Will Gotway Announce a new model on 8/12?

1 minute ago, electricpen said:

I have been very close to pulling the trigger on this, been trying to talk myself out of it haha. The site says they are in stock and shipping now.

Me too. I'm just curious where @Rehab1 bought his.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Me too. I'm just curious where @Rehab1 bought his.

You stinker!:) Thought I had the jump :laughbounce2:on you! Where else... The...... Travel...... Shop. Such a confusing name! I asked about the ACM trolley handle she still  owes me. Her reply: " It cannot be ship at the same time. "

Edit: I misunderstood . Maybe I do have the jump!:P

34 minutes ago, electricpen said:

Tell me it can't handle bumpy roads without flinging me off or something!

It can't handle bumpy roads without flinging you off:rolleyes:  At least that is what I read.  @Tilmann just mentioned the other day that his is great for smooth pavement, but you really have to pay attention to bumps.  But on the other hand, there was a video with @Toby Stevens where he was riding an Mten off road over rocks, but very slowly.  Speedyfeet did a review on the Luffy where he took it on gravel, and was able to ride it, same diameter tire but narrower and less motor power.  It might be fun riding one on bumpy roads.:w00t2:

30 minutes ago, steve454 said:

It can't handle bumpy roads without flinging you off:rolleyes:  At least that is what I read.  @Tilmann just mentioned the other day that his is great for smooth pavement, but you really have to pay attention to bumps.  But on the other hand, there was a video with @Toby Stevens where he was riding an Mten off road over rocks, but very slowly.  Speedyfeet did a review on the Luffy where he took it on gravel, and was able to ride it, same diameter tire but narrower and less motor power.  It might be fun riding one on bumpy roads.:w00t2:

I don't think that helped :blink1:

28 minutes ago, electricpen said:

I don't think that helped :blink1:

Sorry, what I meant to say, was you should get one, the new ones have 84volts and probably would be great on bumpy roads, because the smaller diameter tire probably has so much torque that bumps don't mean anything, I bet there is no way to overlean one of those.  I would guess that for hill climbing, nothing could climb a steeper hill.

2 hours ago, electricpen said:

lol I just looked at the page and it says 99/100 units available.... someone stop me from joining rehab! Tell me it can't handle bumpy roads without flinging me off or something!

I just may need rehab in the future if I go through with my plans once it arrives.

Luffy rode over a bumpy, mole laden lawn last week and I was surprise how easy it was to control. 

My thoughts are that Luffy is so close to the ground along with it's small upright external body that the lateral transilatory movements are reduced making it easier to balance. I expect the Mten will be even easier to control with it's wider tire and pedals.

16 hours ago, steve454 said:

Sorry, what I meant to say, was you should get one, the new ones have 84volts and probably would be great on bumpy roads, because the smaller diameter tire probably has so much torque that bumps don't mean anything, I bet there is no way to overlean one of those.  I would guess that for hill climbing, nothing could climb a steeper hill.

Ok, I admit it, I'm weak. Ordered one today. Only 98 left, better get on it @Marty Backe !

41 minutes ago, electricpen said:

Well. That's more expensive than I would have guessed for a 16" wheel that has a smaller battery than an ACM and is heavier to boot.

Actually that are  (perhaps just) the crazy european/france prizes .....rest of world will sure be better.

An Acm 1300 is about the same there and an 1600 costs even more. An dont ask for the V3s+ prizes...up to 2400euro :-(

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

So it appears the Telsa is now on sale! https://store.urban360.es/product/gotway-tesla-1300wh-80v/

I know that I'm probably going to want one, but never at that price. Realistically it should fall in the ~$1300 category. We all know that the quantity of batteries is the biggest driver of the cost, and ~1000wh is small relative to the ACM and MSuper.

Let's wait to see what other sellers offer.

I asked @Jason McNeil but he's MIA.

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I know that I'm probably going to want one, but never at that price. Realistically it should fall in the ~$1300 category. We all know that the quantity of batteries is the biggest driver of the cost, and ~1000wh is small relative to the ACM and MSuper.

Let's wait to see what other sellers offer.

I asked @Jason McNeil but he's MIA.

This wheels reminds me of ks16 and i think it's price should be $1300 and give $300 rebate for its customers to spend on heavy protective gears...(since they have tendency of using customers as their guinea pig.) and I doubt jason wants to deal any gotway wheels after all that hassle he went thru to keep his loyal customers safe.. 

4 minutes ago, Sven said:

This wheels reminds me of ks16 and i think it's price should be $1300 and give $300 rebate for its customers to spend on heavy protective gears...(since they have tendency of using customers as their guinea pig.) and I doubt jason wants to deal any gotway wheels after all that hassle he went thru to keep his loyal customers safe.. 

So Jason isn't going to sell Gotway wheels???

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

We all know that the quantity of batteries is the biggest driver of the cost, and ~1000wh is small relative to the ACM and MSuper.

Also, prices for Li-Ion cells seem to be dropping significantly each year. This should allow for larger capacity wheels at the same price, I would hope. According to this graph, the 1000Wh (1kWh) capacity should have had a price tag of around $200 last year.

1IWOQkF5YxbKykAFypJEmFA-1.jpeg?resize=12

The Tesla looks like an ACM with anorexia, or an ACM that was melted in an oven until the plastic contracted at the top:P Sorry, but it's just ugly:mellow:

The price on the French site is in line with the other (ACM) prices, regarding battery sizes. But the light (and power button, ACM pedals etc) seem to be the same, and I don't think the electronics/cabling are redesigned (and better) which would be the only thing justifying its existence. That non-integrated integrated trolley handle is ugly too. No idea why this exists.

Looking how neat ACM/msuper V3/Monster are designed, I have the following possible (conspiracy) theory: Gotway outsourced the (non-electronics/mechanical/shell) design to another company for these wheels, and now these designers are no longer available or too expensive, so they did it themselves or got a cheaper alternative.

--

Hope I'm not too negative about what turns out to be a great new alternative wheel, but for now... not sure.

Looks are a matter of taste, but the pedals look comfy and big, both in width and length. Maybe they can now allow for longer pedals since they have that much horse power under the hood. 4kW is more than 5 PS. Reduce by the motor efficiency (BLDC motors should be pretty efficient) and there could be four horses pulling between your feet. Imagine to tell this some brave knight in the middle ages (you know, in a few hundred years, people will put a disc with the strength of 4 horses between their legs and cruise around on it)...

The pedals seems to be literally the ACM pedals so they are quite nice (and you could put on the msuper V3 pedals too).

You're right, looks are subjective...

--

80V means it's a 19s5p battery (comes out at 1019.35Wh). Not sure why they came up with 19p. How did they come up with a 1900W motor with their (presumedly) thin cables? I don't understand this wheel:D

27 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The pedals seems to be literally the ACM pedals so they are quite nice (and you could put on the msuper V3 pedals too).

You're right, looks are subjective...

--

80V means it's a 19s5p battery (comes out at 1019.35Wh). Not sure why they came up with 19p. How did they come up with a 1900W motor with their (presumedly) thin cables? I don't understand this wheel:D

This is just a fault on the Website...the specs are 84Volt wheel...1036wh...20s4p like the Gt16

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The Tesla looks like an ACM with anorexia, or an ACM that was melted in an oven until the plastic contracted at the top:P Sorry, but it's just ugly:mellow:

The price on the French site is in line with the other (ACM) prices, regarding battery sizes. But the light (and power button, ACM pedals etc) seem to be the same, and I don't think the electronics/cabling are redesigned (and better) which would be the only thing justifying its existence. That non-integrated integrated trolley handle is ugly too. No idea why this exists.

Looking how neat ACM/msuper V3/Monster are designed, I have the following possible (conspiracy) theory: Gotway outsourced the (non-electronics/mechanical/shell) design to another company for these wheels, and now these designers are no longer available or too expensive, so they did it themselves or got a cheaper alternative.

--

Hope I'm not too negative about what turns out to be a great new alternative wheel, but for now... not sure.

People seem to be really ragging on the Tesla. I think you're missing the niche that Gotway is attempting to fill with this new wheel.

It's a thin wheel with a ~2000 watt motor. Hmmm, what other wheel fits that description - oh, the GT16!

So I think the Tesla is Gotway's answer to the GT16. It would appear that it's a super fast nimble wheel. This, compared to the very fast piggy ACM.

I'm looking forward to it :dribble:

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

So I think the Tesla is Gotway's answer to the GT16. It would appear that it's a super fast nimble wheel. This, compared to the very fast piggy ACM.

I'm looking forward to it :dribble:

You must have an understanding wife as well!;)

Archived