My MSuper V3 MINI showed up today!!! WooHoo!!!!

13 hours ago, SuperSport said:

IMG_0700.jpg

Ok, just kidding.  I scanned my wheel and printed it in 3D.  I did this really quickly, so the details are very poor.  Now that I know it can work, I will do it again at higher detail levels.  It was a fun little project though.  I printed it blue and use a marker for the black. Unfortunately, the ink bleeds down the print lines pretty easily.  Next time I'll be ready for that.

IMG_0695.jpg

IMG_0694.jpg

IMG_0693.jpg

IMG_0684.jpg

Awesome! You could sell those for big key chains.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Awesome! You could sell those for big key chains.

Thanks Rehab1!

Once I have a clean version, I think I might do just that.  This one is quite rough and a little too big for a key chain at 4" tall.  But when I have it cleaned up and ready, I can make any size up to 16" tall and probably down to about 1" tall and still hold details..

• Upvote 3

I use to make miniature pilot license key chains in another life. I believe if you could make a clean copy of the wheel, say 1 1/2" in diameter, with a slot or hole for the chain you could possibly sell them.

Your project would be easy. My key chains were customized and involved a lot of engraving. Each pilot license was unique with the pilot''s name, birth date, date of license issuance, aircraft rating along with administrator's forged signature. :)

It just so happens I have 10,000 non-plated key chains in my attic.:facepalm:

rlAI4LJ.jpg

• Upvote 3

On 7/28/2017 at 4:57 PM, SuperSport said:

Ok, just kidding.  I scanned my wheel and printed it in 3D.  I did this really quickly, so the details are very poor.  Now that I know it can work, I will do it again at higher detail levels.  It was a fun little project though.  I printed it blue and use a marker for the black. Unfortunately, the ink bleeds down the print lines pretty easily.  Next time I'll be ready for that.

IMG_0695.jpg

So is it going to be a AAA or AA model?

• Upvote 1