Inmotion V8 - App doesnt work - Locate Failed

dennisjuh074

Hallo, Happy EUC riders!

i'm new at the forum and have a little problem whit my new Inmotion V8 app.
i have buyed a new Inmotion V8 treu aliexpress.com. it is riding very very nice and i'm very happy whit it!

the only problem i have is that the maximum speed is set on (20 km/pu)... in movies on youtube people say you can set it to (30 km/pu)
i have looking en looking and searching on the internet for answers bud i can't find a solution to get my inmotion faster!

is there maybe someone who can have a solution to make it faster?

i already have tryed out:
- older version of the app....
- try it whit VPN or GPS faker
- Flymode (whit bluethooth)
- diffrent phones (Android)

but nothing doessent work!

i still get the message "Locate Failed"

so if someone could help me out? that would be really really nice!

Thank you! Dennisjuh074 (sorry for my bad englisch i'm from holland :D)

I'm having the same exact issues. I've even tried the following on top of what you did:

-having it on airplane mode right before even opening the app, then turning off airplane mode.

-"Clean" installs, where I upgraded the app, uninstalled the old version, cleared cache, and then installed the latest version

- restarted my phone after every different install

This leads me to believe it's an issue on inmotion's end, where it feels like the apps don't even try to do a location check. I hope it gets resolved soon. I just got my wheel 2 days ago, and at first, I couldn't even register a username! I just tried again today, and it let me make the username, then this "Locate Failed" issue came up. So know you're not alone.

I suspect you have purchased a geographically locked wheel (locked to China) rather than an international one. The app is rejecting you because you aren't in China when trying to access it.

I think you need VPN software on your phone to exit your internet connection at an endpoint in China and then you will be able to access the app to make the change.

A real pain the backside, but it is the price you pay for a cheap import.

Even disabling all forms of positioning as quoted below

On 01/25/2017 at 5:26 PM, charlesrg said:

I got able to use it.

I just disabled location services, disabled cellular data and turned WIFI off. The app barked and spitted some errors saying: #@#$@#$  can't reach the server. But after the error I got able to change the settings. All I wanted was to change the default max speed from 16 to 19 as I want to cruise at 16 without getting nuclear warning sound. I don't use the app for anything else.

4 minutes ago, dennisjuh074 said:

yes i have readed that also!

but i already have tryed that out! doenst work anymore

Hmmm.

LIke mentioned in the thread, perhaps go over to the French Forum, they used a Special VPN app???

You can find the Forum under

espritroue.fr

Perhaps there are some more tips!

27 minutes ago, dennisjuh074 said:

but it also doessnt work

10 hours ago, BUSTANUTELLA said:

I'm having the same exact issues.

Sorry to hear that, guys. Inmotion have a long going story blocking app functions for units sold on Aliexpress outside China. You should definitely try to get back in toiuch with Aliexpress dealers you've bought from. 

As far as I remember, there is no way to recover once the wheel reads the network provider settings.

I ordered mine on ebay from a guy in Canada. I don't know where he got it from, or if he's a legitimate reseller. The only real reason I want the app is to play around with the calibration and forward tilt, but I can live without it. I didn't like the LEDs, but you can turn them off straight from the wheel, no need for the app. (I ordered it from there, because of the whole Solowheel bs). I'll try again every few days, because if previous versions of the app don't connect in the same matter the latest version doesn't connect, I think it's on inmotion's end.

23 minutes ago, vladmarks said:

Sorry to hear that, guys. Inmotion have a long going story blocking app functions for units sold on Aliexpress outside China. You should definitely try to get back in toiuch with Aliexpress dealers you've bought from. 

As far as I remember, there is no way to recover once the wheel reads the network provider settings.

Isn't there a way to "reset" the V8? Or perhaps to disconnect batteries to bring it to Forget the Network?

I doubt the wheel itself remembers the region. I'm guessing it is all serial number based cross referenced with a set region on their servers. One last thought would be to clear the app data in the Android settings while all GPS and data connections are off. Maybe the app caches the last detected region and starting it fresh with no outside connection will let you in. If that fails then do the same but with GPS off and a vpn to China established so first app connection is from a China IP. This is all guesses though.

58 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

I doubt the wheel itself remembers the region. I'm guessing it is all serial number based cross referenced with a set region on their servers. One last thought would be to clear the app data in the Android settings while all GPS and data connections are off. Maybe the app caches the last detected region and starting it fresh with no outside connection will let you in. If that fails then do the same but with GPS off and a vpn to China established so first app connection is from a China IP. This is all guesses though.

Yip, that maybe right...

So i would:

De-install the app completly....

Clear all Caches...

Install the app new and be sure that on the first contact with the wheel, air plane mode is on, and only Bluetooth is enabled...somehow the others also got it to work :-)

11 hours ago, WARPed1701D said:

A real pain the backside, but it is the price you pay for a cheap import.

He should have bought the SoloWheel AstroGlide 3 for $1595. It has excellent customer support through SoloWheel Seattle, and I'm sure their warranty and service is worth every penny.

1 hour ago, LanghamP said:

He should have bought the SoloWheel AstroGlide 3 for $1595. It has excellent customer support through SoloWheel Seattle, and I'm sure their warranty and service is worth every penny.

:roflmao:

Archived