Can I learn this...?

Tom Fagerland

2 hours ago, novazeus said:

Hi, I'm new here. Ordered a white ks-16s. First one, so I'll be learning too.

Anyway, knowing that it is on it's way, made me come to grips with learning to ride it and trying to figure out a little balance assistance for just raw never having been on one.

Don't do it. It will "win" you some time in the beginning but you'll have to get confidence again without it. Just put a belt around the handle bar so you can keep it from falling down when you fall of (don't use it to keep your balance, the belt should be loose when riding on the euc) and get through the learning curve. Plenty of videos to find about it. It took me a couple of hours divided in a lot of small sessions (never practiced for more than 20 minutes, it will saturate the brain anyway) but now I can ride around with me deciding where to go and when to stop.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, novazeus said:

Hi, I'm new here. Ordered a white ks-16s. First one, so I'll be learning too.

Anyway, knowing that it is on it's way, made me come to grips with learning to ride it and trying to figure out a little balance assistance for just raw never having been on one. So I thought the same thing earlier today, a walker, two canes, shopping cart, etc. and then I was thinking how practical these things would be if you could get groceries, then I thought, jogging baby stroller. The geometry is similar to a Can Am Spyder.

I figure you could get a nice used one at Goodwill. 

Thinking about putting my dog up there but he's probably gonna be too big (Anatolian Shepherd) so maybe a swaddled remote control "Chuckie" for laughs.

Any of you pros ever tried it or know it won't work pls lmk.

I suggest starting in a hallway. As soon as you can ride the length of the hallway with any regularity, it's time to go outside. Be sure to pad your wheel first!!

On 07/08/2017 at 8:58 AM, Tom Fagerland said:

As for a strap/leash, I'm pretty sure my Airwheel X5 can't actually balance, and I'm more balanced than it is, so if it actually managed to move a few meters on its own, I would look upon that as a miracle...

you mean like this?

How can you be so sure? 

Archived