Submit an EUC Guinness Record

Rehab1

I can qualify for "Best Faceplant on an EUC" :D

"Longest Continuous Ride" without feet touching the ground might be a possibility for me, even when going through a city, if I can lean on a pole while stopped at intersections.

Do they need to have a Guiness rep present when you do the record, or would a video suffice? 

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, dmethvin said:

I  can qualify for "Best Faceplant on an EUC" :D

Definitely need a witness for that! :)

55 minutes ago, dmethvin said:

Do they need to have a Guiness rep present when you do the record, or would a video suffice? 

There are many ways to enter but the easiest and most prudent method is to have an official Guinness representative present ( this is not a free service).  Here is a link to the Evidence Guide: 

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/Images/GWR-Guide-to-Evidence_tcm25-412531.pdf

Below is a sampling of the official entry forms:

36267264861_212f596cc7_b.jpg

36236028742_50dc4070ee_b.jpg

36236028792_bcea8b654b_b.jpg

All Guinness World Records titles are broken down into formats – here’s a link depicting a list of the records they monitor:

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/FAQ/record-formats

Here is a link to '5 Things You Should Know If You Want To Set A Guinness World Record' :

http://www.businessinsider.com/5-things-you-should-know-if-you-want-to-set-a-guinness-world-record-2013-11

Edited by Rehab1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jonathan Tolhurst said:

You might have some stiff competition in that category with anyone who ordered a Uniwheel :D

46 minutes ago, Slaughthammer said:

Nah.. to compete, you must actually have received the wheel! :cheers:

32 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

So far I think @Dingfelder holds the present record.

Well it's a start! Ok who the heck holds the record for days it took to receive a wheel they ordered? Last place - my ACM 1600 took 35days.

Edited by Rehab1

41 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Well it's a start! Ok who the heck holds the record for days it took to receive a wheel they ordered? Last place - my ACM 1600 took 35days.

@Dingfelder May 14-July 7. 54 days.

• Upvote 1

IMO, that record 'longest continuous ride on a unicycle without his feet touching the ground' implies no touching of any part of the body to outside objects except air, in order to stay balanced on the unicycle all the time.
http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/unicycle-longest-continuous-ride

I've achieved ridding 100km on an EUC without losing my balance with not much difficulty. Ridding longer distance on EUC requires not only physical strength(although not very demanding) but also needs more battery as the biggest for commercial EUC is 2400Wh and only capable of 100km something on a single charge.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, zlymex said:

I've achieved ridding 100km on an EUC without losing my balance with not much difficulty. Ridding longer distance on EUC requires not only physical strength(although not very demanding) but also needs more battery as the biggest for commercial EUC is 2400Wh and only capable of 100km something on a single charge.

I can imagine some sort of in-motion battery swap using external packs but in that case you could roll for a very long time! If you had a Monster you could even ride sitting down. At some point the hard part would be staying awake. :D

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, CaptainKBLS said:

Is my 6 the youngest EUC rider out there?  

Could be although I have seen younger kiddos on YouTube. This girl is definitely younger than 6 but is using training wheels.

36284895481_f064d7f494_b.jpg

Still trying to find a category EUCs can fit into on Guinness. Farthest distance on a mini- EUC I thought would be easy on my 10 " Luffy but then I saw the size unicycle  Peter Rosendahl used in a record attempt on January 11, 2015. The wheel measured only 13.8 mm.  Is it even possible to make an EUC that small?

36257634922_cd08da0901_b.jpg

Here is a photo depicting a 13.5 mm size wheel diameter next to my Luffy. OMG...how is it possible to ride something that small?

36258510712_f27c973d43_b.jpg

Photo of the smallest unicycle.

36030128480_aef6a7515e_b.jpg

Edited by Rehab1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 years later...

I know I'm not the oldest but let's get the "ball(wheel)" rolling.

I'm 66 years old and I ride 3 or 4 times daily during summer and a couple times daily in winter down into the teens f.

I am stage 4 cancer and handicaped.

I ride seated 100% of the time.

I have over 2100 miles.

I've broke 2 ribs, wrenched back several times and am the king of unscheduled landings and FacePlants.

Currently I have been designing a jumping ramp to see how far and high I can fly through the air (hopefully in the vicinity of my euc).

I'll still be riding my beloved Unicycle as a Box of Bones!!!

Let's start the bidding....

The WIZARD.

• Like 3

You are valiant indeed @Wizard. And if ever there is a wall of fame I'm sure you'll be on it!

The only thing I'll point out is that there are also older riders who I see on the forum of  espritroue.fr

Meanwhile, my hat's off to you!

• Like 1