FLAF TIRE!!!!

MagicCow

3 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Actually I think I would patch it. I haven't seen Slime for sale locally.

Slime is just one brand name - there are a variety of brands - just ask around for Tire Sealant or Tire Foam.

6 hours ago, sanman said:

Slime is just one brand name - there are a variety of brands - just ask around for Tire Sealant or Tire Foam.

True for sure. But Slime is widely available from Amazon (where I buy it) or EBay. Probably other places to.

• 8 months later...

I have repaired well-over 30 flat tires on my wheels the first couple years I rode. Fix a Flat was OK but really messy and not effective regularly. Slime was better but I continued to get flats.  It wasn't until I discovered Stan's Tubeless that my flat repairs ended.  Stan's is about $5 for a 4oz bottle, and you use 1/2 of  it in your wheel.  The best part, is it really does reseal punctures immediately.  I actually could feel my tire on one particularly rough ride where I was bumping up and down curbs, develop a leak then stop several times. And when I parked my wheel and checked it the next morning still had what I thought was the same amount of air as when I parked it.

Try Stan's, I haven't been disappointed in 2 years since I've used it....and of my 3 wheels have only repaired two, maybe three flats in that period of time (I was doing it several times a month, if not weekly for years.

5 hours ago, Tim Koffler said:

I have repaired well-over 30 flat tires on my wheels the first couple years I rode. Fix a Flat was OK but really messy and not effective regularly. Slime was better but I continued to get flats.  It wasn't until I discovered Stan's Tubeless that my flat repairs ended.  Stan's is about $5 for a 4oz bottle, and you use 1/2 of  it in your wheel.  The best part, is it really does reseal punctures immediately.  I actually could feel my tire on one particularly rough ride where I was bumping up and down curbs, develop a leak then stop several times. And when I parked my wheel and checked it the next morning still had what I thought was the same amount of air as when I parked it.

Try Stan's, I haven't been disappointed in 2 years since I've used it....and of my 3 wheels have only repaired two, maybe three flats in that period of time (I was doing it several times a month, if not weekly for years.

30-flat's. You must ride in brutal conditions. Then again, maybe I've had that many but Slime fixed them all. The first thing I do when getting a new tire is put Slime in it.

Thanks for the Stan's recommendation. I never heard of it, but the ad-copy makes it look effective.

• 1 month later...
On 7/31/2017 at 7:02 AM, Marty Backe said:

You should fill the tire with Slime. There are plenty of articles on this forum (use the search function in the upper right of the screen.

Here's a video that demonstrates Slime's effectiveness:

yes but ... check the slim, first.

I had long discuss with the vendor in a French shop, ... to understand what meant the icon mentioning "Tubeless tick" or "Tubeless crossed" on the slim tub, ... made in France! Because it  was the last item and so afraid of flat tire, I bought it. Thinking whatever, if it can fix a tire hole it may certainly fix a tube as well, no ? The response is No. Look at the picture, ... the liquid pours out the tube and don't dry at contact with the air as the marketing said, ... so it is Use Less for sure 

IMG_0114.JPG

IMG_0121.JPG

On 7/29/2017 at 4:55 AM, dmethvin said:

If you fill it, does it take a while to get soft? If so the fix a flat might work. Otherwise I would pull the tube and see if you can patch it with a rubber patch. 

This video shows how you can patch the tube without even opening the case if there is enough wheel exposed. 

Hi, very nice vid and comments. The water pouring out the tire while the ride was a great moment. Thank you. 

I have tried to do the same, but tube did not rotate with the wheel, it stayed stuck around the axe. So it was impossible to  inspect the entire tube. The King Song KS-16 has more covering cage than yours so it makes exercice more difficult I suppose. Would you have any hint ?

Archived