Ninebot one hard tilt back on max speed?

Donát Hajdu

I'v got a ninebot one c+.Today when i was riding max speed at 21-22km/h (i checked on the app),i waited for like 3-4 beeps,and it tilted me so back,and i coudn't lean forward so i had to step off and fell hard(i'm ok,cos i had protection).It is normal?(I thought the tiltback only try to slow me down not to drop me off th EUC...) Can i change the tilt back angle somehow?Or any suggestion for a new rider?

The best suggestion is to not ride at that speed. I'm not being a smart *ss, that's actually the best advice. 

As you learn to ride more, you will be able to handle that tilt back, but by hitting it, you are definitely putting yourself at risk, as you've unfortunately found out already. Glad you are ok, by the way. Many people have been hurt badly. 

When the tilt back is happening, it is telling you that you've reached the limits of the wheels capabilities. That's a dangerous place to be. Any bump, hill, or extra lean at this point can throw you off, and even more abruptly than you've already experienced. 

Good luck, and enjoy the wheel. It's a great deal of fun to ride. 

Just ride with the tiltback without jumping off.  I get that during low battery sometimes, and it is pretty surprising when it happens.  Just don't panic and simply slow down.  If I can ride through it anybody can.  :eff02518bb:

Just lean back slightly (more heel pressure) to slow down, and the tiltback will disappear.

Aber few days ago I ride my S2 at TopSpeed for a short moment. The tiltback surprised with turning on and off. I'm a good rider and hold the balance. But i think untrained riders could fall very easy. It feels dangerous.

I remember my generic wheel tilts smoother. Not as hard as my 9B.

Tiltback can be alarming if unexpected, but after 500km of experience, it really shouldn't be much of a surprise. I am basing this on my experience with the 1E+, but assume the more recent Ninebot models are similar. Sudden, severe speed tiltback has only occurred for me unexpectedly when exceeding the speed limit (25+km/hr) quickly, which has only happened while accelerating and going downhill, which I learned early on not to do. Otherwise, speed tiltback is less sudden and provides sufficient warning to slow down – the Ninebot motor is not ACM-class. If you have installed skateboard tape on your pedals, riding tiltback isn't all that scary, if a bit uncomfortable.

Battery tiltback never occurs without prior warning. Firstly, there is the slight but perceptible speed limit decrease at 40% battery level. As the battery level falls into the 20% range, mild battery tiltback will occur briefly - at least a few times, as the remaining power dips closer to 20%. If you slow down at this point, you can continue to ride for 1-2 km at 10-15km/hr on level terrain. For me, battery tiltback isn't total until the battery level drops to 19%. At that point, the warning beeps have become frequent and annoying, and the gradual tiltback has been a polite but persistent reminder to slow down.

I add to this topic from my recent experiences. I have owned by Ninebot 1E+ for one year now and have driven close to 600 km. All driving is just smooth: starting, stopping, sharp turns, slow drives, precise drive paths etc. Mostly I'm driving in downtown either in separate bike tracks or within car traffic lines. Also on cobble stones if need to.

I have experienced tilt back many times and have always been able to slow down when feeling that. Until just 4 days ago I was driving with busy schedule to reach my target. Probably due that I drove bit more rushingly than normally and top speed for sure and experienced sudden deep tiltback that got me by suprise.  Feared of falling down (despite my skateboard tape) and decided to jump off the wheel. I had to run my best to avoid falling to ground. Barely managed. Had also wrist protection and helmet on like I always do but still preferred not the greet the ground too closely... That incident was the scariest thing that I experienced since learning to drive.

Just yesterday then I had the same happening again. This time I was going on a long bridge and overspeeding happened when turning from riding uphill to downhill.  Had the feeling again that I'm beyond slowing down anymore and jumped off the wheel. This time there was a handrail I could take support to prevent me falling down to ground. Ninebot and my ego sure take hit...

Both these experiences have eaten my confidence and I'm thinking what has changed in my riding. Batteries were fully charged in both cases and I had driven just 2-3 km's before these incidents. 

I don't like the tiltback feeling at all. Always when I feel it I slow down to level the pedals again. Just these two cases the tiltback get so quickly so bad that I paniced.

I truly wish Ninebot would not tilt back that much. If these incidents would have happened while driving among car traffic I might not have been ble to type this anymore ..

Archived