Unicycle reliability stats - link provided

em1barns

In particular in a tiny market the manufacturers reputation is important, because for each model we only have very small numbers to make reliability statistics with. This is even more true, if we are considering to buy a new model. Everyones own decision, of course.

40 minutes ago, Mono said:

In particular in a tiny market the manufacturers reputation is important, because for each model we only have very small numbers to make reliability statistics with. This is even more true, if we are considering to buy a new model. Everyones own decision, of course.

I think it is pretty clear that reliability is quite an important metric in people's decisions. How many times do you see people cite reliability for choosing Kingsong over Gotway? Even though the range/speed metrics are not as good. Same with the old inmotions. The trouble is we don't have any official trusted reliability scores so on the forums we mainly base this off of word of mouth reports and major well-known issues. At least you have to give these guys some credit, as much as we may disagree, their approach isn't any worse than the very unscientific way this community has come to conclusions about the reliability of wheels. I only wish they published more detail. I think we can all agree that fixing a flat tire or broken trolly handle is not nearly as concerning as a burnt MOSFET or melted wires. But it seems likely all service requests are counted equally for their charts.

2 hours ago, electricpen said:

But it seems likely all service requests are counted equally for their charts.

I would think it is less likely, because then they could have just given the count. Instead, they figured they need to compute a score, which is more difficult to do.

Archived