SOLOWHEEL RIDERS WANTED FOR A COMMERCIAL IN LOS ANGELES

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Marty Backe  Dammit man!  Opportunity awaits!!!  Still got what a little over two hours to make it over there!  Fly like the wind!!!

Hold the phone - is this like some sort of insurance company commercial that shows "risky" hobbies so people will buy more health insurance?  :blink:  $3000.  Whatever, sign my client up!!!

BTW any claims of thread misdirection :innocent1: are puuuurely incorrect.  Plausible deniability clause: I can honestly say that I had no knowledge whatsoever of any duplicitous actions instructed to me by my client directing me to fool everyone here to help increase his chances of being signed.  Thank you, and that is all.

:clap3: <High five Marty, high five!>  This is why you have me as your agent!!!  :thumbup:  Don't forget the 10%!!!

It's probably one of these generic commercials. You know:

This standard type of mellow, happy music (some high piano notes are definitely required), showing a diverse cast of people doing their jobs in perfect harmony (always smiling, sunshine, ...), being good and helping grandmas across the street, smiling while on the phone with an important business call, bla bla everyday stuff etc; said lab assistant smiling as he shows his clipboard to some other lab girl (also smiling) in the lab to communicate the super serious important anti cancer results or whatever, or gives something over the counter (smiling) to the grateful (smiling) grandma; and so on it goes.

Then these people are shown doing the exxxxtreme (or not so extreme) sports after leaving work/in their free time: downhill mountain biking, surfing, whatever - and the lab assistant steps on his EUC when leaving work (or whenever) among them, riding off into the distance (in the traffic maybe?).

"Everyone needs a trusted partner when your health is concerned ... bla bla .. get Omnicorp health insurance.. bla bla" *happy music* *company jingle*

--

My guess:)

I thought more along the lines of accident injury insurance where the lead character is shown engaging in what might be considered "risky" physical activities like testing Gotway firmware and flying through the air... fade to hospital visit with relatives gathered closely around main character... arm in sling with leg in cast and bandages around head.  Deep voice-over talks about how sad it is for Mr. Fronte to have not signed up for an accident / injury policy.  Close-up to little Mary's face with tear sliding down right cheek... Narrator continues describing how daughter Mary's dreams of taking neuroscience in university are now in the trash can... Pan to angry wife... fade to dream sequence where tropical holiday plans are suddenly cancelled and the car is repossessed... Shot moves to little Jacob's dream sequence of the pet repo people snatching away his favorite pet, Nibbles the Bunny....

"NooOOOooOo!!!!" Mr. Fronte screams out, waking up from a sweaty nightmare while he checks his limbs and body which are surprisingly all intact!  He grabs the phone immediately to make an appointment to get some accident / injury insurance...

They should contact @steve454 for a drone choreography sequence consultation...

54 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

Just went to the audition. Its a breeze! One line to say,

Well, what is the line? You probably didn't want anyone arriving after you to have a chance to rehearse the line, but when the auditions are over, please tell us the line.:huh:

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Ahhh that makes more sense.  We call these Electric Unicycles in general.  Sort of like cars are cars and hoverboards are hoverboards.  Solowheel is a specific brand name of electric unicycle just like Ford or GM is a brand of car or Swagtron or Phunkyduck is a brand of hoverboard.  So the doors to $3000 minus any agent fees are wide open!  Why didn't you say so in the first place?  :efef2e0fff:

@nbxpq3 @Sketch @Roll Model @enigma35 @csmyers @jrkline @noisycarlos @Questor @swvision  @Ando Melkonyan @abinder3 @captainwells @Tjtripp @Sven @unowheel

@Mushuukyou   @Alsayyad @Marvin Ong  @HeavyGoing  @Kimosabi @zentype @n2eus @Peter Q

Edited July 29 by Marty Backe

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

@Marty Backe Wouldn't this fit nicely for you? Do it!!! Become famous!

Too late for me, plus I already have a job :)

10 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Too late for me, plus I already have a job :)

:blink:  Aw man, I thought we discussed this!  Drop that aerospace job like it's hot!  This is BIG TIME!  Ask anyone this question:  Um, would you prefer to have a job doing some kinda aerospacey sort of yawn :yawn: work or would you like to appear on an exciting :w00t2:commercial riding an electric unicycle for fame and fortune??!!!  Com'on man!  Represent!!   Aim for the stars!!!  Plus how can you shoo away my 10% so easily???   Opportunities like this come only once in a lifetime!  You could be hanging with the greats like Alex Segmuller and enjoying all that grandeur!  It is my job as your agent to help slap some sense into you Marty.  :angry:  You know you want to do it.  Grab that chance by the cojones and have at it!  <pant pant pant my enabler powers have weakened>

@Katie O'Connor due to other commitments my client may not be able to meet the deadline for appearing today, but in lieu of that personal appearance, I will include this video showing my client's riding abilities and crash testing skills (hazard pay will be extra) as stunt EUC rider.  Not many people walk away unscathed by an accident like this so you can see my client has what it takes.  :efefe00999:  I might also add that he is also able to ride backwards and in the nude (nudity clause will of course be extra).

Example of Mr. Backe's off-road riding abilities:

1 hour ago, Stan Onymous said:

Great to see this process from the other side. The commercial director is right out of central casting. Infact I wish we had him in auditions for my last movie I executive produced. Lol spot on!

:blink:  Wha... what movie was that?  Stan, Stan, let's set up a meeting with my people and your people to discuss Marty's future in the movie business...  Let's put a pin in that.

LOL This is so funny!!

46 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:blink:  Aw man, I thought we discussed this!  Drop that aerospace job like it's hot!  This is BIG TIME!  Ask anyone this question:  Um, would you prefer to have a job doing some kinda aerospacey sort of yawn work or would you like to appear on a exciting commercial riding an electric unicycle for fame and fortune??!!!  Com'on man!  Represent!!   Aim for the stars!!!  Plus how can you shoo away my 10% so easily???   Opportunities like this come only once in a lifetime!  You could be hanging with the greats like Alex Segmuller and enjoying all that grandeur!  It is my job as your agent to help slap some sense into you Marty.  :angry:  You know you want to do it.  Grab that chance by the cojones and have at it!  <pant pant pant my enabler powers have weakened>

@Katie O'Connor due to other commitments my client may not be able to meet the deadline for appearing today, but in lieu of that personal appearance, I will include this video showing my client's riding abilities and crash testing skills (hazard pay will be extra) as stunt EUC rider.  Not many people walk away unscathed by an accident like this so you can see my client has what it takes.  :efefe00999:  I might also add that he is also able to ride backwards and in the nude (nudity clause will of course be extra).

Example of Mr. Backe's off-road riding abilities:

3 hours ago, Katie O'Connor said:

Hi guys, 

Your character is a friendly helpful lab technician... who just happens to be an electric unicycle rider :)

Someone hip and up on the latest trends, but a little outside the mainstream.  Someone interesting and fresh, riding an EUC will cause a buzz.  Could be a recruiting commercial for the health services company.

2 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:blink:  Wha... what movie was that?  Stan, Stan, let's set up a meeting with my people and your people to discuss Marty's future in the movie business...  Let's put a pin in that.

Born Guilty with Rosanna Arquette. We are making a distribution deal this fall, but it is up on IMDB. Interestingly enough the main character's name is Marty. 

11 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

Born Guilty with Rosanna Arquette. We are making a distribution deal this fall, but it is up on IMDB. Interestingly enough the main character's name is Marty. 

Very cool :thumbup:

But does he ride an EUC? That would really be interesting ;) The closest I've got to fame was my hoverboard in Back To The Future

248805_bttf.jpg

5 hours ago, Katie O'Connor said:

Hi guys, 

Your character is a friendly helpful lab technician... who just happens to be an electric unicycle rider :)

Someone hip and up on the latest trends, but a little outside the mainstream.  Someone interesting and fresh, riding an EUC will cause a buzz.  Could be a recruiting commercial for the health services company.  Is Rosanna Arquette in it?  She was great in so many movies, the wrong guy, the one with the dentist, what was the one with Madonna,  and the one where she was the dealers wife.  

I will reveal the line on the Dodger Stadium morning ride. If they reveal it fine for them. Oh wait I didnt sign a confidentiality agreement, just a release from physical liability should I fall while auditioning. Hmm well then tomorrow it is. It is real and it is not a line from an awesome Elvis song. Maybe more Jackson Browne oriented 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/4/2017 at 3:01 AM, Rehab1 said:

$3000! That should draw some interest!

Why shoot the commercial in LA? The beautiful scenery, riding conditions and perfect weather will only muck up the shot. Come to my area and enjoy our emotionally arid flatlands, barren landscape and unpredictable weather. :crying:

For real.  Seattle even

4 hours ago, SeattleAbarth said:

For real.  Seattle even

I remain jealous of the scenic areas in the country where members can regularly ride.......year around!:crying:

59 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

Yeah its nice weather if you can get it. But we do have times when its just too hot to ride. L.A. Drivers can not dive in the rain, so I am dreading this upcoming rainy season.

You mean the 5 days out of the year when we can't ride :D

18 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

Thats nearly a week Marty!  :crying:  And when are we going on another ride? I am all charged up and ready to blast off.

BTW did you check out my Doo Dah post? Any interest?

Maybe next weekend.

I saw your parade post. I'm not sure, that may be a bit 'out there' for me :), but I'm thinking about it.

• Keith locked this topic

Archived