MiniPro App location required?

So question for you MiniPro vets out there.

Am I missing something or there really no way to use the Ninebot app with the MiniPro without giving it location permission?

Are there any previous versions that didn't require location to be on to connect to the MiniPro?

Overall disappointed with the V4 version of the Ninebot app. Also seems like I am missing color options, seen YouTube video with options like "dragon playing with ball" or something like that, I only have like 8 options (none give me access to all 4 color pickers, 2 always remain greyed out)

The social features are poorly implimeneted and seem more effective for stalking other riders than acutal social interactions. (Attemptingto use any social features causes a force-close on my device anyway) =/

Still new to having a MiniPro and this forum, so sorry for the dumb questions. Shame such a good product is hampered by such a poorly designed app.

Any input helps. Thanks. =3

5 hours ago, PrincessLuna said:

Still new to having a MiniPro and this forum, so sorry for the dumb questions. Shame such a good product is hampered by such a poorly designed app.

I actually like the app.

It works well for me, for what it does.

2 hours ago, Rocky Romero said:

I actually like the app.

It works well for me, for what it does.

Granted, if you use the social functions, and they dont force close your device, then all the power to yah.

Personally though, don't like the social functions being first thing I see when I open the app, everything in them is Chinese (I dont speak) and like I said, anything I do in social (even like messaging nearby owners, thought it would be a laugh to say hi to my neighbor) causes a force close.

Force closes on my Moto X Pure on android 6.0 and my old LG G3 running android 5.x...

So those functions are useless to me, and they are so prominately placed on first launch of the app.

I would love to open the app, it connect to the MiniPro, and have all my controls. Here is my point of view:

Right now I hop onto my MiniPro and start off to work, somewhere I have to stop to check my battery, so I open the app, it dumps onto social feed so I switch tabs, likely have it whine about my location settings being off (which it shouldn't require), which sends me into the pulldown menu to turn back on, close the pulldown, press reconnect.. When done riding, I have to exit the app, close it from the app manager, and use a third party memory manager to force cloee the app and make sure it is gone since it has crazy battery drain issues for me.

What it should do: open app, it should not care about location, connecting right to the MiniPro giveing me controls, stats, etc. Then I close out and it stops using battery all by its self.

Simple. Put the social functions WAY on back burner to device stats and controls.

But that's my rant.. Sorry. lol

Anyways, still curious if any versions of the app don't require location be on if anybody knows?

On 8/6/2017 at 2:40 PM, PrincessLuna said:

So question for you MiniPro vets out there.

Am I missing something or there really no way to use the Ninebot app with the MiniPro without giving it location permission?

Are there any previous versions that didn't require location to be on to connect to the MiniPro?

If you need app version V3.5.0 here you can download  ' Others previous Ninebot APK here (thank you John Eucist) http://www.apkmonk.com/app/cn.ninebot.ninebot/#previous  

@jojo33 has in the download section links to a lot of earlier app versions, I'm pretty sure they will work on the minipro.  You don't have to uninstall the 1.4 version, I have it and an earlier version called Ninedroid, which is good for displays but does not set the speed limiter and some other things.  That light setting you mentioned Dragon chasing tail or whatever, someone said it only shows up in IOS app.

@steve454

Well

Not sure now we can use previous 9bot apk version since last v4.0 

Ninebot server automatically notify forcing upgrade to v4.0 and not allow login. ..with a previous version 

I tried with my v341=nothing 

Maybe ninedroid can allow this 

5 minutes ago, jojo33 said:

@steve454

Well

Not sure now we can use previous 9bot apk version since last v4.0 

Ninebot server automatically notify forcing upgrade to v4.0 and not allow login. ..with a previous version 

I tried with my v341=nothing 

Maybe ninedroid can allow this 

Yes, I forgot it was a forced upgrade.  However, I downloaded ninedroid from this forum and now I have v4.0 and ninedroid and they both work.  But ninedroid will not turn on the speed limiter and will not calibrate the wheel and missing some other functions because I am not logged in.   It does have the speedometer, battery level, time and distance traveled, and connects very quickly.

14 hours ago, jojo33 said:

I will try it (but i wish it will not forced an upgrade for my firmware v117 (i stay with)

thank you for details

I don't think it will force an upgrade, if you don't create an account for the app.  And also, I think Ninedroid is not an official Ninebot app, I think @esaj created it.  But I don't know, maybe it used to be official.

8 hours ago, steve454 said:

I don't think it will force an upgrade, if you don't create an account for the app.  And also, I think Ninedroid is not an official Ninebot app, I think @esaj created it.  But I don't know, maybe it used to be official.

I made Wheelemetrics (for old Gotways and Kingsongs) a couple of years back, but have nothing to do with Ninedroid.

11 hours ago, steve454 said:

Ninedroid is Official  ninebot app 

Paco gorina made gyrometrics app alternative for Ninebot and other modèles 

?

13 hours ago, esaj said:

I made Wheelemetrics (for old Gotways and Kingsongs) a couple of years back, but have nothing to do with Ninedroid.

I was not aware of your involvement but also not surprised given your talents! :)

Archived