What causes pedal droop?

LanghamP

Pedal droop = the gradual drifting of level pedals to a forward tilt.

This isn't a big deal because it takes a short time to hit the recalibrate button.

However, all four of my wheels exhibit this behavior. It takes a few weeks but they all eventually droop forward. Interestingly enough, my KS16S seemed immune to this but I did notice my friend's KS16S would pedal droop in tight turns, enough that the front edge of the pedal would regularly contact the ground. Mine did not.

I'd be interested in knowing what causes drifting pedal droop.

I wonder/suspect people who drop their wheels have drifting pedal droop more than those who do not.

If the pedals tilt forward while turning, it's either a calibration issue or a programming choice. The calibration issue can be fixed by keeping it straight (from left to right) while calibrating the wheel. The programming choice can be avoided by choosing another wheel (or brand).

If the calibration changes slowly over time, then I don't know. Never experienced or heard about such issue.

1 hour ago, LanghamP said:

Pedal droop = the gradual drifting of level pedals to a forward tilt.

This isn't a big deal because it takes a short time to hit the recalibrate button.

However, all four of my wheels exhibit this behavior. It takes a few weeks but they all eventually droop forward. Interestingly enough, my KS16S seemed immune to this but I did notice my friend's KS16S would pedal droop in tight turns, enough that the front edge of the pedal would regularly contact the ground. Mine did not.

I wonder/suspect people who drop their wheels have drifting pedal droop more than those who do not.

your friend should do a proper recalibration!

and one where he takes care that the wheel is in NO WAY leaned to left or right!

than this pedal drop in curves goes away....

4 hours ago, LanghamP said:

Don't know for sure, but think I read someone in the forum said it was gyro drift, that over time small errors due to hitting bumps and rough ground cause the gyro to slowly get more and more off level.  I wish the apps had a trim function like on RC quadcopters that you could use a slider while the wheel was on that would set the pedals to whatever degree of tilt desired.

46 minutes ago, steve454 said:

I wish the apps had a trim function like on RC quadcopters that you could use a slider while the wheel was on that would set the pedals to whatever degree of tilt desired.

It seems you wish you had an InMotion. 

Screenshot_2017-08-09-01-02-54-adjust-pedals.thumb.png.bbe394aeceb6b406283fd9b67abe3486.png

Archived