KS16S review (short) after 1300 km / 2 months of use..

Lukasz

With moderate speeds (city sightseeing 15-20 km/h) in hot weather (higher battery efficiency) I have made over 50 km with still 30% power left, but I never had the occasion to really make "full discharge"   I make sometimes 60-70 km /day but with break in the mid day - so I charge the wheel back to 70-90 %. I use charge doctor daily, and make full charge every one week / 10 days.

Edited by Lukasz

Thanks! So this is extrapolated? Do you know if the 30% are actually usable or 20% is the end?

Why I'm asking: on my ACM 1300Wh, in warm weather I get nearly 1km per % battery so in theory the last 20% (when the constant beeps start) should easily give 15 km range. The one time I tested it, I was limited to walking speed very soon and didn't even get 5 km before the wheel tiltbacked so hard it was over. So effectively 20% battery left is like 0%, and the 80% are the real, usable range (corresponding to 75+ km without problems - I did 73 but that included a big, battery eating mountain ascent).

Yes, 70 km is for sure extrapolated/best conditions. 

I use wheel on the daily basis as my main mean of transport. Car just sits in the garage as long as my hypermarket supplies are still around...

I do not know yet if 30% means really 30% range....   I try not to experiment with full discharge if I do not have to... 

I try to stay between 30-94 % of charge as long as possible - if conditions allow

Edited by Lukasz
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

The KS-16S 840Wh (fw 1.02) can be ridden to 0% (50.0V) battery and even beyond. 48.0V is the final tiltback. The speed limit at 0% battery is still 20 km/h, but even a medium acceleration or a tiny incline will (dip the battery below 48.0V and) cause a tilt-back and beeps.

For me the last 5 km or so of the total range are not fun at all to ride, so I rarely go under 30%. And I mean 30% when stopped.

• Upvote 1