Will Gotway Announce a new model on 8/12?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Gotway building small wheels now, and Ninebot powerful, fat ones? What's happening? Did we switch timelines (again)?

If they aim for kid-friendly it would be a smart move. Kids=future.

However...doubt that.

13 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Gotway building small wheels now, and Ninebot powerful, fat ones? What's happening? Did we switch timelines (again)?

there is. also the 16" GW Tesla announced...1040wh, 60kmh, 1900w,  integr. Trolley!

Coming up more these days..

6 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Holy cow !!!! Early adopter syndrome.

What will be the fate of your  'beloved' ACM and it's great initial and carefully considered cost of purchase ??

Some of those last alm area photos do look rocky and rugged.

Has carrying the 'beloved' on your back caused your body to break?

What can there be atop those alps spaces aside from rockier paths and more low land dairy farm wanna be cows?

Actually I'm quite happy with my ACM despite the flaws (the good old Gotway love-hate-relationship). I'll certainly be waiting to buy any new wheel and have others (aka @Marty Backe*cough* *hint* *wink*) test them on mountains first - though I guess if this is a Ninebot, we can assume much better design quality than if it were a Gotway, and assume it to be reliable. Other reason is $$$, though if it's extremely awesome, something could be done about this;) (worst case, sell ACM if possible) (I'd also like a BIG battery for this to be worth it, ideally >2000 Wh)

And if you ever ascended one of these mountains, you'd understand why staying in the flat is not enough. It's not just because they're there, it's also because it's so nice up there:wub: And what's the point of a EUC if it only substitutes walking on easy (flat) routes? It's a matter of principle to force these things up any theoretically possible incline;)

Finally, those "low land dairy farm cows" would kill to be Alm cows if you compared their quality of life (in the winter, they all are "low land dairy farm cows" anyway).

5 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

there is. also the 16" GW Tesla announced...1040wh, 60kmh, 1900wh, integr. Trolley!

Almost missed the third wheel announcement!

But small battery and the design is not very good - my ACM looks better and has further range. No need for me to consider this. And I'd certainly want some confirmation of better electronics for any new Gotway wheel.

5 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

there is. also the 16" GW Tesla announced...1040wh, 60kmh, 1900wh, integr. Trolley!

1040wh AND 1900wh

Which One

Regarding announcement, Is this rumors or facts ?

Just now, meepmeepmayer said:

But small battery and the design is not very good - my ACM looks better and has further range. No need for me to consider this. And I'd certainly want some confirmation of better electronics for any new Gotway wheel.

Just now, meepmeepmayer said:

which design? didn't see any photos...

7 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

I am so blind :-)......

what an ugly piece!

Exactly! Blind because you didn't see it, or because you did see it and your eyes tried to protect you?;)

Looks like the shell from an earlier generation that the current wheels, not a newer and better one. Could be a generic.

What I like so much about the Gotway shells (ACM, Monster) are these concavities (especially at the top). Makes them look so nice from the front/back and almost front/back angles:wub: (see professional illustration for explanation)

36922.jpg

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I can't see myself buying a wheel with only ~500wh of juice.

Hi @Marty Backe, I would think, the Mten3 is worth making an exception. Judging from my experience with the Mten2 with 414Wh, you won't miss the extra juice, but you would curse the extra weight coming with add'l cells.

The Mten is obscene fun and loves to play, but it would never be my first choice to get from A to B. For a few weeks after police confiscated my Msuper V1, the Mten was the only EUC at my disposal, so I used it for "last mile" commuting. The Mten2 clearly let me know: that's not what I'm meant for. It wants to turn and it wants your full attention for every meter of ground covered. That's tons of fun when you ride it for the purpose of riding, it gets downright annoying when I want to mentally prepare for a meeting while getting there.

So, more than once, I decided to bring the Mten2 along for a longer tour - in the backpack, riding my Msuper V3. At any break for a few minutes, the Mten comes out of the rucksack and it's the instand star for coffee brake entertainment while its bigger brothers look blunt and boring in comparison :efee6b18f3:. That's where it shines.

My Mten2 is 9.8kg, but not as handy as it looks due to the small handle (3 fingers max.), its sharp edged pedals sticking out and lack of a trolley handle and padding. In those regards, the Mten3 shows fine improvements, but weight increased to >10kg already. 

As I never managed to run my 414Wh Mten2 much below 50% battery with this playful use, the last thing I would wish for is a built in power plant adding more kilos.

10000 chinese yen are about 1200euro...

You can exspect a european/us price of about 2500 euro\dollars then for the z10, at least over 2000.

the z6 is in the same price range as a KS16s in china....

These assumptions are by comparing what GW, KS, 9b mini and others cost in chinese yen and what they cost here or in the states!

6 hours ago, MaxLinux said:

George Mallory

Wow..such a rebuke on the theme of Mallory...whose body was discovered a few years ago on the side of Everest, face down, fingers clawing the gravel and with a visibly broken leg. The original pictures of the deceased Mallory were published in the book 'Ghosts of Everest' but you can find them by Google searching. Eric Simonson, a member of the Mallory body discovery team, once responded to an email of mine with regard to climbing and travel in Kyrgyzstan at a time when I was working with someone from Kyrgyzstan and still climbing mountains for sport.

https://www.amazon.com/Ghosts-Everest-Search-Mallory-Irvine/dp/0898866995

36930.png

Most guys on this forum and their euc's are notoriously touchy about 'anything' with regard to the euc. Maybe it's the fear of falling.

9 minutes ago, Tilmann said:

Tech data on ninebot one z6 / z8 / z10. Picture was just uploaded on fb by Simon Tay

International-Self-Balancing-Electric-Unicycle-Club--Electric-Unicycle-.png.e1286182a8dac58d380dba779ddd1083.png

Take a lucky guess, which one I want :w00t2:

From the watthour numbers this are all 84Volt machines...

How to get 80-100km out of 1000wh is a mystery for me, When using 800wh of the 1000wh and calculating with 15wh/km...you can exspect perhaps 50km. Even that i doubt on a 1800Watt motor and 84volt.

But i have to say, that is a impressive comeback of 9b/Segway! Would have never exspected to see a 45kmh machine from them!

while i would really like to see first real life tests and boardspecs, after the 9b one P desaster will be interesting to see how if they got their homework done with these new "one Z" series.

9 hours ago, zlymex said:

It is a Mten3 according to the newest release preview video http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjk2MTk4MzgxNg==.html

For those who cannot access, here are some screen shots

spec.thumb.jpg.4885737a35bb35de28658360aca5a3db.jpg
Mten3.jpg.5e55e6629afb71abaf321bec231a173c.jpg
cutoff.jpg.e70002f9b2acc53c07ca5b513340cb64.jpg

800W motor, 84V charger, 260-512Wh battery, and 58kph lift cut-off speed(app speed).

Cool wheel! GW use to carry the Mten, then they produced the Luffy. The Mten3 has a commanding 800w motor where my Luffy's motor is only 350w. 

The maximum recommended hill grade for the Luffy was only 10 % but I was able to transverse 20% grade yesterday with great difficulty. With a 800 watt motor the Mten3 should climb the grade easily. 

Luffy's Spec Sheet

35709358073_e42ae9c465_b.jpg

I hope the Mten's pedals are longer and wider as your feet tend to get sore fast on Luffy's minature platform.

3 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Finally, those "low land dairy farm cows" would kill to be Alm cows

Someone who farms once told me that cows are really dumb and that once, while in a stall with a cow, the cow started to press him against the pen wall with its body. He feared that the cow would crush him. Beating on the cow seemed to have no effect but he managed to get free despite the pin.

23 hours ago, zlymex said:

12Aug.jpg.17d1b395053fe62bdb5b6285ccc3883d.jpg

I like it , at first look. Probably better for muddy tracks, maybe the beach and from my experience ...for rolling over small but long diagonal cracks in the sidewalk that 'laterally derail' the Ninebot like a subway car on a lane changing track position. The Ninebot tire also has trouble on crushed rock of marble size. The wide tire would be great there too.

Maybe some day an EUC with z axis stabilization (use a gyro?) will lessen the 'lateral pedal impact' problem that fells all EUC's.

I'm not excited about spring loaded pedal shock absorbers but a spring loaded seat for something like a Monster seems to be worth an engineering try to increase comfort.

Archived