers:  Particularly the power button part.

12 minutes ago, Lukasz said:

For those who are interested... and I am sure there will be a few people interested - please go ahead and print yourself the accidental switch-off protector for Z10 which I have designed.... (tested, and use myself)  It has 3 purposes: 

1. prevents accidental switch off - You have to press in specific point to switch the wheel ON and OFF
  2. It decreases the problem with front lamp of Z10 being switch off by any incoming car lights
  3. It works as the protector of the display against scratches.   

Print on any 3d printer from PLA or ABS, with thin layer like 0,05 mm.  It takes just 5-7 minutes to print, then take double sided tape, stick it to the printout, cut holes with sharp knife and stick to Z10! DONE!

Please press "Like" button in return... ;-)

IMG-20180911-WA0003.jpg

Z10 switch protector.stl

Are those holes for the light sensor.

2 minutes ago, Ziiten said:

Are those holes for the light sensor.

Off center hole is for the light sensor.  bigger one is for ... I do not know for what - tell me what kind of icon it is as I had never seen this ON on my wheel, but I have checked the manual and it shows some kind of icon there.. .but description is in Chinese... so  sorry I did not translate it...

4 minutes ago, Lukasz said:

Off center hole is for the light sensor.  bigger one is for ... I do not know for what - tell me what kind of icon it is as I had never seen this ON on my wheel, but I have checked the manual and it shows some kind of icon there.. .but description is in Chinese... so  sorry I did not translate it...

Self destruct? :D If you take a picture of the wording, I can translate it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, cloudy_jai said:

Self destruct? :D If you take a picture of the wording, I can translate it.

I need to access the manual which is in the box and the box is in the garage, and the garage....    ;-)

Thank You for help proposition!

Edited by Lukasz

7 minutes ago, Lukasz said:

tell me what kind of icon it is as I had never seen this ON on my wheel, but I have checked the manual and it shows some kind of icon there.. .but description is in Chinese... so  sorry I did not translate it.

This icon appears when speed limit is exceed. 

But I don't know how to look on this icon when riding)))

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sergey said:

That is kind of what I have expected... but really NO way to check it at top speed...

11 minutes ago, Sergey said:

Really? Very interesting.

When riding at top speed, who is going to be staring down at their wheel looking for an icon? Strange that they would spend money installing that 'feature'.

7 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

When riding at top speed, who is going to be staring down at their wheel looking for an icon? Strange that they would spend money installing that 'feature'.

;- )    but maybe it is flashing bright when You limit Your speed to 7km/h! and go pass over this limit...  then would be "very important icon" (joke)

• Like 1