2017 - quiet EUC year?

em1barns

Just now, Marty Backe said:

Yeah, the the battery spec's are horrible. KingSong offers 840wh, which is great for a 14" wheel. I would never buy the MCMpro based on the battery.

Thats based on 20cell series, assuming more would not fit into the mcm case (20cells each side=259wh each side)!

If they can fit 40 cells each side (32 was on old 67v versions) they can go up to 1040wh...that should be doable :-)

7 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Thats based on 20cell series, assuming more would not fit into the mcm case (20cells each side=259wh each side)!

If they can fit 40 cells each side (32 was on old 67v versions) they can go up to 1040wh...that should be doable :-)

It's really odd if you think about it. Gotway is now known for offering amazing battery capacities in their wheels, yet with the MCM - nothing.

11 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

It's really odd if you think about it. Gotway is now known for offering amazing battery capacities in their wheels, yet with the MCM - nothing.

Yip...but max capacity on MCM was 32 cells per side (2x420wh max)...now with series of 20 instead of 16 it's difficult without working on the shell.

19 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Gotway is now known for offering amazing battery capacities in their wheels, yet with the MCM - nothing.

And btw: i guess this "is known for" is a bit much :-) they just started that with the v3s+....before their 84volt versions in November 2016 , the max before was 850wh on their v2 ;-)

2 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

And btw: i guess this "is known for" is a bit much :-) they just started that with the v3s+....before their 84volt versions in November 2016 , the max before was 850wh on their v2 ;-)

Yes. You have to forgive me my youth in this sport :) My first wheel (ACM) was bought last August. So for much of my time in the EUC universe, Gotway has had huge batteries available. So you are correct, it's a recent phenomenon. 

i know exactly as i bought the "amazing" biggest 820wh V3 in oktober 2016...and in november, 3 weeks later, it was old bread as for the first time ever GW offers a 1600wh v3s.....hell, yeah , that made me grumpy:-)

On 8/8/2017 at 10:48 AM, Marty Backe said:

Yeah, the the battery spec's are horrible. KingSong offers 840wh, which is great for a 14" wheel. I would never buy the MCMpro based on the battery.

And no built-in trolley handle.

On 8/7/2017 at 7:47 PM, Marty Backe said:

An MSuper type version (short shell) of the KS18S interests me very much.

I'm really looking forward to Gotway's next performance wheel. Although their current lineup is great, they need to churn out newer and newer models. That's how business works. I'm not going to buy another MSuper V3, but if they come out with a V4 then my checkbox comes out of my pocket real quick :D I'm sure that Gotway knows that new product releases keeps interest in their product line high and sells more wheels.

Besides a 100v MSuper V4, I'd love to see a performance 14 inch wheel from Gotway. 1000 watt motor, 800+wh battery, wide tire, trolley handle, etc. Please don't refer me to the lame MCM4 ;)

Marty do you really think the mcm4 was lame? I have been quite impressed with mine.

20 minutes ago, tadrossi said:

Marty do you really think the mcm4 was lame? I have been quite impressed with mine.

Sorry, maybe lame was too strong of a word. I just don't think Gotway has a 14" wheel that can compete with the KS14S 

6 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

So is the rectangular form factor of the S mainly empty space then, or just so you can put a seat on it?

no...it is not mainly empty...its just a lot thinner than other wheels

5 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Marty's transitioning to a Mary?  :blink:  Hey, I'm all for it.  More women on the board.  :thumbup:

Yeah, I think @Rehab1 has gone a bit too far this time :angry:

22 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Marty's transitioning to a Mary?  :blink:  Hey, I'm all for it.  More women on the board.  :thumbup:

:laughbounce2:

15 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Yeah, I think @Rehab1 has gone a bit too far this time :angry:

Sorry! Your right! I would never call you Mary.:roflmao:

Archived