Will Gotway Announce a new model on 8/12?

2 hours ago, Tilmann said:

Tech data on ninebot one z6 / z8 / z10. Picture was just uploaded on fb by Simon Tay

International-Self-Balancing-Electric-Unicycle-Club--Electric-Unicycle-.png.e1286182a8dac58d380dba779ddd1083.png

Take a lucky guess, which one I want :w00t2:

EDIT: original post: 

I want one!  LOL.  It's going to be the most expensive when out there.  Too bad no seat.  I like designs with the wheel showing more like the msuper.  

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

And if you eve

r ascended one of these mountains, you'd understand why staying in the flat is not enough. It's not just because they're there, it's also because it's so nice up there:wub:

I like the mountains as well. A famous formation of rocks in Franconia Notch , New Hampshire called 'the Old Man of the Mountains' finally fell to the ground in 2003.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Man_of_the_Mountain

A favorite family photo stop for generations was actually a distant photo subject for those without long lenses. I used a Meade ETX 90 to make a composite of it before it fell a few years later.

36958.jpg

The AMC Appalacian Mountain Club runs a series of huts on the ridge atop and south of Franconia Notch and also across to the mountains to the east side of the Notch.

Those were the days when Guam was still a typical long distance tourist destination for US citizens rather than a target for North Korean missiles.

11 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

The Gotway Mten3 looks pretty nice actually.  Clean side profile.  Cool lighting effects.  Kinda like if the MCM4 and Luffy had a love child.   Mten3 would be it.  Decent specifications for a small wheel.  First I thought oh no they are recycling the Luffy case, but no it's actually different.  I sort of liked the original small, squat Mten2 appearance, but it looked uncomfortable on the legs.  Do you still ride yours @Gimlet?

Yes I still ride both of mine, still my favourite wheels for messing around on to be honest.

I was quite disappointed when the Luffy came out with a lower spec and haven't got around to looking at the Mten3 in detail yet.

7 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Actually I'm quite happy with my ACM despite the flaws (the good old Gotway love-hate-relationship). I'll certainly be waiting to buy any new wheel and have others (aka @Marty Backe*cough* *hint* *wink*) test them on mountains first - though I guess if this is a Ninebot, we can assume much better design quality than if it were a Gotway, and assume it to be reliable. Other reason is $$$, though if it's extremely awesome, something could be done about this;) (worst case, sell ACM if possible) (I'd also like a BIG battery for this to be worth it, ideally >2000 Wh)

And if you ever ascended one of these mountains, you'd understand why staying in the flat is not enough. It's not just because they're there, it's also because it's so nice up there:wub: And what's the point of a EUC if it only substitutes walking on easy (flat) routes? It's a matter of principle to force these things up any theoretically possible incline;)

Finally, those "low land dairy farm cows" would kill to be Alm cows if you compared their quality of life (in the winter, they all are "low land dairy farm cows" anyway).

I'm still in the honeymoon phase of EUCs, only having started 1 year ago. It's looking like I may be buying 3 new wheels soon:

• The mten would be great to have because of it's small size yet powerful motor
  • The new 16" wheel looks super powerful
  • The Ninebot looks amazing, and I can't believe it's from Ninebot. The Z10, with over 1000wh battery is staggering, considering it's from Ninebot.

Now the big question is, how long will I have to wait before being able to buy any of these???

7 hours ago, Tilmann said:

Hi @Marty Backe, I would think, the Mten3 is worth making an exception. Judging from my experience with the Mten2 with 414Wh, you won't miss the extra juice, but you would curse the extra weight coming with add'l cells.

The Mten is obscene fun and loves to play, but it would never be my first choice to get from A to B. For a few weeks after police confiscated my Msuper V1, the Mten was the only EUC at my disposal, so I used it for "last mile" commuting. The Mten2 clearly let me know: that's not what I'm meant for. It wants to turn and it wants your full attention for every meter of ground covered. That's tons of fun when you ride it for the purpose of riding, it gets downright annoying when I want to mentally prepare for a meeting while getting there.

So, more than once, I decided to bring the Mten2 along for a longer tour - in the backpack, riding my Msuper V3. At any break for a few minutes, the Mten comes out of the rucksack and it's the instand star for coffee brake entertainment while its bigger brothers look blunt and boring in comparison :efee6b18f3:. That's where it shines.

My Mten2 is 9.8kg, but not as handy as it looks due to the small handle (3 fingers max.), its sharp edged pedals sticking out and lack of a trolley handle and padding. In those regards, the Mten3 shows fine improvements, but weight increased to >10kg already. 

As I never managed to run my 414Wh Mten2 much below 50% battery with this playful use, the last thing I would wish for is a built in power plant adding more kilos.

I think you are correct. After seeing and reading more about the Mten3 I think I would like one. The idea of having a powerful super portable wheel is enticing.

Today is like Christmas in summer, with 3 cool wheels being announced :dribble:

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Now the big question is, how long will I have to wait before being able to buy any of these???

Get to the back of the line Big Guy!;) (Don't you have a Monster to Fix?:)

Maybe @Jason McNeil will give us a sweet heart deal if we both buy all 3 models!:clap3:

30 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Get to the back of the line Big Guy!;) (Don't you have a Monster to Fix?:)

Maybe @Jason McNeil will give us a sweet heart deal if we both buy all 3 models!:clap3:

Lets pool our resources and place a single order for 6 wheels. That'll certainly place us at the front of the line :D

17 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

looks fast!

Interesting that most cornering in the video includes a foot-down... Even on a polished floor, an 18" wheel that wide would be a challenge to turn!

Is this really confirmed about the Mtn3 going 40km/h? I can't find where Gotway has listed this speed...

If true, this little wheel would be amazing!

21 hours ago, Mrd777 said:

Is this really confirmed about the Mtn3 going 40km/h? I can't find where Gotway has listed this speed...

If true, this little wheel would be amazing!

Mine ships next week so we will soon find out.

3 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Mine ships next week so we will soon find out.

Did you buy yours via that $800 offer? I'm really thinking about pulling the trigger. I like the idea of a super portable yet powerful wheel.

I wasn't sure if they were taking pre-orders or what.

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Did you buy yours via that $800 offer? I'm really thinking about pulling the trigger. I like the idea of a super portable yet powerful wheel.

I wasn't sure if they were taking pre-orders or what.

I have been very close to pulling the trigger on this, been trying to talk myself out of it haha. The site says they are in stock and shipping now.

Archived