49km/h on MSuper V3S, what a machine

When I was learning with the Lhotz, it took me quite a while to be brave enough to even visit the 26km/h top speed. In time it started feeling a bit slow.

When I got my current KS-16S, it took me a while to be brave enough to pass 30km/s. Now I have found myself wishing it would have just a bit more than the 35km/h top speed for the long straights. Although, wind resistance is strong enough at that speed, it is a rare occurance.

It really is true, no matter if you are more of a peaceful rider, you WILL crave for more speed in time! :dribble:

His average speed is 20 kmh which is very close to 12.5 mph. This seems to be my parked speed for most of my riding, and indeed 12.5 mph seems to come up often when talking about EUC's.

Hmm, I just noticed 1/3 of his time is stopped so his average speed must be double over mine (my average moving speed is around 12.5 according to my GPS watch with top speeds around 15 mph).

I stopped craving higher speeds after more than a few top speed crashes on my V5F and KS14c and now I compare my speeds to a pedestrian and not a bicyclist. However the person I ride with goes pretty fast on the straights.

2 hours ago, LanghamP said:

His average speed is 20 kmh which is very close to 12.5 mph. This seems to be my parked speed for most of my riding, and indeed 12.5 mph seems to come up often when talking about EUC's.

Hmm, I just noticed 1/3 of his time is stopped so his average speed must be double over mine (my average moving speed is around 12.5 according to my GPS watch with top speeds around 15 mph).

I stopped craving higher speeds after more than a few top speed crashes on my V5F and KS14c and now I compare my speeds to a pedestrian and not a bicyclist. However the person I ride with goes pretty fast on the straights.

I got to work and didn't realized the app. was still running. I have posted in the past my rides to work, take about 15-19min. depending if I take direct path or I go around through park. My avg. speed is around 30 km/h I constantly hear 2 bips.

I just wanted to share top speed, I dont no for how I rode it for, but it was nice to see 49 km/h.

8 hours ago, yourtoys7 said:

MSuper v3s 1300, 

helmet, cloves,

knee amd elbow 

08082001_1.JPG

These knee/shin guards are great.  I have the same ones.  Reasonably priced, stay put, and offer great protection for the knee and lower leg.  Good choice,

is that very close to the cut off speed?  the old 67v version cuts out at 45km/h.  you are really brave.  was there any beeps, the third level beep?  I start getting nervous when going over 35km/h.

1 minute ago, EU GUY said:

My dealer took his msuper v3s+ upto 49 kmh and still didnt hear any alarms. pretty sure it can do 55/60 kmh before it cuts out.

Ah right, you were the one that tested the old version to cut out on your video.  that was almost a year ago.  are you ok from your injuries?

Just now, eddiemoy said:

Ah right, you were the one that tested the old version to cut out on your video.  that was almost a year ago.  are you ok from your injuries?

yeah no problems. I only had pain in my left leg for a few weeks.  A good helmet and protection goes a long way. 

On 06/08/2017 at 2:58 AM, yourtoys7 said:

Going to work today just felt right, this machine is unbelievable, came to work and wanted to see how fast I have gone and. ?, yes 49 km/h.

You sir are a Duke Nukem of EUCs - even the photo looks alike :lol:

In all seriousness, you've got to have a motorcycling helmet for such errands. I believe most of the gotway users, including @Marty Backe, would gladly agree.

Yeah, I rode to work today too! Taking a bit of discipline to a) get good sleep knowing I want to be fresh for a ride and b ) hauling the hardware and gear.

But it's well worth it. Every day I don't ride and walk I think "I wish I had my EUC".

And so jelly...49kph? Did you go back in time on that one? I'm still on my slow training wheel.

51 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

is that very close to the cut off speed?  the old 67v version cuts out at 45km/h.  you are really brave.  was there any beeps, the third level beep?  I start getting nervous when going over 35km/h.

voila...test here is including a treadmill cutoff test:

2 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

voila...test here is including a treadmill cutoff test:

I wonder if that is why King Song chose 50km/h(after 1000km) as the max speed for the KS18S.  Assuming everything is equal, should have a 10km/h buffer between max and cut off?

20 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

I wonder if that is why King Song chose 50km/h(after 1000km) as the max speed for the KS18S.  Assuming everything is equal, should have a 10km/h buffer between max and cut off?

No, its not everything equal...cutoff lift speed of 18S is about 61kmh...but you can not compare that, the v3s is 84volt and different motor drivers/firmware...

In the End the v3s+ is faster than the 18S...but thats logic and was to be exspected.

2 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

No, its not everything equal...cutoff lift speed of 18S is about 61kmh...but you can not compare that, the v3s is 84volt and different motor drivers/firmware...

In the End the v3s+ is faster than the 18S...but thats logic and was to be exspected.

from the video the v3s cut off is 62kmh.  

Just now, eddiemoy said:

from the video the v3s cut off is 62kmh.  

On the treadmill with  75kg weight on the machine and the belt giving it a resistance.

The KS max lift cutoff speed even goes under 60kmh when batterie not full....

Its different philosophies, KS always have a max (tiltback) speed...GW always has audible 80%alarm...

7 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

I hear constant 2 beeps, maybe 3rd come from time to time.

On 8/8/2017 at 10:22 AM, EU GUY said:

My dealer took his msuper v3s+ upto 49 kmh and still didnt hear any alarms. pretty sure it can do 55/60 kmh before it cuts out.

im sure it'll do at least 60 km/h, even when you do hear 3rd alarm, there is still lots of room. I remeber riding my mcm v3 constantly on 3 alarm (i know I shouldn't have, lol) I've learned the hard way. I have heard 3 alarm on way to work, assuming it was 49km. 

It also has to do with your weight, wind and road conditions. Im 165-170 lbs.

Archived